Are you afraid of black people?

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
We constantly hear that the racism dialog in America desperately needs more honesty and understanding, so I'm trying to be honest ,and by that, maybe I can learn something from someone and maybe/hopefully someone can learn something from me as well. So my answer to the OP title is yes, to some degree. I would feel unsafe if I were to be walking through black neighborhoods at night, or being surrounded by a group of blacks in certain circumstances. Does that make me a racist? I don't believe it does. Fear is an intelligent trait often times, when rational. The question is do I have an irrational fear. I believe that I do not. When I read stories in the news, look at hard data on crime and consider my own personal experiences, It is clear to me that I'm in a considerably more dangerous situation if I'm around blacks or Latino's, as opposed to other races or another ethnicity. Often times I hear about black people who get angry when they see whites afraid of them. We've all heard the frustration black men express when they talk about white women clutching their purses when they're around blacks. I can see why they're mad, to some degree, because for the most part there's nothing to be afraid of when dealing with blacks and I can see they believe they are being unfairly judged. Some of the fear however is justified. For example many white people, I would imagine, wouldn't think of walking through the projects at night. Also, the reason for the fear is because of the type of behavior blacks have shown. So when nonviolent, law abiding blacks get upset when whites fear them, they should be angry with other blacks and they're behavior for making whites afraid of them. I don't know that's just the way I see it. Am I wrong? Are others willing to admit they're afraid of blacks to a degree as well? I would appreciate other point of views to this OP as well.

Some would call it fear...I would call it common sense. Don't go where you're not wanted.

I agree that it is common sense, and most people have it, but I also find that a lot of people won't admit to it, because it's frowned upon. So I feel that if we're ever going to get anywhere through talking, the truth shouldn't be frowned upon.

Fishing. You REALLY want to learn something? Move into a black ghetto. Screw the internet. You know what? Blacks don't like white people very much. They never did, either.They pretend, hell, so do all whites. All this post racial bollocks died at Ferguson in those pitiful hate crimes, those so called riots. You do the math.

I am not afraid of a group of male teens walking towards me on a sidwalk...but I damn sure would cross the street, just in case. Who knows if one of them wants to play the knock out game? Doesn't matter what color they are, either. That goes for girl teens, too.

I'd be afraid to be in certain situations, regardless of the color of those involved.

Simple question.Where would you rather be at night, a black neighborhood or white one?

I take it you think my POV is racist?

I think you are not afraid of black people. I think you are afraid of low income areas high in crime. Many of which happen to be populated by black people.

So why do you think that is? <- you're answer will show whether or not your OP is racist.

But as to your question yes your OP seems pretty damn racist.

Unless he is black himself.

According to the statistics, a black man has more to fear for his life from a fellow black. It is just a sad commentary that blacks are 13% of the population, but yet consist of about 50% of the homicides...and over 80% of those homicides are committed by blacks. I would like to see more black people become activists within their own communities and find ways to stem such a cultural tragedy. It's easy to sit around and be a victim and blaming a lack of opportunity, but that should be a lesson in self-reliance and not counting on anyone else to look out for them. Life is not fair, and while they're fighting and waiting for their precious social justice, they need to also look inward and strive to protect their children by setting higher expectations for accepting personal responsibility.

I take it you think my POV is racist?

I think you are not afraid of black people. I think you are afraid of low income areas high in crime. Many of which happen to be populated by black people.

So why do you think that is? <- you're answer will show whether or not your OP is racist.

But as to your question yes your OP seems pretty damn racist.

Let me give you another scenario. If I were given the option of walking by a group of 10 blacks or 10 whites at night , I would chose the white group. Why? Because it's much more likely that the black group would start trouble with me. Isn't that a fact? If it is a fact is it racist for me to admit to feeling dafter with the white group as my choice? Please if it is racist, let me know how. And I don't say that to mock you.

Forum List

Back