Angry Conservative

BuckToothMoron

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2016
I am an angry conservative, and I can see there is a similar outrage being manifested on the other side as well. Voters of both political ilk are showing real disdain for their respective establishment leaders. Frankly, I will not vote for any candidate, but rather most certainly against either Clinton or Cruz...NO C's for me. And there just might be a way to keep both the awful C's out.

If the republicans disregard the clear choice candidate per the primaries they will definitely lose in November. Voters like me, and especially those who actually ballyhoo Trump for president wIll refuse to vote for anybody but Trump. We will either not vote, perhaps childishly cut off our nose and vote for the Dem, or (this is my preference) support a Third party run by the Trumpster. Remember, I am no Trumpite, but I am sick of the worn out joke of a party, the Gop. As a note- I would discourage anyone from being loyal to any party in lieu of being true to your own dogma.

So the conventional wisdom is that no 3rd party candidate can win, but we are already sailing a political ark in a sea like no other. Trump is 50% ahead of Cruz, his mouth is a boiling cauldron of vile, putrid muck, and the steamy ejects always land and sear his opponents. The closer the opponent is to the Republican establishment the more he is seared. Jeb-gone! Rubio tripped on his own tongue trying to avoid the scalding ejections. He's out! The armored suit Cruz built by calling Mitch "the ditch" McConnell a liar on the senate floor protects him, but does not allow him to advance. And John Kasich is a little gnat that merely survives by being to small to hit.

But Trump can't win with Only the support of disgruntled conservatives, so look around the corner and down the street. There you will find another group who has had it with what their party is shoving down their throats. The Bernie folks hate Clinton the way Trumpsters hate the Republicans. Short of an indictment, these guys will have to vote for Clinton, not vote, or ( my preference) support a third party canidate.

If Trump would wage a third party candidacy and ask Bernie to VP the ticket they could win, and in the process redraw the political lines. They can manufacture a platform to draw all people who hate the establishment.

Will somebody get these two guys in a room?

I am an angry conservative, and I can see there is a similar outrage being manifested on the other side as well. Voters of both political ilk are showing real disdain for their respective establishment leaders. Frankly, I will not vote for any candidate, but rather most certainly against either Clinton or Cruz...NO C's for me. And there just might be a way to keep both the awful C's out.

If the republicans disregard the clear choice candidate per the primaries they will definitely lose in November. Voters like me, and especially those who actually ballyhoo Trump for president wIll refuse to vote for anybody but Trump. We will either not vote, perhaps childishly cut off our nose and vote for the Dem, or (this is my preference) support a Third party run by the Trumpster. Remember, I am no Trumpite, but I am sick of the worn out joke of a party, the Gop. As a note- I would discourage anyone from being loyal to any party in lieu of being true to your own dogma.

So the conventional wisdom is that no 3rd party candidate can win, but we are already sailing a political ark in a sea like no other. Trump is 50% ahead of Cruz, his mouth is a boiling cauldron of vile, putrid muck, and the steamy ejects always land and sear his opponents. The closer the opponent is to the Republican establishment the more he is seared. Jeb-gone! Rubio tripped on his own tongue trying to avoid the scalding ejections. He's out! The armored suit Cruz built by calling Mitch "the ditch" McConnell a liar on the senate floor protects him, but does not allow him to advance. And John Kasich is a little gnat that merely survives by being to small to hit.

But Trump can't win with Only the support of disgruntled conservatives, so look around the corner and down the street. There you will find another group who has had it with what their party is shoving down their throats. The Bernie folks hate Clinton the way Trumpsters hate the Republicans. Short of an indictment, these guys will have to vote for Clinton, not vote, or ( my preference) support a third party canidate.

If Trump would wage a third party candidacy and ask Bernie to VP the ticket they could win, and in the process redraw the political lines. They can manufacture a platform to draw all people who hate the establishment.

Well, at least you chose the right screen name for yourself.

trump with bern makes good sense

since neither is a conservative
neither understand the economy
neither know history, or do now it and want the worst to repeat

the only con running is Cruz and no liberals are running for the dems

I agree that neither is a conservative nor understand the economy. But I would offer that is true with every canidate left. My hope is we can alter the status quo by replacing the tired established leaders and open new debates.

"I am an angry conservative..."

You’re a ridiculous conservative – which is likely redundant.
Hmm, I guess I confused this board with one that has intelligent comments and debates instead of thoughtless name calling.

I'm sorry, you thought, "I'm ANGRY! My anger makes me valid!" was going to constitute an intelligent comment?

Admittedly, CC is among our most incoherent posters, but ranting on about your "very important" anger isn't exactly impressive, either.

I agree that neither is a conservative nor understand the economy. But I would offer that is true with every canidate left. My hope is we can alter the status quo by replacing the tired established leaders and open new debates.

Really? You would offer that Cruz and Kasich don't understand the economy? And you base that assertion on what evidence?

"Alter the status quo"? To what? How? How do you know that will be the result?

Smashing the system just to be smashing it is never a good thing. You have to have a plan for what happens next. What's yours?

Really? You would offer that Cruz and Kasich don't understand the economy? And you base that assertion on what evidence?

Smashing the system just to be smashing it is never a good thing. You have to have a plan for what happens next. What's yours?

I will try to address your pertinent comments and questions. First, you say that smashing the system is never a good thing. I didn't suggest smashing the system. I am tired of the current political leaders and ripping their power does not constitute smashing the system. Try to think with a bit of nuance rather than extreme radicalism. Secondly, I suggested NONE of the candidates really inderstand the economy, and I would ask you to provide evidence to the contrary. Thirdly, you asked how to alter the status quo. I'm sorry, I thought it was obvious that electing a Trump/Kasich ticket would clearly alter the status quo since most people would say Trump is not a true Republican and Bernie only caucuses with The Dems because there is no viable party farther left. Finally you wrote "you have to have a plan for what happens next". Really? Nobody knows what will happen next, but if you have some scenarios in mind I would be happy to discuss them.

