Angry Conservative

I am an angry conservative, and I can see there is a similar outrage being manifested on the other side as well. Voters of both political ilk are showing real disdain for their respective establishment leaders.
Actually, you have listed a fantasy world reality. Voters in the Democratic primaries have overwhelmingly voted for Hillary Clinton. Voters in the Republican primaries have given Donald Trump an average of around 34/35% of the vote. Check out the actual numbers, and then compare them to your fantasy world reality

Sorry, I am not sure if I follow you. Are you saying Hillary slapping around Bernie Sanders is more significant than Trump dominating every other republican canidate ( at least nine)? If that is your point- using your own numbers, I think winning 35 % in a loaded field is at least as impressive as winning a majority in a 2 horse race. With 4 or 5 canidates in the field, what percentage would impress you?
Fact: Trump did not pick up anything substantial after each candidate dropped out. So, he has a rock solid based. He has not improved (more than a few points) on that base over time. This after 9+ candidates drop out. Being stuck at around 35% is not a winning formula.

Hillary Clinton is popular with around 80% of Democratic voters.
So popular that she is losing states...........the Super Delegates have already ensured her nomination.........Liberals in charge of the DOJ ensure that she doesn't get indicted...................

but the Dems do flock together come the General..........It will be down to turn out that decides it....unless the GOP goes postal against the 2 front runners in convention......then Hillary will walk right in.............................

She shouldn't be running for the leader of a girl scout troop, let alone the President.............

Ensure.........LOL.........seems a lot of old people are running this election......

I am an angry conservative, and I can see there is a similar outrage being manifested on the other side as well. Voters of both political ilk are showing real disdain for their respective establishment leaders.
Actually, you have listed a fantasy world reality. Voters in the Democratic primaries have overwhelmingly voted for Hillary Clinton. Voters in the Republican primaries have given Donald Trump an average of around 34/35% of the vote. Check out the actual numbers, and then compare them to your fantasy world reality

Sorry, I am not sure if I follow you. Are you saying Hillary slapping around Bernie Sanders is more significant than Trump dominating every other republican canidate ( at least nine)? If that is your point- using your own numbers, I think winning 35 % in a loaded field is at least as impressive as winning a majority in a 2 horse race. With 4 or 5 canidates in the field, what percentage would impress you?
Fact: Trump did not pick up anything substantial after each candidate dropped out. So, he has a rock solid based. He has not improved (more than a few points) on that base over time. This after 9+ candidates drop out. Being stuck at around 35% is not a winning formula.

Ah, no that is a lie.

• Unfavorable55.2%
    • Favorable40.4%
    • Undecided
Hillary Clinton Favorable Rating - Polls - HuffPost Pollster

A collection of over 300 polls one day old.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

you don't know how to read the polls?

"Hillary Clinton is beloved by voters in her party. In national polls, her favorability ratings among Democrats usually exceed 80 percent." - still true today

The Bernie Sanders Surge Is About Bernie, Not Hillary

Last edited:

So popular that she is losing states...........the Super Delegates have already ensured her nomination.........Liberals in charge of the DOJ ensure that she doesn't get indicted...................

but the Dems do flock together come the General..........It will be down to turn out that decides it....unless the GOP goes postal against the 2 front runners in convention......then Hillary will walk right in.............................

She shouldn't be running for the leader of a girl scout troop, let alone the President.............

Ensure.........LOL.........seems a lot of old people are running this election......

Popular candidates lose states.

Never saw that poll, but then again I don't pay much attention to any polls.

I am an angry conservative, and I can see there is a similar outrage being manifested on the other side as well. Voters of both political ilk are showing real disdain for their respective establishment leaders. Frankly, I will not vote for any candidate, but rather most certainly against either Clinton or Cruz...NO C's for me. And there just might be a way to keep both the awful C's out.

If the republicans disregard the clear choice candidate per the primaries they will definitely lose in November. Voters like me, and especially those who actually ballyhoo Trump for president wIll refuse to vote for anybody but Trump. We will either not vote, perhaps childishly cut off our nose and vote for the Dem, or (this is my preference) support a Third party run by the Trumpster. Remember, I am no Trumpite, but I am sick of the worn out joke of a party, the Gop. As a note- I would discourage anyone from being loyal to any party in lieu of being true to your own dogma.

