Another Russian ship is on fire in the Black Sea

Maybe we can get Musk to come in and clean up all the paid trolls? Wait, he will be busy with Twitter, though.
Nah, both Finland and Sweden are joining NATO. just the tears of failure from Putin are more than enough.

Your spin doesn't change the numbers....
That 600 ship navy is a brown water navy. Small patrol craft, landing crafts, corvettes, and auxiliaries. All of the large surface combatants are hopelessly outdated or undergoing refit. Most of the corvettes are obsolete Soviet era hulls. Russia doesn't build anything larger than a frigate, and very few of those.

The 4000 aircraft includes all fixed wing. Combat aircraft is about 660 (minus at least 25 lost in Ukraine).

Submarines and missiles get the budget money in Russia.

That 600 ship navy is a brown water navy. Small patrol craft, landing crafts, corvettes, and auxiliaries. All of the large surface combatants are hopelessly outdated or undergoing refit. Most of the corvettes are obsolete Soviet era hulls. Russia doesn't build anything larger than a frigate, and very few of those.

The 4000 aircraft includes all fixed wing. Combat aircraft is about 660 (minus at least 25 lost in Ukraine).

Submarines and missiles get the budget money in Russia.
I just posted the numbers as I found them. Do you agree with the OP that Russia will only have old nukes in its arsenal in a few months? That’s the context of the discussion, not the quality of the forces.

Nah, both Finland and Sweden are joining NATO. just the tears of failure from Putin are more than enough.
Finland also builds some nice tractors.
I just posted the numbers as I found them. Do you agree with the OP that Russia will only have old nukes in its arsenal in a few months? That’s the context of the discussion, not the quality of the forces.
No, not all of Russia's nukes will be old in a few months time- if "old" means beyond the planned service.

A lot of them may be outdated enough to have reduced yield or complete failure. We spend $20 Bn a year to maintain the nuclear stockpile, that's 1/3 of Russia's total military spending. We have equivalent strategic stockpiles in numbers, Russia has a lot more tactical-size nukes than the US.

From a "cost to maintain" and numbers perspective, I don't think they've kept pace on the sustainment side.

In any case, talk of nuking Ukraine for not letting Russia win is just stupid. A nuclear weapons state cannot use a nuclear weapon against a non-nuclear state, especially one that it invaded out of aggression.

When the Azov hoards are burning down the Kremlin, maybe then we can talk...

WRT the OP, it seems the logistics ship was not hit- or if it was, it was not damaged.

Interesting tidbit, the latest pictures show it with a Pantsir S-1 mobile AD system on the stern deck. The Russians have experimented with using ground based ADA systems on ships before, so this seems like an attempt to give the ship some self-protection capability when operating in the Snake Island AO.

Forum List

Back