Are we too far gone?

I think we are. This country is on a downward slide, and there is nothing that can be done to stop it.

The division is so bad now, I don't think we will ever come together again. Perhaps we need to stop worrying about changing the country and start managing the fall.

We are nearly to the point of civil war. All it will take is the right catalyst to start.

This country is not like it was 10 years ago. Obama's pledge to radically transform the country did indeed happen, perhaps not in the way he envisioned, but we are changed.

We are vicious, divided, hate filled people. I just think this country is done. Her best days gone.

They say history repeats itself, and most empires don't last. I think our empire has run its course. It's only a matter if time before we destroy ourselves from within, or another country invades and takes us over.
Rubbish.

The Republic will continue to exist AS a republic long after your great-great-great-grandchildren have lived-out their lives.

Other than foreign provocateur-trolls and wing-nuts on both sides, the vast majority of Americans are Union Men, through-and-through.

Not sure I would agree.
For example, in 1911 with the Philippine Rebellion, some US troops were guilty of waterboarding and were sentenced for it.
These days not only do we conduct wholesale torture, but renditions, drone assassinations, illegal invasions, etc. and no one even cares.
Before 1934, anyone suggesting federal gun control would have been lynched, and now the feds have completely taken over and licensed all weapons. That is insane, illegal, and there is strong reason to believe the republic is long gone.

Definitely our best days are long gone. As a monoculture, we were awesome, but it's over.

It was a great ride !

no way. our pendulum will swing on and our constitution will stand infinitely.. :thup:

Too late.
The Constitution is already long gone.
For example, it should be blatantly clear the 2nd amendment prohibits any federal weapons laws at all.
Presidents are not supposed to have the authority to declare wars, but Bush illegally invaded Iraq, and no one cared.
I am not sure decent candidates can even get past the parties and get nominated any more.
The war on drugs, the highest % incarcerated in the world, no public health care, bank bail outs instead of stopping foreclosures, etc.
All seem way beyond the constitution already.

Do gays say they don’t think you should have rights they have? You don’t see the difference.

You people think gays are going to hell. Don’t sugar coat it.

No one has suggested homosexuals be denied any rights. Homosexuals had exactly the same rights as everyone else. You of the Stalinist left demanded that they be granted high privilege above the ones hated by your party. Those who oppose the granting of special privilege to those who have sex with other men are attacked by you Nazis, But the homosexuals have the same rights as the rest of us. That includes the right to be called and asshole, just as you of the left call us. The idea that you will end free speech and freedom of religion to make sure our homosexual overlords are never offended is bullshit, Comrade.

"We respect the entire document AS WRITTEN and not used for ridiculous Social Engineering."

really?

do you support legalizing pot?
allowing gays equal rights?
allowing all religions (and non-religion) equal rights and opportunities?

I support legalizing ALL DRUGS.

I support gays doing whatever they want within the law.

I am not a religious person so I don't care what religious people do, or don't do.

Perhaps

But LOTS of conservatives do NOT!

The fact that I can read (on this message board EVERY DAY) attacks on gays by conservatives is a pretty good indication that MOST conservatives would create LAWS against homosexuals first chance they get.

The people still supporting CRIMINALIZING pot smokers are MOSTLY conservatives.

And there are many conservatives who voice their belief that America IS a "christian nation" and the bible should be the basis of law in the USA.

Pence believes that
Roy Moore believes that
Rush limbaugh believes that
Hannity believes that
Oreilly believes that
Beck believes that

Do you care about THAT?
Actually, this forum does not attack gays. Left wing politics has you thinking that way because they say that any disagreement with them is right wing hatred.

You'll never find any right wing talk show host attacking gay people. Sorry, it just doesnt happen. Just because they dont believe gay marriage should be recognized doesnt make then anti gay. It's their christian values, and that doesnt make than wrong, it just makes them opposed to that idea.

People are so quick to trash Christian's for their beliefs, as if they are horrible people, yet gay people are allowed to do whatever they want and it's ok. If gay people are allowed to have their say, why cant Christian's? Are you saying the gay community has more rights?

Just because someone doesnt approve of the homosexual lifestyle doesnt make them a bad person. Why do people insist on forcing beliefs on other people. You can still like them as a person, and disagree with their lifestyle.
Do gays say they don’t think you should have rights they have? You don’t see the difference.