So the conventional wisdom is that no 3rd party candidate can win, but we are already sailing a political ark in a sea like no other. Trump is 50% ahead of Cruz, his mouth is a boiling cauldron of vile, putrid muck, and the steamy ejects always land and sear his opponents. The closer the opponent is to the Republican establishment the more he is seared. Jeb-gone! Rubio tripped on his own tongue trying to avoid the scalding ejections. He's out! The armored suit Cruz built by calling Mitch "the ditch" McConnell a liar on the senate floor protects him, but does not allow him to advance. And John Kasich is a little gnat that merely survives by being to small to hit.

But Trump can't win with Only the support of disgruntled conservatives, so look around the corner and down the street. There you will find another group who has had it with what their party is shoving down their throats. The Bernie folks hate Clinton the way Trumpsters hate the Republicans. Short of an indictment, these guys will have to vote for Clinton, not vote, or ( my preference) support a third party canidate.

If Trump would wage a third party candidacy and ask Bernie to VP the ticket they could win, and in the process redraw the political lines. They can manufacture a platform to draw all people who hate the establishment.

Will somebody get these two guys in a room?

Thank God for you BuckToothMoron
Now I know I'm not the only one saying Trump-Sanders could rebuild the economy and reform govt if you put their ideas/bases and resources together.
YES!

Do you want to start selling bumper stickers that say TRUMP SANDERS 2016

All my friends are SANDERS supporters, but most of them don't get these ideas need to be funded and run through the private sector
or they will lose the conservatives who believe in limited govt at the top, and shifting control to states/local at the grassroots level.

In Houston the third party Libertarians/Indie Conservatives were hosting meetings with the independent Progressives/Peace and Justice Left
who are fed up with the politicized liberals buying out and hijacking the party.

Where are you? Who are your Reps or Senators, which precincts or independent civic organizations are you with?
Can we connect your resources/contacts with mine and get a partnership coalition movement going to unite the forces on left and right?

Thanks and keep on keeping on,
this joint approach is going to win in the longrun
it's the only way to set up something sustainable
so it is going to weed out all the divisive nonsense in the way.

I like all the other candidates if you create a job for them doing something that everyone wants
and keep them out of areas that create objection and division. We need all hands on board, all candidates to work full time
on an agreed part of the plan, and we can turn this around.

Don't give up,but channel that anger as "compassion" and mobilize the troops
around reform ideas we actually AGREE on. Like Carson and Obama both
agreeing on using MICROLENDING to replace welfare, and both bringing up criminal justice issues
(where reform could save billions of dollars per state to pay for health care instead of taxing citizens for crimes, abuses, waste, and problems we didn't create)

Where do you want to start?
I'm a Constitutionalist with the Democratic Party
so I am happy to partner with you if you are the same on the Conservative side.

What issues do you want to campaign for,
Border Reform and global trafficking:
Earned Amnesty
music video for Sustainable Campus converting sweatshop labor to workstudy jobs
What do you think will rally the Sanders and Trump supporters to unite around business
plans and rebuild instead of destroy?

I am an angry conservative, and I can see there is a similar outrage being manifested on the other side as well. Voters of both political ilk are showing real disdain for their respective establishment leaders. Frankly, I will not vote for any candidate, but rather most certainly against either Clinton or Cruz...NO C's for me. And there just might be a way to keep both the awful C's out.

If the republicans disregard the clear choice candidate per the primaries they will definitely lose in November. Voters like me, and especially those who actually ballyhoo Trump for president wIll refuse to vote for anybody but Trump. We will either not vote, perhaps childishly cut off our nose and vote for the Dem, or (this is my preference) support a Third party run by the Trumpster. Remember, I am no Trumpite, but I am sick of the worn out joke of a party, the Gop. As a note- I would discourage anyone from being loyal to any party in lieu of being true to your own dogma.

So the conventional wisdom is that no 3rd party candidate can win, but we are already sailing a political ark in a sea like no other. Trump is 50% ahead of Cruz, his mouth is a boiling cauldron of vile, putrid muck, and the steamy ejects always land and sear his opponents. The closer the opponent is to the Republican establishment the more he is seared. Jeb-gone! Rubio tripped on his own tongue trying to avoid the scalding ejections. He's out! The armored suit Cruz built by calling Mitch "the ditch" McConnell a liar on the senate floor protects him, but does not allow him to advance. And John Kasich is a little gnat that merely survives by being to small to hit.

