Are You Bored In Your Marriage....?

I would want to know everything about the person I was marrying. The only way to do that is to live with that person and get to know all of their annoying quirks and habits and if you are compatible, not only sexually but in other ways as well. IMO, that is why people are so unhappy and miserable with their marriages. They married a person that they didn't really know and now they're stuck with it FOREVER.
In order to get to know someone that well, you have to invest so much in the relationship you basically are already married. As long as you maintain the idea in the back of your head that you can just walk away if it gets difficult, you'll never form that ultimate bond.

Not if you care for the person. Marriage is just a piece of paper. Besides, why wouldn't you just want to be able to walk away from a bad relationship? You want to be stuck in one?
That depends how you define a "bad" relationship. Abuse or infidelity certainly is a reason to walk away, while getting irritated because he/she leaves socks on the floor is not. As for marriage only being a piece of paper, it is only to those who refuse to fully commit. Like I said, as long as you retain the option of walking away when things get a little rough, you'll never get the ultimate relationship.

Who leaves their spouse because they left socks on the floor? Are you being serious? :lol: I'm talking about irreconcilable differences, and lots of people are just not compatible. They fight about everything. Is that a good environment in which to raise children?

I would want to know everything about the person I was marrying. The only way to do that is to live with that person and get to know all of their annoying quirks and habits and if you are compatible, not only sexually but in other ways as well. IMO, that is why people are so unhappy and miserable with their marriages. They married a person that they didn't really know and now they're stuck with it FOREVER.
In order to get to know someone that well, you have to invest so much in the relationship you basically are already married. As long as you maintain the idea in the back of your head that you can just walk away if it gets difficult, you'll never form that ultimate bond.

Not if you care for the person. Marriage is just a piece of paper. Besides, why wouldn't you just want to be able to walk away from a bad relationship? You want to be stuck in one?
That depends how you define a "bad" relationship. Abuse or infidelity certainly is a reason to walk away, while getting irritated because he/she leaves socks on the floor is not. As for marriage only being a piece of paper, it is only to those who refuse to fully commit. Like I said, as long as you retain the option of walking away when things get a little rough, you'll never get the ultimate relationship.

Who leaves their spouse because they left socks on the floor? Are you being serious? :lol: I'm talking about irreconcilable differences, and lots of people are just not compatible. They fight about everything. Is that a good environment in which to raise children?

He was exaggerating to prove a point. He isn't too far off though.

How do you know? Do you know why people end their marriages? Did you do a poll or something? :D You and he have no idea why a couple decides to end their marriages, and since it's a pain in the ass to have a divorce, I imagine that most of the time their reasons are pretty good. You don't need to "approve" of other people's decisions or relationships.

The more likely scenario is that they got married too young or before they really knew one another, realized that they didn't get along and maybe even hated each other, and divorced.

How do you know? Do you know why people end their marriages? Did you do a poll or something? :D You and he have no idea why a couple decides to end their marriages, and since it's a pain in the ass to have a divorce, I imagine that most of the time their reasons are pretty good. You don't need to "approve" of other people's decisions or relationships.

Well I have seen a lot of divorces in my day. Many friends and family members have been divorced, many also, more than once. Often times it was very trivial stuff too.

When did I say I had to "approve"? I never said that or implied it.

Well I have seen a lot of divorces in my day. Many friends and family members have been divorced, many also, more than once. Often times it was very trivial stuff too.

Well, apparently to them it was not so trivial. Most people get married before they are ready, or they marry someone they don't know well enough. They don't know what it's like to live with that person.

I think you are one of our conservative posters, so imagine, if you married a woman to find out she was a liberal! :lol:

Well, apparently to them it was not so trivial. Most people get married before they are ready, or they marry someone they don't know well enough. They don't know what it's like to live with that person.

I'm sure it wasn't trivial to them, but YOU said that leaving socks on the floor is too trivial. Perhaps it wasn't trivial to them.

I think you are one of our conservative posters, so imagine, if you married a woman to find out she was a liberal! :lol:

I would have known that before we got married.

Maybe, maybe not. :D What if she changed into a liberal? Then what?

I'm sure it wasn't trivial to them, but YOU said that leaving socks on the floor is too trivial. Perhaps it wasn't trivial to them.

Well, you said you knew, so why did they divorce?

Doubtful. I wouldn't marry someone that stupid.

You would have no way of predicting such a thing though. :D It is certainly a possibility, so would you divorce her for that? Is that a "trivial" reason to you?

Who?

Who?

You said this "Many friends and family members have been divorced, many also, more than once. Often times it was very trivial stuff too." So? What was the trivial stuff? :)

You would have no way of predicting such a thing though. :D It is certainly a possibility, so would you divorce her for that? Is that a "trivial" reason to you?

I'm serious. One would have to be pretty stupid to suddenly become a Democrat when they are not. I'd be seriously concerned for her sanity.

I'm serious. One would have to be pretty stupid to suddenly become a Democrat when they are not. I'd be seriously concerned for her sanity.

That doesn't answer my question though. Would you divorce her? Some would say that is a trivial reason and something you could learn to deal with. Right?

Who?

You said this "Many friends and family members have been divorced, many also, more than once. Often times it was very trivial stuff too." So? What was the trivial stuff? :)

That's irrelevant. I was responding to your statement that leaving socks on the floor was too trivial to get divorced over. They were an example.

Who?

That's irrelevant. I was responding to your statement that leaving socks on the floor was too trivial to get divorced over. They were an example.

It is not irrelevant. You brought it up. You claim to know why people divorce and you claim that their reasons are "trivial." Maybe you should just admit that you have no idea, and that is not really YOUR place to judge whether or not their reasons are trivial? ;)

Who?

It is not irrelevant. You brought it up. You claim to know why people divorce and you claim that their reasons are "trivial." Maybe you should just admit that you have no idea, and that is not really YOUR place to judge whether or not their reasons are trivial? ;)

You're lost. Let me help you:

Someone else said: "People get divorced for leaving socks on the floor."
You said: "No one gets divorced for something that silly."
I said: "He was exaggerating, trying to prove a point. I know a lot of people who got divorced over trivial things."
You said; "Well to them they are not so trivial."
I said: "Just like leaving socks on the floor is not too trivial."

It has nothing to do with what my friends got divorced over.

Are we clear now?

Forum List

Back