Angry Conservative

Raised Pentecostal, ok, that gives me some insight on your perspective. I have to admit that Teds manner and tone remind me of a religious jubilee taking place inside a tent next to a cornfield. But that is just tv for me. I Wasn't raised with it and I don't find it comforting. I don't want the federal government to ban abortion. Scalia knew it wasn't an issue for the federal government. I respect everybody's chosen faith, but to me it is a slippery slope in politics and government. I'd prefer to listen to a debate of the issues without any canidate invoking God. Still, I'd taking him any day over Hillary.

See, I don't have a problem with the way Ted talks, which seems more like a trial lawyer than a preacher to me. I am not one who looks for a candidate I "like" or "would want to have a beer with". I'm never going to meet the guy in person, so it's irrelevant to me whether I would want to be friends with him or not. I LIKE the idea of a President who sounds smarter, better educated, and more informed than I am. That's VERY comforting, because I'm asking him to do a job I could never do myself.

I don't think Ted Cruz would be pushing for the federal government to ban abortion. That's not Constitutional, and he's a Constitutionalist, who believes that the powers not enumerated therein belong to the states. I believe he would push to return that power to the states, to let them and their people decide what THEY want. And we can't ask any more than that.

Raised Pentecostal, ok, that gives me some insight on your perspective. I have to admit that Teds manner and tone remind me of a religious jubilee taking place inside a tent next to a cornfield. But that is just tv for me. I Wasn't raised with it and I don't find it comforting. I don't want the federal government to ban abortion. Scalia knew it wasn't an issue for the federal government. I respect everybody's chosen faith, but to me it is a slippery slope in politics and government. I'd prefer to listen to a debate of the issues without any canidate invoking God. Still, I'd taking him any day over Hillary.

See, I don't have a problem with the way Ted talks, which seems more like a trial lawyer than a preacher to me. I am not one who looks for a candidate I "like" or "would want to have a beer with". I'm never going to meet the guy in person, so it's irrelevant to me whether I would want to be friends with him or not. I LIKE the idea of a President who sounds smarter, better educated, and more informed than I am. That's VERY comforting, because I'm asking him to do a job I could never do myself.

I don't think Ted Cruz would be pushing for the federal government to ban abortion. That's not Constitutional, and he's a Constitutionalist, who believes that the powers not enumerated therein belong to the states. I believe he would push to return that power to the states, to let them and their people decide what THEY want. And we can't ask any more than that.

Yep, the way a canidate speaks has a huge effect on how they are perceived. My son actually likes to listen to old Ronald Reagan speeches (yes, I am beaming), I have never heard anyone better.

I am not so concerned with Ted, or any canidates for that matter, going hell bent after legal abortions. I mentioned it only to reveal a point of contention I have with the GOP platform. Full disclosure- I dropped my party affiliation about ten years ago, but I still vote right. I just no longer want to be associated with the party.

I like to think of myself as a constitutionalist, and I believe the biggest reason the Feds have absconded with the powers that should be with the states is the 17th Amendment.

"I am an angry conservative..."

You’re a ridiculous conservative – which is likely redundant.
shut the fuck up jones....your a pussy who has never replied to anyone.....that makes you a scared left winger....

Very unlike you Harry. Why the animus?
have you ever noticed that jones comes into a thread and will say something but...NEVER and i mean never will answer questions about what he posts like everyone else does here?....when he first showed up in the other format,me and quite a few others would ask the guy to either explain what he means,back up what you say,but the jerk never answers....and when he comments on what you say it matters especially when he calls the poster a name,like he did here....if he cant partake in the conversation here like EVERYONE else does....why is he here?.... it cant be to debate or argue or whatever you want to call what happens here....the guy is a pussy...and thats the reason Wry....

shut the fuck up jones....your a pussy who has never replied to anyone.....that makes you a scared left winger....

have you ever noticed that jones comes into a thread and will say something but...NEVER and i mean never will answer questions about what he posts like everyone else does here?....when he first showed up in the other format,me and quite a few others would ask the guy to either explain what he means,back up what you say,but the jerk never answers....and when he comments on what you say it matters especially when he calls the poster a name,like he did here....if he cant partake in the conversation here like EVERYONE else does....why is he here?.... it cant be to debate or argue or whatever you want to call what happens here....the guy is a pussy...and thats the reason Wry....
I tend to ignore post which are more about personal attacks and less about intelligent debate and ideas.