But Trump can't win with Only the support of disgruntled conservatives, so look around the corner and down the street. There you will find another group who has had it with what their party is shoving down their throats. The Bernie folks hate Clinton the way Trumpsters hate the Republicans. Short of an indictment, these guys will have to vote for Clinton, not vote, or ( my preference) support a third party canidate.

If Trump would wage a third party candidacy and ask Bernie to VP the ticket they could win, and in the process redraw the political lines. They can manufacture a platform to draw all people who hate the establishment.

Thank God for you BuckToothMoron
Now I know I'm not the only one saying Trump-Sanders could rebuild the economy and reform govt if you put their ideas/bases and resources together.
YES!

Do you want to start selling bumper stickers that say TRUMP SANDERS 2016

All my friends are SANDERS supporters, but most of them don't get these ideas need to be funded and run through the private sector
or they will lose the conservatives who believe in limited govt at the top, and shifting control to states/local at the grassroots level.

In Houston the third party Libertarians/Indie Conservatives were hosting meetings with the independent Progressives/Peace and Justice Left
who are fed up with the politicized liberals buying out and hijacking the party.

Where are you? Who are your Reps or Senators, which precincts or independent civic organizations are you with?
Can we connect your resources/contacts with mine and get a partnership coalition movement going to unite the forces on left and right?

Thanks and keep on keeping on,
this joint approach is going to win in the longrun
it's the only way to set up something sustainable
so it is going to weed out all the divisive nonsense in the way.

I like all the other candidates if you create a job for them doing something that everyone wants
and keep them out of areas that create objection and division. We need all hands on board, all candidates to work full time
on an agreed part of the plan, and we can turn this around.

Don't give up,but channel that anger as "compassion" and mobilize the troops
around reform ideas we actually AGREE on. Like Carson and Obama both
agreeing on using MICROLENDING to replace welfare, and both bringing up criminal justice issues
(where reform could save billions of dollars per state to pay for health care instead of taxing citizens for crimes, abuses, waste, and problems we didn't create)

Where do you want to start?
I'm a Constitutionalist with the Democratic Party
so I am happy to partner with you if you are the same on the Conservative side.

What issues do you want to campaign for,
Border Reform and global trafficking:
Earned Amnesty
music video for Sustainable Campus converting sweatshop labor to workstudy jobs
What do you think will rally the Sanders and Trump supporters to unite around business
plans and rebuild instead of destroy?

Ooh Emily, I think you misinterpreted by intention of a Trump/ Sanders ticket. I think they are both idiots, and most of their ideas are stupid. I don't want them to try to rebuild the economy anymore than I want a blind surgeon operating on me.

I want to minimize the voice and influence of the established political leaders. These two guys are the stooges in my plan.

Never saw that poll, but then again I don't pay much attention to any polls.[/QUOTE]

Willful ignorance is one thing. Being proud of it is another. The use of polling can be terrible, but much polling is pretty darn good. Far better to go with polling than with the ignorance of emotions and intuition.

Never saw that poll, but then again I don't pay much attention to any polls.

Willful ignorance is one thing. Being proud of it is another. The use of polling can be terrible, but much polling is pretty darn good. Far better to go with polling than with the ignorance of emotions and intuition.[/QUOTE]

Sure, or perhaps we could consider actual voting results. How do you know a good poll from a bad one, if it supports your position? Were there any polls that showed most people thought Trump would be out of the race by December? I am not inclined to read poll results, read the poll questions, research the demographic of those who were polled, dissect the bias of the pollster and then say viola....I now can predict everything. But it seems to work for you.

Sure, or perhaps we could consider actual voting results. How do you know a good poll from a bad one, if it supports your position? Were there any polls that showed most people thought Trump would be out of the race by December? I am not inclined to read poll results, read the poll questions, research the demographic of those who were polled, dissect the bias of the pollster and then say viola....I now can predict everything. But it seems to work for you.
There you go again. You assume others look at polls in the way you (and many people) do.

There are people who analyze polls. These people do not do polls, but they do have track records of analyzing polls. Following them might give more people insight as to what exactly is being polled and how to look at the use of polling. You appear to be hostile to anything that challenges your world view. Good luck with that

There you go again. You assume others look at polls in the way you (and many people) do.

