another hypocrite runs for senate

If the Talking Point that wall street is greedy out of control scumbags, which warren uses, is true then yes its pretty inconceivable that they would put money against their own best interests.

Unless of corse they think that Warren will be better for them than Scott Brown.

Sorry, that's right wing hyperbole attributed to what people and Elizabeth Warren are talking about regarding income inequality, rampant and unrestrained WS speculation and no consumer protections.

Obviously there are folks working on Wall Street that see those things as bad for our economy and our country.

I think we'll get to see if she's better. :D

1) Its not right or left wing anything, its true. She rallies against wall street saying it is corrupt yet wall street is giving her money to try and beat Scott Brown. It has nothing to do with party politics as its just a fact

2) The fact that wall-street is donating money to her means that the wall-streeters who are donating to her think her decisions, as a senator, will be better for their income level than re-electing Scott Brown would be. Again this is not politics, its human nature this time.
Just because some on Wall Street are donating to her does not obscure the fact that they are donating HUGE amounts to Scott Brown.

Let's use a little common sense, Ok?

Exactly Del, Exactly the point of the thread and the issue with her hypocritical (in light of her positions) acceptance of their money.

And that's bull.

There are plenty of people who work in the industry who agree with her that reform is needed.

1) Its not right or left wing anything, its true. She rallies against wall street saying it is corrupt yet wall street is giving her money to try and beat Scott Brown. It has nothing to do with party politics as its just a fact

2) The fact that wall-street is donating money to her means that the wall-streeters who are donating to her think her decisions, as a senator, will be better for their income level than re-electing Scott Brown would be. Again this is not politics, its human nature this time.

So you really think that it is inconceivable that there are people on Wall Street that believe Wall Street is corrupt? I don't. I'm sure there are plenty of people working on Wall Street that don't see their practices as good for the economy or good for our country. Those are the kind of people that will donate to Elizabeth Warren.

I have to hand it to you guys you have that talking point down solid ;)

I'll be back with the link later article, gotta go make some money.

Talking points are easily refuted. Go for it.

:lmao:

Nice link....thank you for emphasizing who Wall Street is really backing.

Yeah, both of them.

Kinda hypocritical to damn Brown when Warren is taking Wall Street money right along side him.

"Right along side him."

:rofl:

Warren's top donor from the finance industry (that sell out Warren Buffet's company, you know him ... the guy calling for reform too) wouldn't even crack Brown's top 20.

But you keep on fuckin' that chicken :thup:

It's amazing that I'm actually reading multiple people who think there are some Wall Street execs who want more regulations.

What's the next argument, there are farmers who want an outbreak of mad cow disease?

Seems she is accepting money from people on wall street who are strangely eager to donate to her.
Think about your own comment. Why would some on Wall Street donate to her campaign?

Cuz money gets ppl elected, and they want her elected to hold the status quo that allows them to make such big profits.

Pretty much common sense.
Then they would be voting for the incumbent Senator, who has already personally let Wall St. keep $20 billion.

That's the status quo.

Wanna try again, or are you not embarrassed yet by your weak arguments?

Think about your own comment. Why would some on Wall Street donate to her campaign?

Cuz money gets ppl elected, and they want her elected to hold the status quo that allows them to make such big profits.

Then they would be voting for the incumbent Senator, who has already personally let Wall St. keep $20 billion.

That's the status quo.

Lol adorable.

They give money to both, because they know their investments provide a return.

Unless you think these companies making billions in profit are being run by idiots and they're donating money against their best interests.

Being the hyper-partisan that you are, sadly I'm seeing you actually do think that.

It's amazing that I'm actually reading multiple people who think there are some Wall Street execs who want more regulations.

What's the next argument, there are farmers who want an outbreak of mad cow disease?

Of course there are! Not everyone is Goldman Sachs, and not everyone benefits from all the conditions which allow GS to have gained so much control.

A better analogy would be the farmer who wants regulations on the Archer-Daniels Midland industrial farm next door whose herbicide over-spraying is affecting his crops.

That's the status quo.

Lol adorable.

Unless you think these companies making billions in profit are being run by idiots and they're donating money against their best interests.

Being the hyper-partisan that you are, sadly I'm seeing you actually do think that.
Low information posters are low information. :lol:

That's the status quo.

Lol adorable.

Low information posters are low information. :lol:

Alright, the floor is yours.

Why would Wall Street execs give ANY money to someone if it means their profits will decrease?

Just because some on Wall Street are donating to her does not obscure the fact that they are donating HUGE amounts to Scott Brown.

They're donating huge amounts to both of them, as they always do.