First he says:

“Just because they dont believe gay marriage should be recognized doesnt make then anti gay.”

Then 4 sentences later….

"Why do people insist on forcing beliefs on other people.”

Sometimes the comedy writes itself.

Hamas gurl, doesn't your religion stone homosexuals and thrown them off of tall buildings?

Sometimes liars are obtuse...

Perhaps

The fact that I can read (on this message board EVERY DAY) attacks on gays by conservatives is a pretty good indication that MOST conservatives would create LAWS against homosexuals first chance they get.

And there are many conservatives who voice their belief that America IS a "christian nation" and the bible should be the basis of law in the USA.

Pence believes that
Roy Moore believes that
Hannity believes that
Oreilly believes that
Beck believes that

Do you care about THAT?
Actually, this forum does not attack gays. Left wing politics has you thinking that way because they say that any disagreement with them is right wing hatred.

You'll never find any right wing talk show host attacking gay people. Sorry, it just doesnt happen. Just because they dont believe gay marriage should be recognized doesnt make then anti gay. It's their christian values, and that doesnt make than wrong, it just makes them opposed to that idea.

People are so quick to trash Christian's for their beliefs, as if they are horrible people, yet gay people are allowed to do whatever they want and it's ok. If gay people are allowed to have their say, why cant Christian's? Are you saying the gay community has more rights?

Just because someone doesnt approve of the homosexual lifestyle doesnt make them a bad person. Why do people insist on forcing beliefs on other people. You can still like them as a person, and disagree with their lifestyle.

First he says:

“Just because they dont believe gay marriage should be recognized doesnt make then anti gay.”

Then 4 sentences later….

What right wing talk host is trying to force their beliefs on you? They dont agree that gay marriage should be the law, but you dont see them out there advocating congress to ban gay marriage.
Glenn Beck had an entire rally on the mall in DC about his beliefs. Politicians were there… you know the guys who make public policies. What would you call that?

Realize, these talk show hosts are not trying to force you to believe or accept anything, they are just stating their opinion, but you can be sure that the gay community are doing their best to force everyone else to accept their lifestyle.

So, my statement still stands. One community will use the law and the media to try and force people to accept them, the other is simply just giving their opinion.

Force you to accept them? What are you being forced to do sonny?

Those who support marriage equality (as I do) think the State shouldn’t have to bless your marriage before you can get the benefits that heterosexual couples receive. Whether you accept it or not….nobody cares except you.

The rally Glenn beck had on the mall was just a general freedom rally. It wasn't even targeted at any particular thing. It was about personal freedom and liberty, as all things that Glenn does. The fact that there were congressmen there has nothing to do with it. It wasn't as if Glenn was telling them "you need to ban gay marriage and you need to do this or that".

And yes, the gay community is forcing their lifestyle on others. We've already seen that if you exercise your own beliefs and they conflict with their beliefs, they will sue you and call you out on media.

Even publically vocalizing your opposition to their lifestyle will result in you being accused if hate speech. So yes, they are imposing themselves on others

we won't begin to heal until we get rid of the orange cancer.

& he is a cancer.

I feel the same about Obama and 90% of the demrat party. If it matters I also feel that way about 70% of the GOP.

lol... obama isn't putin's bitch. & 70 or 90% of the (D)s aren't russian complaisant pussies.

Neither is trump, at least we dont know it yet. But that doesnt stop these hate filled left wing talk shows from spouting it every single day, and you folks believe it.

Day one when the media reported possible collusion, the left didnt wait for any evidence, trump was guilty.

If Mueller report comes out and exonerates trump, the left will not accept it, they will say the investigation was rigged, or that mueller was gotten to.

I wouldn’t throw dirt on the US just yet.

However…

"As 10,000 baby boomers retire each day into the embrace of the entitlement state, rapid economic growth becomes more imperative and, because of the increasing weight of the state, more difficult to maintain. Entitlement spending and the cost of servicing the surging national debt increasingly crowd out rival claims on scarce public resources, including those for basic science. Because it is politically expedient to sacrifice the future, which does not vote, to the consumption of government services by those who do, America is eating its seed corn.”

—George F. Will
Are you suggesting the baby boomers are moving into entitlement? I wouldn't say that's a fair assumption if that is what you are saying.

