Are Americans really this Gullable?

I mean I just have to ask. I sat through the whole state of the Union and really listened. Once again I found myself hearing things that sound great to me from a Man who seems to say one thing and do another.

Are Americans really going to fall for this Illusionist who says one thing while doing another?

He talked about lowering Regulations when he has presided over a massive increase in Regulations.

He Talked about Lowering Taxes, when he wants to Raise them.

He Talked about Energy Security when he blocks Development of our own Resources and Puts off the Keystone Pipe Line for Partisan Political Reasons.

He Talks about working together when he has been one of the most Partisan Presidents ever.

He accuses Republicans of not acting on Jobs when no less than 30 Bills passed in the House are Dead in the Senate because his party controls it.

He opened the speech talking about Iraq and then Telling us were all safer and America is more Respected because of what the Generation that fought there did for us all, when he and his Party Have spent the last 9 Years telling US Iraq made the world hate us, and made us less safe.

I mean seriously are the American People Gullible enough to but this Crap?

"There's one born every minute"- PT Barnum. "This way to the great Egress!"

I would laugh it was not clear to me that Enough Americans are Stupid enough to ignore all Obama has done, and Buy his nice speeches full of Empty Promises and nice sounding Slogans again, and re-elect him.

Then we will all get to see what the Real Obama is like with No re-election to worry about.

You think he moved the country left in the first term? Just hold on to something. By the end of the next term the Left will have it all, Including the SCOTUS and then it's over.

How do you expect to win in a country where more than half the people pay no Federal Income tax and have Democrats to thank for it, with a President who thinks he is above the Constitution and in all most likely will be able to Appoint at least 1 Justice to the SCOTUS Just to make sure the Courts will back up his unconstitutional Actions.

I am telling you if the American People Re-elect Obama after all we have learned and his performance so far. We deserve what we get. What ever it is, I am betting people who believe in America's founding principles, and Capitalism wont recognize it.

WOW love the lame scare tactics.. LOL be afraid, be very afraid. LOL

I mean I just have to ask. I sat through the whole state of the Union and really listened. Once again I found myself hearing things that sound great to me from a Man who seems to say one thing and do another.

Are Americans really going to fall for this Illusionist who says one thing while doing another?

He talked about lowering Regulations when he has presided over a massive increase in Regulations.

He Talked about Energy Security when he blocks Development of our own Resources and Puts off the Keystone Pipe Line for Partisan Political Reasons.

He Talks about working together when he has been one of the most Partisan Presidents ever.

He accuses Republicans of not acting on Jobs when no less than 30 Bills passed in the House are Dead in the Senate because his party controls it.

He opened the speech talking about Iraq and then Telling us were all safer and America is more Respected because of what the Generation that fought there did for us all, when he and his Party Have spent the last 9 Years telling US Iraq made the world hate us, and made us less safe.

Since his administration has fewer regulations than the Bush administration after three years, Bush must have had "seriously massive" amounts of regulations and not just "massive".

Come on guys. Don't just believe right wing talking points without checking them out. Makes you look like "sheeple".

And yet..

Regulation Business, Jobs Booming Under Obama
By JOHN MERLINE, INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY
Posted 08/15/2011 07:01 PM ET

If the federal government's regulatory operation were a business, it would be one of the 50 biggest in the country in terms of revenues, and the third largest in terms of employees, with more people working for it than McDonald's, Ford, Disney and Boeing combined.

Under President Obama, while the economy is struggling to grow and create jobs, the federal regulatory business is booming.

Regulatory agencies have seen their combined budgets grow a healthy 16% since 2008, topping $54 billion, according to the annual "Regulator's Budget," compiled by George Washington University and Washington University in St. Louis.

That's at a time when the overall economy grew a paltry 5%.

Meanwhile, employment at these agencies has climbed 13% since Obama took office to more than 281,000, while private-sector jobs shrank by 5.6%.

Regulation Business, Jobs Booming Under Obama - Investors.com

Uh have you paid attention at all to the republicans and how they flip flop as they say one thing and then do another? Both romney and newt are kings of that.

If they buy your spin they have no one to blame but themselves.

Proof?? Listing two bills is not proof that he has increased the overall number of regulations.

he wants to raise SOME while lower others. How hard is that to understand?

Thanks for the partisan opinons about obama engaging in action only based on partisan opinions. LOL

If you weren't a partisan hack you would admit that the right has been trying to obstruct since day one of obama's presidency and as mitch mcconnell said his primary goal is to make obama a one term president and there are plenty of other republicans just like that. So how is he the most partisan when the right refuses to compromise on anything?