The only thing remarkable here is the depth of hypocrisy shown by Warren and the party. You I don't blame, you're not really sentient.

What you are reading is hyperpartisans who will say or post anything to promote their party.

They don't actually believe what they post.

They're donating huge amounts to both of them, as they always do.

The only thing remarkable here is the depth of hypocrisy shown by Warren and the party. You I don't blame, you're not really sentient.

You're own open secrets link proves this post to be a total lie but that's never stopped you before.

http://bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view/20220112warren_out-raises_brown_defends_

Elizabeth Warren — who hauled in an eye-popping $5.7 million the last three months of 2011 — refused to swear off Wall Street money yesterday, instead claiming that any money she gets from deep-pocketed financiers is coming from those who “want reform.”

“There are people on Wall Street who actually believe we need better rules, fairer rules,” Warren said last night as she toured small businesses in Davis Square in Somerville.

I thought Elizabeth Warren was all about transparency. We are all still waiting for her to file the required financial disclosure form.

The Oklahoma Professor has been criticizing Scott Brown for being “Wall Street’s favorite Senator.” She has also denounced “Wall Street cash in politics.”

But it turns out she may be indirectly accepting Wall Street money. The Democrat Senatorial Campaign Committee, which is helping the Harvard Professor, has taken over $40 million from Wall Street during the last 7 years according to records from OpenSecrets.org. In fact, Wall Street is the biggest contributors to them. They beat lawyers and labor union. Just during this election season the DSCC has already received $1.5 million from Wall Street.

And I just enjoyed this little piece of information.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...aying_up_bipartisan_credentials_112624-2.html
"I voted for the financial regulation bill that she (Warren) was on the White House lawn saying was the best piece of legislation in three generations when it comes to financial regulations," Brown said. "To somehow say I’m in bed with Wall Street when I voted for a bill that they hated..."

But keep acting like blind partisans everyone ;)

Last edited:

What you are reading is hyperpartisans who will say or post anything to promote their party.

They don't actually believe what they post.

I work at a big bank corporate office and obviously a big part of our business is investments. Not saying that in a bragging way I'm just a lowly credit guy.

But i can assure you, the only thing i hear from the big suits upstairs when it comes to regulation is 180 degrees the exact opposite of what these Obama lovers are saying.

And it's consistent from every one of the execs, none have ever said anything remotely close to the ballpark of "we want gov't around us more and to enforce more regulations."

Last edited:
Elizabeth Warren out-raises Scott Brown, defends $$ - BostonHerald.com

Elizabeth Warren — who hauled in an eye-popping $5.7 million the last three months of 2011 — refused to swear off Wall Street money yesterday, instead claiming that any money she gets from deep-pocketed financiers is coming from those who “want reform.”

“There are people on Wall Street who actually believe we need better rules, fairer rules,” Warren said last night as she toured small businesses in Davis Square in Somerville.

I thought Elizabeth Warren was all about transparency. We are all still waiting for her to file the required financial disclosure form.

The Oklahoma Professor has been criticizing Scott Brown for being “Wall Street’s favorite Senator.” She has also denounced “Wall Street cash in politics.”

But it turns out she may be indirectly accepting Wall Street money. The Democrat Senatorial Campaign Committee, which is helping the Harvard Professor, has taken over $40 million from Wall Street during the last 7 years according to records from OpenSecrets.org. In fact, Wall Street is the biggest contributors to them. They beat lawyers and labor union. Just during this election season the DSCC has already received $1.5 million from Wall Street.

And I just enjoyed this little piece of information.

RealClearPolitics - Scott Brown Playing Up Bipartisan Credentials
"I voted for the financial regulation bill that she (Warren) was on the White House lawn saying was the best piece of legislation in three generations when it comes to financial regulations," Brown said. "To somehow say I’m in bed with Wall Street when I voted for a bill that they hated..."

But keep acting like blind partisans everyone ;)

Was Brown's vote the deciding vote? No. Did he break a filibuster? No.

It's typical Brown....when he's not the deciding vote and can safely vote for something to earn bipartisan cred he's in but when it comes down to it, he's just another McConnell "no" man.

Oh, and to the "indirect" money:

And please don't try to sluff of DSCC money as "Wall Street" money.

It's laughable.

Article15 said:
And please don't try to sluff of DSCC money as "Wall Street" money.
It might be laugable but its good enough to make links when people on the liberal side of the aisle want to complain about conservatives or teapartiers.

I'm just going by the standard.

Last edited:
You got to get in the system to fight the system. (quoted myself :cool: ) The current system (thanks in no small part to the Robert$ Court) requires you to have a sizable amt. of $. Once you're in, then you can work from within to change it.

Forum List

Back