I tend to ignore post which are more about personal attacks and less about intelligent debate and ideas.
not all of jones posts are personal attacks.....most of them are criticisms of what is posted..... criticisms that he is to much of a pussy to defend when called on it....

not all of jones posts are personal attacks.....most of them are criticisms of what is posted..... criticisms that he is to much of a pussy to defend when called on it....

Rabbi(t) who got the 't' added 'cause he runs each time (often) that he lies, makes up stuff and edits the posts of others to build a straw man. Thus I understand you frustration, my comment was based on my experience with you. Mea culpa.

Welcome to the board. Politics can be discussed in sections below this one. You can type and form opinions, pretty much the benchmark around here.

Rabbi(t) who got the 't' added 'cause he runs each time (often) that he lies, makes up stuff and edits the posts of others to build a straw man. Thus I understand you frustration, my comment was based on my experience with you. Mea culpa.
but at least rabbi will respond to posts...jones has never responded.....jones is like the guy who waits for someone else to knock someone down and then runs up to the guy and gets a kick in and calls the guy an asshole and of course then runs away....

Hmm, I guess I confused this board with one that has intelligent comments and debates instead of thoughtless name calling.

We get that a lot.

Interesting, on another thread I was recently accused of being a &@$!? Democrat. Lesser folks might develop an identity crisis.

There are many online quizzes you can take to confirm your affiliation. Just in case a crisis actually develops. :)

I am an angry conservative, and I can see there is a similar outrage being manifested on the other side as well. Voters of both political ilk are showing real disdain for their respective establishment leaders.
Actually, you have listed a fantasy world reality. Voters in the Democratic primaries have overwhelmingly voted for Hillary Clinton. Voters in the Republican primaries have given Donald Trump an average of around 34/35% of the vote. Check out the actual numbers, and then compare them to your fantasy world reality

I am an angry conservative, and I can see there is a similar outrage being manifested on the other side as well. Voters of both political ilk are showing real disdain for their respective establishment leaders.
Actually, you have listed a fantasy world reality. Voters in the Democratic primaries have overwhelmingly voted for Hillary Clinton. Voters in the Republican primaries have given Donald Trump an average of around 34/35% of the vote. Check out the actual numbers, and then compare them to your fantasy world reality

Sorry, I am not sure if I follow you. Are you saying Hillary slapping around Bernie Sanders is more significant than Trump dominating every other republican canidate ( at least nine)? If that is your point- using your own numbers, I think winning 35 % in a loaded field is at least as impressive as winning a majority in a 2 horse race. With 4 or 5 canidates in the field, what percentage would impress you?

Sorry, I am not sure if I follow you. Are you saying Hillary slapping around Bernie Sanders is more significant than Trump dominating every other republican canidate ( at least nine)? If that is your point- using your own numbers, I think winning 35 % in a loaded field is at least as impressive as winning a majority in a 2 horse race. With 4 or 5 canidates in the field, what percentage would impress you?
Fact: Trump did not pick up anything substantial after each candidate dropped out. So, he has a rock solid based. He has not improved (more than a few points) on that base over time. This after 9+ candidates drop out. Being stuck at around 35% is not a winning formula.

Hillary Clinton is popular with around 80% of Democratic voters.

Fact: Trump did not pick up anything substantial after each candidate dropped out. So, he has a rock solid based. He has not improved (more than a few points) on that base over time. This after 9+ candidates drop out. Being stuck at around 35% is not a winning formula.

Hillary Clinton is popular with around 80% of Democratic voters.
Ah, no that is a lie.

• Unfavorable55.2%
    • Favorable40.4%
    • Undecided
Hillary Clinton Favorable Rating - Polls - HuffPost Pollster

A collection of over 300 polls one day old.

Hmm, I guess I confused this board with one that has intelligent comments and debates instead of thoughtless name calling.

We get that a lot.

Interesting, on another thread I was recently accused of being a &@$!? Democrat. Lesser folks might develop an identity crisis.

Don't let it get to you. I've been one of the five more hardline conservatives on this board for 8 years or so, and some of these driveling chuckleheads have decided I'M a liberal Democrat. I keep saying, Trump Koolaid is clearly not only toxic, but hallucinogenic.

66704297.jpg

This is an intro thread............Welcome Aboard and glad to have you here.............Suggest opening a post in politics or MORE FUN........the Flame Zone for the current discussion.......

welcome-aboard.jpg

I think you were going to fast when you introduced yourself......LOL

Forum List

Back