So because it's easy for the right to pass BS partisan bills in the house and claim that they would create jobs while throwing in items that you know will make them DOA, kind of like ryan's go nowhere budget plan that still would have required an increase in the debt ceiling if it were passed, that somehow proves that they "acting on jobs?"

Can I get a quote form the SOTU that verifies what you claim becuase I remember him talking about giffords, the payroll taxcut passed in dec and how the world of jobs has changed at the beginning of his speech but where did he mention iraq in the way you claim?

If they read your spin and blindly accept it without question then yes they are gullible enough to buy anything.

Oh wow! Another deflecting leftist propagandist denier. How quaint. Beam me up Scotty!

Uh have you paid attention at all to the republicans and how they flip flop as they say one thing and then do another? Both romney and newt are kings of that.

Proof?? Listing two bills is not proof that he has increased the overall number of regulations.

Thanks for the partisan opinons about obama engaging in action only based on partisan opinions. LOL

If you weren't a partisan hack you would admit that the right has been trying to obstruct since day one of obama's presidency and as mitch mcconnell said his primary goal is to make obama a one term president and there are plenty of other republicans just like that. So how is he the most partisan when the right refuses to compromise on anything?

So because it's easy for the right to pass BS partisan bills in the house and claim that they would create jobs while throwing in items that you know will make them DOA, kind of like ryan's go nowhere budget plan that still would have required an increase in the debt ceiling if it were passed, that somehow proves that they "acting on jobs?"

Can I get a quote form the SOTU that verifies what you claim becuase I remember him talking about giffords, the payroll taxcut passed in dec and how the world of jobs has changed at the beginning of his speech but where did he mention iraq in the way you claim?

If they read your spin and blindly accept it without question then yes they are gullible enough to buy anything.

Oh wow! Another deflecting leftist propagandist denier. How quaint. Beam me up Scotty!

Says the troll who has nothing valid to offer. He presented his opinions and made claims. I disagreed with his opinions, presented counter arguments when necessary and asked him for substance to support his claims.

If you have a problem with that then that is something you need to address on your own time.

Since his administration has fewer regulations than the Bush administration after three years, Bush must have had "seriously massive" amounts of regulations and not just "massive".

Come on guys. Don't just believe right wing talking points without checking them out. Makes you look like "sheeple".

dude you are a moron. Obamacare and the Financial Regulatory Bill. These things are massive new Regulations. I don't just "believe the right wing talking points" I do my own research, I actually work in an Industry Directed effected by his new Regulations. So perhaps you are the one just believing Talking points. Obama's.

your Hero Obama Just sat on National TV and spun a Bunch of pure Horse shit again. he sounded Great doing it, But it takes more than Reading a Teleprompter and Saying one thing while you do another, to actually lead.

Yea, right. Funny how many right wingers on this board claim to be "scientists and engineers" and believe science is a faith, evolution and lie and climate change a conspiracy.

If Obama has so many more regulations than Bush and you know all about them, should be easy for you to provide a link.

But I suspect that won't happen either. Right wingers become frustrated when asked to prove something. They believe their computer must be broken or something.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yONAlBpnn-Q]Crazy German kid destroys keyboard - Iphail.com - YouTube[/ame]

Says the troll who has nothing valid to offer. He presented his opinions and made claims. I disagreed with his opinions, presented counter arguments when necessary and asked him for substance to support his claims.

If you have a problem with that then that is something you need to address on your own time.

Basically, his game is to get off some "one-liners".

I liked your post by the way. I would argue that Obama has increased regulations. After we saw what happened on Wall Street, it was high time that regulations were increased.

The problem is that when you write regulations, you either have to be so nuanced that the regulations become toothless or so broad that they affect everybody. The monied interests on Wall Street have the money to adapt to get around the regs. Mom and Pop businesses on Main Street can't be so nimble. As always a few rotten apples spoil the whole barrel.

I would argue that the regulations are there but they are necessary since we've seen that the free market will take advantage of every loophole.

All I heard was a campaign speech.

His "pay their fair share" mantra.

He can't run on his sucky record. Note he only mentioned his signature "historic" HC bill in passing.

I much preferred Mitch Daniels rebutal speech. He actually talked about the problems and he did it in what, 6 minutes or so?

Got more out of his speech than the hour and a half of pure boredome that Barry spewed.

And yes. Some Americans ARE that gullible.

Basically, his game is to get off some "one-liners".

I liked your post by the way. I would argue that Obama has increased regulations. After we saw what happened on Wall Street, it was high time that regulations were increased.

The problem is that when you write regulations, you either have to be so nuanced that the regulations become toothless or so broad that they affect everybody. The monied interests on Wall Street have the money to adapt to get around the regs. Mom and Pop businesses on Main Street can't be so nimble. As always a few rotten apples spoil the whole barrel.