Those people paid into the system all of their lives. A system forced onto them by the government with the explicit purpose of returning some of that money when they retire.

It's not their fault the government has been raiding the SS fund, and now it's barely hanging on.

Kids yes, but Wichita KS. Not exactly new york city.

No idea what you think any of that is gonna prove.

I'd bet you are 15 and in Beijing. You're trying to climb party ranks by trolling the Americans you hate..
Your delusions affect me not one tiny bit.

I have noticed, however, that republicans often accuse others of thing they are guilty of themselves.

Is that the case here? Are you a Russian troll working at the "internet research agency"? Pasty-faced and weak from too much borscht and too little sunlight, wasting away in a bare cubicle, trying to earn your next hit of krokodile?

I am not a religious person so I don't care what religious people do, or don't do.

Perhaps

Pence believes that
Roy Moore believes that
Hannity believes that
Oreilly believes that
Beck believes that

Do you care about THAT?

First he says:

Then 4 sentences later….

As you demonstrate dailyl

First he says:

Then 4 sentences later….

What right wing talk host is trying to force their beliefs on you? They dont agree that gay marriage should be the law, but you dont see them out there advocating congress to ban gay marriage.
Glenn Beck had an entire rally on the mall in DC about his beliefs. Politicians were there… you know the guys who make public policies. What would you call that?

Realize, these talk show hosts are not trying to force you to believe or accept anything, they are just stating their opinion, but you can be sure that the gay community are doing their best to force everyone else to accept their lifestyle.

So, my statement still stands. One community will use the law and the media to try and force people to accept them, the other is simply just giving their opinion.

Force you to accept them? What are you being forced to do sonny?

Those who support marriage equality (as I do) think the State shouldn’t have to bless your marriage before you can get the benefits that heterosexual couples receive. Whether you accept it or not….nobody cares except you.

The rally Glenn beck had on the mall was just a general freedom rally. It wasn't even targeted at any particular thing. It was about personal freedom and liberty, as all things that Glenn does. The fact that there were congressmen there has nothing to do with it. It wasn't as if Glenn was telling them "you need to ban gay marriage and you need to do this or that".
Incorrect. It was as much about religious demagoguery as anything else.

And yes, the gay community is forcing their lifestyle on others. We've already seen that if you exercise your own beliefs and they conflict with their beliefs, they will sue you and call you out on media.
You've been called out in the media sonny? Really? Link to the story please.

Even publically vocalizing your opposition to their lifestyle will result in you being accused if hate speech. So yes, they are imposing themselves on others

Uh...no. But you're entitled to your incorrect and really bizarre opinions.

However…

"As 10,000 baby boomers retire each day into the embrace of the entitlement state, rapid economic growth becomes more imperative and, because of the increasing weight of the state, more difficult to maintain. Entitlement spending and the cost of servicing the surging national debt increasingly crowd out rival claims on scarce public resources, including those for basic science. Because it is politically expedient to sacrifice the future, which does not vote, to the consumption of government services by those who do, America is eating its seed corn.”

—George F. Will
Are you suggesting the baby boomers are moving into entitlement? I wouldn't say that's a fair assumption if that is what you are saying.
I imagine Mr. Will was talking about the seniors who are dependent upon social security and the like. Most people on Social Security are in part supported by those working today paying into the system.

His point is correct that only a growing economy can sustain the Social Security model.

However…

—George F. Will
I imagine Mr. Will was talking about the seniors who are dependent upon social security and the like. Most people on Social Security are in part supported by those working today paying into the system.

His point is correct that only a growing economy can sustain the Social Security model.

Lets not try to blame Social Security for the fact all pensions have to be paid by the next generation.
That is the way they all work.
Social Security actually is very modest, in that it only pays back with about 5% interest.
It is true you need a growing economy to pay back social security, but that is also true of the national debt as well, and all of that is borrowing for military expenditures. It is the military that is killing us, and immigrants that can save our economy. From Stockholm International Peace Research Institute.
defense-spending-graph1.png

However…

—George F. Will

Lets not try to blame Social Security for the fact all pensions have to be paid by the next generation.
Social Security actually is very modest, in that it only pays back with about 5% interest.
It is true you need a growing economy to pay back social security, but that is also true of the national debt as well, and all of that is borrowing for military expenditures. It is the military that is killing us, and immigrants that can save our economy. From Stockholm International Peace Research Institute.
defense-spending-graph1.png

I wasn't blaming SS. I was pointing out (as you are) that there is a hint of entitlement in all retirement programs. Sometimes it's a whisper; other times it's in bold letters but every plan has essentially the same mechanisms.

