another hypocrite runs for senate

Well, just off the top of my head, what if a lesser Wall St. exec wants some re-regulation that he knows will impact Goldman and CitiCorp MUCH more than it will him?

Wall Street is many different companies with many different short-term goals. For example, a miniscule fee on all transactions will affect some companies more than others.

And I am sure that some of these donations are just the usual spreading of the wealth. Oil companies don't only donate to Republicans. Big companies hedge their bets.

Scott Brown will get the lion's share of Wall St. money.

So in the end it's the same thing, Wall Street companies trying to buy off a politician to get what they want.

I guess I'm crazy for wondering how this is great when dems do it, but bad when republicans do it.

I guess i'm on the fringe for it being wrong for both teams to be able to be bought off with bribes.

Don't talk like a wingnut.

It's not buying off a politician to get what they want. It's supporting a candidate whose views best reflect your interests. Elizabeth Warren advocates for more regulations. Liberals advocate for more regulations. Democrats, for the most part, advocate for more regulations. These are Left-leaning executives who advocate for more regulations, and back the candidate who is closer to their position.

Like all politics.

Talk like a wingnut? Democrats don't complain about who bribes republicans?

No it's other way around. Politicians get bought off, do what their masters tell them to do so that they can continue receiving said bribes.

That's why Ron Paul pretty much doesn't get corporate bribes, they've given up on trying to buy him off. Your hero democrats, and republicans alike, have been bought off LOOOOOOONG ago.

Forum List

Back