There are people who analyze polls. These people do not do polls, but they do have track records of analyzing polls. Following them might give more people insight as to what exactly is being polled and how to look at the use of polling. You appear to be hostile to anything that challenges your world view. Good luck with that
Not sure where this is going...it all started when I referenced Your "80% of democrats support Hillary" and I commented that I never saw that poll. Now you feel compelled to tell me people make a living analyzing polls, thanks for that btw, I had no idea, and that has made me hostile to ......wait, who am I hostile toward again?

There are people who analyze polls. These people do not do polls, but they do have track records of analyzing polls. Following them might give more people insight as to what exactly is being polled and how to look at the use of polling. You appear to be hostile to anything that challenges your world view. Good luck with that[/QUOT

BuckToothMoron, Hillary Clinton's popularity/favorability ratings with Democrats has been polled over and over again. I am aware that certain news outlets give those stories short shrift, and that most partisan blogs and web sites give it little, or severely negative attention.

BuckToothMoron, Hillary Clinton's popularity/favorability ratings with Democrats has been polled over and over again. I am aware that certain news outlets give those stories short shrift, and that most partisan blogs and web sites give it little, or severely negative attention.

Favorability Ratings Show Hillary Clinton Is Unelectable and Bernie Sanders Wins a General Election

Look, my point is that there are so many polls taken, and I am not inclined to spend a bunch of time parsing through them to determine their validity. Therefore when somebody uses a poll to make a prediction, defend a position or whatever, I tend to be less impressed. That's all, no wrong or right, just not the type of information I consider good for drawing conclusions. Let's let it go. We are on the same side here.

Favorability Ratings Show Hillary Clinton Is Unelectable and Bernie Sanders Wins a General Election

Look, my point is that there are so many polls taken, and I am not inclined to spend a bunch of time parsing through them to determine their validity. Therefore when somebody uses a poll to make a prediction, defend a position or whatever, I tend to be less impressed. That's all, no wrong or right, just not the type of information I consider good for drawing conclusions. Let's let it go. We are on the same side here.
Okay, I see. I get interested when I see opinion pieces that use polling data to back up a partisan attack, used as objective analysis of polling data.

I do not "spend a bunch of time parsing through them to determine their validity." What I do is go to people and web sites that have a great track record of doing that for the rest of us. I especially like Nate Silver and 538 if only because they explain their methods of analysis. They do this with sports as well as with politics. I use Gallup for general questions because they got out of the politics horse races and now spend time polling issues. Then there are The Green Papers: United States Presidential Election 2016 there are more sites and people I follow

I do not give much credence to the polling talking points of campaigns or partisan media (unless they have a great track record).

Okay, I see. I get interested when I see opinion pieces that use polling data to back up a partisan attack, used as objective analysis of polling data.

I do not "spend a bunch of time parsing through them to determine their validity." What I do is go to people and web sites that have a great track record of doing that for the rest of us. I especially like Nate Silver and 538 if only because they explain their methods of analysis. They do this with sports as well as with politics. I use Gallup for general questions because they got out of the politics horse races and now spend time polling issues. Then there are The Green Papers: United States Presidential Election 2016 there are more sites and people I follow

I do not give much credence to the polling talking points of campaigns or partisan media (unless they have a great track record).
Kudos, you are clearly more qualified to comment on good versus bad polls than I am.

Kudos, you are clearly more qualified to comment on good versus bad polls than I am.
Not really, but I am informed on the subject

Misery likes company....but I hate to break your bubble....there is no Democratic party trying to derail one of its candidates....and most Hillary supporters will gladly vote for Bernie, should it come to that. Your party is a mess.....but don't try to console yourself by trying to make it seem that the Democratic party is in the same kind of shit bowl....good luck with your brokered convention....it will be fun to watch the Trumpsters riot....too bad they decided not to allow open carry at the convention.........:D

Not sure you're going to remain.....most weird named noobs just want to vent....but Welcome, anyway!

I think you've been bamboozled. First of all, why are conservatives so angry? I can see being angry in 2008 and it's taken awhile but really the only people still hurting are uneducated blue collar workers. Are you one of these people? Because this is who trumps trying to win over. I don't believe Republicans truly care about these people because usually their advice to these people who took a step backward is for them to start their own business or go back to school. Now trumps gonna fix NAFTA? If we want to do that we'll need more liberal pro union politicians.

It's an election year. Either that's why you are worked up or you are a victim. Tell me your story. Is it your fault or someone else.

Forum List

Back