Are You Bored In Your Marriage....?

... that is why people are so unhappy and miserable with their marriages. They married a person that they didn't really know ......

No it's not. It's because today's adults were raised to think and act like self-centered children who flip the chess board and run away at the first sign of frustration or discomfort.

... or because they watched too many movies. Then, when the love is not like the movie, well, must not be the "real thing"....

Not bored at all. It took 30 years to rub all the sharp edges off and realize that we were better off together than any other way, so now it's more exciting than ever.

It's interesting how some marriages flourish and others die out. I still think it has a lot to do with the maturity and stability of the people involved. Anyone can be compatible or attracted to each other, but, to be able to deal with the rest requires an ADULT!

I would want to know everything about the person I was marrying. The only way to do that is to live with that person and get to know all of their annoying quirks and habits and if you are compatible, not only sexually but in other ways as well. IMO, that is why people are so unhappy and miserable with their marriages. They married a person that they didn't really know and now they're stuck with it FOREVER.
In order to get to know someone that well, you have to invest so much in the relationship you basically are already married. As long as you maintain the idea in the back of your head that you can just walk away if it gets difficult, you'll never form that ultimate bond.

... that is why people are so unhappy and miserable with their marriages. They married a person that they didn't really know ......

No it's not. It's because today's adults were raised to think and act like self-centered children who flip the chess board and run away at the first sign of frustration or discomfort.

... or because they watched too many movies. Then, when the love is not like the movie, well, must not be the "real thing"....

That has to be one of the silliest things I've heard. I doubt that is the case if they are over 15.

I would want to know everything about the person I was marrying. The only way to do that is to live with that person and get to know all of their annoying quirks and habits and if you are compatible, not only sexually but in other ways as well. IMO, that is why people are so unhappy and miserable with their marriages. They married a person that they didn't really know and now they're stuck with it FOREVER.
In order to get to know someone that well, you have to invest so much in the relationship you basically are already married. As long as you maintain the idea in the back of your head that you can just walk away if it gets difficult, you'll never form that ultimate bond.

Not if you care for the person. Marriage is just a piece of paper. Besides, why wouldn't you just want to be able to walk away from a bad relationship? You want to be stuck in one?

No, not in the least. We both are very sharp and quick witted so the conversations are always pretty funny.

OMG. I'm heartbroken that you're married. I was going to try to get you to switch teams, or at least be a switch playa! :lol:

lol. Married for 4 years and we've been together for almost 15 years. We started dating when I was 21. We got married in Boston, which is one of my favorite cites in the nation.
Did things change once "she got papers"?

M
Thats a terrible way to do it IMO. Women act different after they get married no matter how long you live with them.

Oh please. Lol. You cannot continue a "facade" when you are living with someone 24/7. :D
I lived with my wife for 2 years prior to marriage and she acted "differently" once she was official.

Well, that's weird. Lol. I don't see how you can hide who you truly are from a person you spend most of your free time with.
Chris is a fucking relationship expert. That is why she is 38 and lives alone in a shitty apartment with a rabbit.

What is your obsession about MY living arrangements. My rent probably cost more than your mortgage old man! Now, again, take that big black penis out of your bum.

What total bullshit. People are creatures of habit. Of course you are not going to be married for 20 years and then walk around saying it sucks. It sucks, but you aren't going to say it.

People get comfortable. They form habits. You can get divorced, habitual use new behavior and be just as happy. There is nothing magic about love. It does not exist independently of us.

What do you know, whore mongering, syphilis infested stinkpot?

You think? I'm sure most people give it a go and it just doesn't work out. Some people are just not compatible and do not get along. Is that the kind of relationship you would want for life?

As I was saying...

Hey buddy, if you want to spend your life in a miserable relationship, that's on you. Lol.

If you want to spend your life in the vain pursuit of constant, uninterrupted, giddy stoner bliss with no hint of any discomfort, frustration, or discord, that's your self-defeating delusion. Adults know life doesn't work like that, but by all means flip over the board and run off whining and expect a different outcome each time.

As I was saying...

Hey buddy, if you want to spend your life in a miserable relationship, that's on you. Lol.

If you want to spend your life in the vain pursuit of constant, uninterrupted, giddy stoner bliss with no hint of any discomfort, frustration, or discord, that's your self-defeating delusion. Adults know life doesn't work like that, but by all means flip over the board and run off whining and expect a different outcome each time.

Who said that? I've seen miserable relationships before. They aren't pretty. Some marriages are not worth saving. Fact.

Forum List

Back