I would argue that the regulations are there but they are necessary since we've seen that the free market will take advantage of every loophole.

Now, Candy...you're ruining all the hard work by Deanie and the Doc! It's important when telling the "big lie" that everyone remain on message. Deanie and the Doc have stated that Obama has given us fewer regulations...because as we all know (eye roll) President Obama can do no wrong...so if you're going to be a lib on this board it's your duty to back them up even when what they're saying is so ridiculous that it would make an honest man blush.

dude you are a moron. Obamacare and the Financial Regulatory Bill. These things are massive new Regulations. I don't just "believe the right wing talking points" I do my own research, I actually work in an Industry Directed effected by his new Regulations. So perhaps you are the one just believing Talking points. Obama's.

your Hero Obama Just sat on National TV and spun a Bunch of pure Horse shit again. he sounded Great doing it, But it takes more than Reading a Teleprompter and Saying one thing while you do another, to actually lead.

There are not "massive new regulations"..they are common sense policy put into place to keep HMOs from booting people from insurance THEY PAID FOR and keep Wallstreet flimflam men from creating financial instruments that HAVE NO VALUE.

Gosh..it's like the whole financial collapse never happened for you guys.

He can't run on his sucky record. Note he only mentioned his signature "historic" HC bill in passing.

I much preferred Mitch Daniels rebutal speech. He actually talked about the problems and he did it in what, 6 minutes or so?

Got more out of his speech than the hour and a half of pure boredome that Barry spewed.

He can run on his record...because it doesn't suck. Private sector is creating a good number of jobs. Bin Laden is dead. HMOs can't kick you if you get sick.

Those things alone are great.

The right keeps disconnecting the word failure from it's true meaning.

9/11..failure.
Katrina..failure.
Financial collapse..failure.
TARP..response to failure.
Iraq..war crime.

Got it?

The left's problem is one of perception. They pay attention only to the last thing their leaders say. And they never pay attention to what their leaders do.

If what they say contradicts what they said yesterday, no problem. Reality is redefined. If tomorrow's speech contradicts today's, that will be the new reality.

Orwell really nailed them.

If Americans believed that was a State of the Union speech instead of a long campaign speech they are certainly gullible.

The left's problem is one of perception. They pay attention only to the last thing their leaders say. And they never pay attention to what their leaders do.

If what they say contradicts what they said yesterday, no problem. Reality is redefined. If tomorrow's speech contradicts today's, that will be the new reality.

The last thing obama said last night was good night. :lol: Which I will have to say that was the best part about his whole speech. The end.

He can run on his record...because it doesn't suck. Private sector is creating a good number of jobs. Bin Laden is dead. HMOs can't kick you if you get sick.

9/11..failure.
Katrina..failure.
Iraq..war crime.

Got it?

The private sector is creating a "good number" of jobs, Sallow? What's amusing is how Obama's jobs numbers have been so abysmal for so long that something mediocre can suddenly seem "good" to all of his followers. It's like little Johnnie bringing home F's on his report card year after year and then suddenly getting some D's and that's viewed as a "good" grade by his idiot parents.

9/11..failure.
Katrina..failure.
Iraq..war crime.

Got it?

Yeah I got that his record sucks.

I also got that the guy hasn't got a clue how to fix things and he's in way over his head.

He's probably a great community organizer but he sucks as POTUS>

The last thing obama said last night was good night. :lol: Which I will have to say that was the best part about his whole speech. The end.
"I like Obama's speeches. It feels so good when he stops!" :lol:

You know...I gotta say I really love this meme that President Obama, who has presided over 22 months of job gains is doing poorly (according to the RWers), but Walker, whose state lost 11,500 jobs in November, is doing a great job.

9/11..failure.
Katrina..failure.
Iraq..war crime.

Got it?

The private sector is creating a "good number" of jobs, Sallow? What's amusing is how Obama's jobs numbers have been so abysmal for so long that something mediocre can suddenly seem "good" to all of his followers. It's like little Johnnie bringing home F's on his report card year after year and then suddenly getting some D's and that's viewed as a "good" grade by his idiot parents.

It seems D 's was the best little Johnie could do, and this is the best obama can do. It's time for some remedial training for little barry.

You know...I gotta say I really love this meme that President Obama, who has presided over 22 months of job gains is doing poorly (according to the RWers), but Walker, whose state lost 11,500 jobs in November, is doing a great job.

Repeating wrong information no matter how many times it's repeated do not make it true.

A better question...

Does he have such little respect for the American People that he feels it is OK to play on their gullability?

Forum List

Back