Are you afraid of black people?

We constantly hear that the racism dialog in America desperately needs more honesty and understanding, so I'm trying to be honest ,and by that, maybe I can learn something from someone and maybe/hopefully someone can learn something from me as well. So my answer to the OP title is yes, to some degree. I would feel unsafe if I were to be walking through black neighborhoods at night, or being surrounded by a group of blacks in certain circumstances. Does that make me a racist? I don't believe it does. Fear is an intelligent trait often times, when rational. The question is do I have an irrational fear. I believe that I do not. When I read stories in the news, look at hard data on crime and consider my own personal experiences, It is clear to me that I'm in a considerably more dangerous situation if I'm around blacks or Latino's, as opposed to other races or another ethnicity. Often times I hear about black people who get angry when they see whites afraid of them. We've all heard the frustration black men express when they talk about white women clutching their purses when they're around blacks. I can see why they're mad, to some degree, because for the most part there's nothing to be afraid of when dealing with blacks and I can see they believe they are being unfairly judged. Some of the fear however is justified. For example many white people, I would imagine, wouldn't think of walking through the projects at night. Also, the reason for the fear is because of the type of behavior blacks have shown. So when nonviolent, law abiding blacks get upset when whites fear them, they should be angry with other blacks and they're behavior for making whites afraid of them. I don't know that's just the way I see it. Am I wrong? Are others willing to admit they're afraid of blacks to a degree as well? I would appreciate other point of views to this OP as well.
afraid of them ? hell no ! but then again im not an apologetic guilt ridden liberal .

We constantly hear that the racism dialog in America desperately needs more honesty and understanding, so I'm trying to be honest ,and by that, maybe I can learn something from someone and maybe/hopefully someone can learn something from me as well. So my answer to the OP title is yes, to some degree. I would feel unsafe if I were to be walking through black neighborhoods at night, or being surrounded by a group of blacks in certain circumstances. Does that make me a racist? I don't believe it does. Fear is an intelligent trait often times, when rational. The question is do I have an irrational fear. I believe that I do not. When I read stories in the news, look at hard data on crime and consider my own personal experiences, It is clear to me that I'm in a considerably more dangerous situation if I'm around blacks or Latino's, as opposed to other races or another ethnicity. Often times I hear about black people who get angry when they see whites afraid of them. We've all heard the frustration black men express when they talk about white women clutching their purses when they're around blacks. I can see why they're mad, to some degree, because for the most part there's nothing to be afraid of when dealing with blacks and I can see they believe they are being unfairly judged. Some of the fear however is justified. For example many white people, I would imagine, wouldn't think of walking through the projects at night. Also, the reason for the fear is because of the type of behavior blacks have shown. So when nonviolent, law abiding blacks get upset when whites fear them, they should be angry with other blacks and they're behavior for making whites afraid of them. I don't know that's just the way I see it. Am I wrong? Are others willing to admit they're afraid of blacks to a degree as well? I would appreciate other point of views to this OP as well.
afraid of them ? hell no ! but then again im not an apologetic guilt ridden liberal .
It is a racist statement to say you are afraid of walking through a black neighborhood because this is implying that all black neighborhoods are unsafe. That may be true or not, but it's still a racist statement unless you substantiate that all black neighborhoods are unsafe. If you say I'm afraid to walk through xyz neighborhood that's not a racist statement even though it may be black. It's when we generalize when addressing race that a statement becomes racist. Racism is the belief that all members of a race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races. To avoid racism, you just need to treat people as individuals, a principal that this nation is built on. .

It is a racist statement to say you are afraid of walking through a black neighborhood because this is implying that you believe all black neighborhoods are unsafe. That may be true or not, but it's still a racist statement unless you substantiate that all black neighborhoods are unsafe. If you say I'm afraid to walk through xyz neighborhood that's not a racist statement even though it may be black. It's when we generalize when addressing race that a statement becomes racist. Racism is the belief that all members of a race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races. To avoid racism, you just need to treat people as individuals, a principal that this nation is built on. .

It is a racist statement to say you are afraid of walking through a black neighborhood because this is implying that all black neighborhoods are unsafe. That may be true or not, but it's still a racist statement unless you substantiate that all black neighborhoods are unsafe. If you say I'm afraid to walk through xyz neighborhood that's not a racist statement even though it may be black. It's when we generalize when addressing race that a statement becomes racist. Racism is the belief that all members of a race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races. To avoid racism, you just need to treat people as individuals, a principal that this nation is built on. .

OH for crying out loud, it's a racist statement to say blah blah blah, and who was the judge and jury who came up with that verdict
me being a woman I don't care what color you are I wouldn't walk through a black housing project and they feel the same walking though an all white neighbor hood. both places you are looked at with suspicion and as "out of place" and anyone man, woman or child would worry if something can happen to you. that's just reality nothing frikken racist about it. so knock it off with everything said is a racist statement. There's some people on this board I wouldn't care to come across in a dark alley, I suppose that's racist too
and what do we have to be afraid of a black man, when his pants are down to knees, his underwear is showing and he has mouth full of gold teeth. I'm sure they look like angles and not menacing.