What Mr. Will was pointing out is that unless you want to raise SS taxes, you need to have ever more people paying into it.

Of course, (different topic), what isn't mentioned is that SS contributions are capped at $8,239.80 meaning that the super wealthy have already paid in their yearly contribution as of their first paycheck in some rare cases.

However…

—George F. Will

I wasn't blaming SS. I was pointing out (as you are) that there is a hint of entitlement in all retirement programs. Sometimes it's a whisper; other times it's in bold letters but every plan has essentially the same mechanisms.

What Mr. Will was pointing out is that unless you want to raise SS taxes, you need to have ever more people paying into it.

Of course, (different topic), what isn't mentioned is that SS contributions are capped at $8,239.80 meaning that the super wealthy have already paid in their yearly contribution as of their first paycheck in some rare cases.

Fine, I do not disagree then.
The point was just that Social Security is not welfare, but just what people paid in being paid back, much later, and with modest interest.
Possible fixes include more people paying in, wealthy paying more, all people paying more, or just waiting until 2040, when the boomer bubble has died off, (that include me).

What I would prefer is for the country to spend less on the military and instead spend it on paying back interest on all that the government has borrowed from past Social Security surpluses.

Perhaps

Pence believes that
Roy Moore believes that
Hannity believes that
Oreilly believes that
Beck believes that

Do you care about THAT?

First he says:

Then 4 sentences later….

Hamas gurl, doesn't your religion stone homosexuals and thrown them off of tall buildings?

Somewhat confused.
Sharia is clearly very anti homosexual, but Sharia is Judaism that preceded Islam.
Most Muslims follow Sharia, but Mohammad is not the source of Sharia.
It is the Old Testament that demands the death penalty for homosexuals.

I think we are. This country is on a downward slide, and there is nothing that can be done to stop it.

The division is so bad now, I don't think we will ever come together again. Perhaps we need to stop worrying about changing the country and start managing the fall.

We are nearly to the point of civil war. All it will take is the right catalyst to start.

This country is not like it was 10 years ago. Obama's pledge to radically transform the country did indeed happen, perhaps not in the way he envisioned, but we are changed.

We are vicious, divided, hate filled people. I just think this country is done. Her best days gone.

They say history repeats itself, and most empires don't last. I think our empire has run its course. It's only a matter if time before we destroy ourselves from within, or another country invades and takes us over.
Not even close, in another few presidential cycles the aging RWNJs will be mostly gone and things will level out.
--------------------------------------------------- Crep might be correct . After we 'OLD Americans are gone there will be no more Americans in any great number and you millenials , trannies , hip hoppers , dopers and druggies will be MORE free to really slide into the Gutter . Thanks for your post number 6 Crep .

This is actually equally Republican's faults, they did nothing as the U.S.A was being filled with Liberal Immigrants & the heads of our youths were being filled with Liberal propaganda from the Public Education system, Hollywood, the Media & the Music industry etc. etc.

No one has suggested homosexuals be denied any rights. Homosexuals had exactly the same rights as everyone else. You of the Stalinist left demanded that they be granted high privilege above the ones hated by your party. Those who oppose the granting of special privilege to those who have sex with other men are attacked by you Nazis, But the homosexuals have the same rights as the rest of us. That includes the right to be called and asshole, just as you of the left call us. The idea that you will end free speech and freedom of religion to make sure our homosexual overlords are never offended is bullshit, Comrade.

Stalin criminalized Gayness, so what does Stalinism & pro-Gayness have in common, exactly?

No offense, but that statement is ridiculous.

(Just) do the following:

1) Balance the budget and NEVER POST A DEFICIT EXCEPT DURING A DECLARED WAR,
2) remove the 'full employment' mandate from the Fed,
and 3) provide full government healthcare for all needy children/basic healthcare to all poor adults.

You do just those three things and America can maintain her 'empire' for about as long as she wants to.

America is going in the wrong direction...DEFINITELY.

But that direction is still easily reversible.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back