another hypocrite runs for senate

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
Elizabeth Warren — who hauled in an eye-popping $5.7 million the last three months of 2011 — refused to swear off Wall Street money yesterday, instead claiming that any money she gets from deep-pocketed financiers is coming from those who “want reform.”

“There are people on Wall Street who actually believe we need better rules, fairer rules,” Warren said last night as she toured small businesses in Davis Square in Somerville

did she say that with a straight face? :lol:

Elizabeth Warren out-raises Scott Brown, defends $$ - BostonHerald.com

Would be a lot of fun to see all the money people who complain about Wall Street, make off of Wall Street.

A chart that has a person's name, quotes of them whining, then dollar figure in profits next to it.

I work for a very connected investment firm and have sent Warren a few bucks.

:eusa_shhh:

Last edited:
I'm of the school that can see how one could rail against some of the practices of Wallstreet while simultaneously supporting some of Wallstreet so......*shrug*

I'm of the school that can see how one could rail against some of the practices of Wallstreet while simultaneously supporting some of Wallstreet so......*shrug*

Interesting strategy to bring down Wall Street or force them to change, give them more money and increase their profits.

Last edited:

Interesting strategy to brnig down Wall Street or force them to change, give them more money and increase their profits.

Except the "bring down Wallstreet" thing is something you disengenuously applied to her, it's doubtfully something she's actually said.

Like I said - you can rail against corruption in any sector and still support said sector - it's not really hypocritical if you're not broad brushing.

“There are people on Wall Street who actually believe we need better rules, fairer rules,” Warren said last night as she toured small businesses in Davis Square in Somerville.

“That’s what I stand for."

Interesting strategy to brnig down Wall Street or force them to change, give them more money and increase their profits.

Except the "bring down Wallstreet" thing is something you disengenuously applied to her, it's doubtfully something she's actually said.

Like I said - you can rail against corruption in any sector and still support said sector - it's not really hypocritical if you're not broad brushing.

Well personally i can't really do that. If i were against banks or wall street I wouldn't give them my money.

Good thing I'm not.

To me it sounds like she's using propaganda to get votes, it'll also be neat to see what kind of "donations" she gets and doesn't reject from Wall Street.

Well personally i can't really do that. If i were against banks or wall street I wouldn't give them my money.

Good thing I'm not.

To me it sounds like she's using propaganda to get votes, it'll also be neat to see what kind of "donations" she gets and doesn't reject from Wall Street.

^ you just did it again.

You ascribed to her that she's "against banks or wallstreet."

And I'm telling you, being against bad practices isn't being against THE practice as a whole. But that's what you're trying to make it seem - which is disengenuous.

Good thing I'm not.

^ you just did it again.

And I'm telling you, being against bad practices isn't being against THE practice as a whole. But that's what you're trying to make it seem - which is disengenuous.

Wanting to reform Wall Street and lending practices =/= being against banks and Wall Street

Good thing I'm not.

^ you just did it again.

Wanting to reform Wall Street and lending practices =/= being against banks and Wall Street

Exactly, and saying so is just hyperbolic rhetoric meant to smear someone as opposed to listening to and considering what they're actually saying. It's not honest.

^ you just did it again.

Exactly, and saying so is just hyperbolic rhetoric meant to smear someone as opposed to listening to and considering what they're actually saying. It's not honest.

It's like saying someone who wants campaign finance reform is against having elections.

It's like saying someone who wants campaign finance reform is against having elections.

not exactly

if she's serious about reforming wall st, she shouldn't take their money, imo.

the only people on wall st who might want reform are selling newspapers and hot dogs.

not exactly

the only people on wall st who might want reform are selling newspapers and hot dogs.

Granted, I'm not some big wig in the industry but I'm definitely not selling hot dogs either.

I'd be pretty insulted if she rejected my money because of who my employer is.

not exactly

That sounds quite rational to me. But I am quite a rational person.

I'm wondering how many on the left would be ranting about it if there was a R after her name.

Forum List

Back