Last edited:
i.gif
Are you afraid of Black people?

#####

If I lived in America I most likely would be, given all I read and see on tv...and the crime statistics for attacks on White people in America by Black people.

I'd also be armed to the teeth, with a handgun strapped on 'gunslinger' style 24/7/365 while at home...plus other guns on my person etc.

Break into my home to bash me or worse, or try to attack me elsewhere, I'd be armed and ready to fire.

Nice...well done! you managed to use "racist" or "racism" 6 times in that deflection.

Make up all the new definitions for racism you want'..call us all racists..we don't care anymore.You've used the word up.
White people are waking up and recognizing that the "protected class" are responsible for over HALF of ALL violent crime in the U.S. despite only making up 13% of the population...You don't want to address negro crime, though..you prefer to call white people names..

amusing.

I've discovered that when blacks congregate into large groups they tend to be more overtly racist. However, when they're with a group of whites they keep this in check.

I found out that a majority of blacks don't respect whites. Course alot of blacks don't respect each other either.

I've never been self-conscious about being with a large group of blacks because half of my family is black. Nothing like funeral services in a black church. A good service can be quite uplifting.

I've discovered that when blacks congregate into large groups they tend to be more overtly racist. However, when they're with a group of whites they keep this in check.

I found out that a majority of blacks don't respect whites. Course alot of blacks don't respect each other either.

I've never been self-conscious about being with a large group of blacks because half of my family is black. Nothing like funeral services in a black church. A good service can be quite uplifting.

The truth sometimes isn't pretty.

OH for crying out loud, it's a racist statement to say blah blah blah, and who was the judge and jury who came up with that verdict
me being a woman I don't care what color you are I wouldn't walk through a black housing project and they feel the same walking though an all white neighbor hood. both places you are looked at with suspicion and as "out of place" and anyone man, woman or child would worry if something can happen to you. that's just reality nothing frikken racist about it. so knock it off with everything said is a racist statement. There's some people on this board I wouldn't care to come across in a dark alley, I suppose that's racist too
and what do we have to be afraid of a black man, when his pants are down to knees, his underwear is showing and he has mouth full of gold teeth. I'm sure they look like angles and not menacing.
When you say it's unsafe to walk in a black neighborhood, you are implying that all black neighborhoods are unsafe. If you say, you can't trust a black man.., you are saying all black men can't be trust. Although that's probably not what you mean, that's what you're saying. This is really what racism is all about, judging individual as a group instead as individuals, ascribing the real or perceived characteristic of a racial group to each individual in the group.

When you say it's unsafe to walk in a black neighborhood, you are implying that all black neighborhoods are unsafe. If you say, you can't trust a black man.., you are saying all black men can't be trust. Although that's probably not what you mean, that's what you're saying. This is really what racism is all about, judging individual as a group instead as individuals, ascribing the real or perceived characteristic of a racial group to each individual in the group.

negroes commit over HALF of ALL violent crime in the u.s. despite only making up 13% of the population.

When a group has a crime rate that disproportionately high it's only common sense to be wary around them.

When a group rapes white women at an average of over 30,000 per year, it's common sense to be wary around them if you're female.

When a group is 40 times more likely to attack whites than the reverse, it's common sense to be wary around them.

No one ever said ALL black people are criminals. ..but I understand. You NEED to distort the facts.

I was at a traffic light just the other day, waiting for the green, when this tattooed scumbag walked in front of me with his behemoth "woman" trailing along. The guy had his shirt off, and looked (literally) like an ex con. Big, muscular, covered in prison style tats, up the neck, on the belly, everywhere. The light turned green while they were still crossing and I slowly moved forward, at which time THEY slowed down and looked at me, daring me to keep moving forward. I'm no fool, I allowed them their little victory pause and went around them when I had the room to do so safely. I have to assume that for them, this will be the highlight of their day.

They were white. White trash, to be precise, and I was as wary of them as I have ever been in crossing paths with some black scumbag. Afraid? No, but very much on guard.

If I was a young black male I would sure be afraid of other young black males.
If I were a young black female I would be afraid of young black males abandoning me, leaving only me to take care of his kids.

Nice...well done! you managed to use "racist" or "racism" 6 times in that deflection.

Make up all the new definitions for racism you want'..call us all racists..we don't care anymore.You've used the word up.
White people are waking up and recognizing that the "protected class" are responsible for over HALF of ALL violent crime in the U.S. despite only making up 13% of the population...You don't want to address negro crime, though..you prefer to call white people names..

amusing.
No, I don't want to address negro crime. I want to address crime. Why is it necessary to categorize crime by race? With the mixture of the races, race is not a well defined category. In fact nearly 10 million Americans identify themselves as multiracial which has doubled in the last 10 years. The actual number is of course far greater.

Forum List

Back