My point is that Trump and Bernie represent a large fraction of voters who feel betrayed and disenfranchised by the current political leaders, and by electing them we could open new lines of communication and debate.

I will try to address your pertinent comments and questions. First, you say that smashing the system is never a good thing. I didn't suggest smashing the system. I am tired of the current political leaders and ripping their power does not constitute smashing the system. Try to think with a bit of nuance rather than extreme radicalism. Secondly, I suggested NONE of the candidates really inderstand the economy, and I would ask you to provide evidence to the contrary. Thirdly, you asked how to alter the status quo. I'm sorry, I thought it was obvious that electing a Trump/Kasich ticket would clearly alter the status quo since most people would say Trump is not a true Republican and Bernie only caucuses with The Dems because there is no viable party farther left. Finally you wrote "you have to have a plan for what happens next". Really? Nobody knows what will happen next, but if you have some scenarios in mind I would be happy to discuss them.

My point is that Trump and Bernie represent a large fraction of voters who feel betrayed and disenfranchised by the current political leaders, and by electing them we could open new lines of communication and debate.

Okay, first of all, you're very much suggesting smashing the system. Delude yourself all you want, but that's what Trump's candidacy is all about. I'm not even going to touch the laughable notion of "nuance" in regards to Donald Trump.

Second of all, YOU made the statement. It is not MY job to prove or disprove YOUR statement. If you can't back it up, then issue a retraction. If you want to stand by it, then get on substantiating it, or you've de facto retracted it and admitted to being full of shit, anyway. Your choice. Believe me, this probably the gentlest you're going to be told on this board that "I said it, YOU prove me wrong" won't fly . . . no matter what the political proclivities of the poster you're talking to.

Third, I sincerely doubt Kasich has any interest in being in any way associated with Donald Trump.

Fourth, I didn't ask you to tell me what's "obvious" to you, nor did I ask for, "Just elect Donald, and it will make all my dreams come true! You'll see!" Specifics, hon. EXACTLY what do you intend to build in place of the system you rail against, and how? "Let's just elect someone who says he'll be different" is crap.

You don't have to know what will happen next, but you DO have to have a plan for what you intend to accomplish and how. Contingency provisions are also a good idea. The military will tell you that no battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy, but notice that they don't just invade willy-nilly.

MY point is "Let's just make it different! Let's elect these guys, and see what happens!" is imbecilic and childish.

Okay, first of all, you're very much suggesting smashing the system. Delude yourself all you want, but that's what Trump's candidacy is all about. I'm not even going to touch the laughable notion of "nuance" in regards to Donald Trump.

Second of all, YOU made the statement. It is not MY job to prove or disprove YOUR statement. If you can't back it up, then issue a retraction. If you want to stand by it, then get on substantiating it, or you've de facto retracted it and admitted to being full of shit, anyway. Your choice. Believe me, this probably the gentlest you're going to be told on this board that "I said it, YOU prove me wrong" won't fly . . . no matter what the political proclivities of the poster you're talking to.

Third, I sincerely doubt Kasich has any interest in being in any way associated with Donald Trump.

Fourth, I didn't ask you to tell me what's "obvious" to you, nor did I ask for, "Just elect Donald, and it will make all my dreams come true! You'll see!" Specifics, hon. EXACTLY what do you intend to build in place of the system you rail against, and how? "Let's just elect someone who says he'll be different" is crap.

You don't have to know what will happen next, but you DO have to have a plan for what you intend to accomplish and how. Contingency provisions are also a good idea. The military will tell you that no battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy, but notice that they don't just invade willy-nilly.

MY point is "Let's just make it different! Let's elect these guys, and see what happens!" is imbecilic and childish.

Smashing the the system is your characterization of electing a non-typical canidate as a 3rd party canidate. If in your mind that is smashing the system then we will have to accept that we have a different view on what constitutes smashing the system.

With regard to Kasich and Cruz understanding the economy- Economics is a highly complex system, most major universities offer PHDs in Economics because it is so complex. It is a soft science with relatively few natural laws compared to a hard science. Neither Cruz nor Kasich have any significant education in economics. If either were elected president they would rely on a bevy of real economist for advice and information, cause an effect etc.

When did I suggest that Kasish would want to have anything to do with Trump? I suggested that Bernie run as Trumps VP, however if I inadvertently used Kasish instead of Bernie, it was a mistake on my part, and I apologize.

In your previous post you used quotation marks as if they were my words.
I never posted "let's just make it different, lets elect these guys and see what happens". If you want to have an honest and mature debate/discussion I will engage, so please have the decency not to suggest your words are mine and I will do the same.

Donald has already become a third party candidate, even if he does not go third party.

Your post confirms this.

Enjoy Hillary as President. Trump is in love with her anyway.

Last edited:

Smashing the the system is your characterization of electing a non-typical canidate as a 3rd party canidate. If in your mind that is smashing the system then we will have to accept that we have a different view on what constitutes smashing the system.

No, smashing the system is my observation of what Trump and his followers themselves characterize what they're doing. Have you not been paying attention all this time?

With regard to Kasich and Cruz understanding the economy- Economics is a highly complex system, most major universities offer PHDs in Economics because it is so complex. It is a soft science with relatively few natural laws compared to a hard science. Neither Cruz nor Kasich have any significant education in economics. If either were elected president they would rely on a bevy of real economist for advice and information, cause an effect etc.

Thanks for the backpedaling, temporizing, and word-parsing. Now that you're done inadequately trying to CYA and walk back your attacks, let me point out that you did not say, "Cruz and Kasich don't have degrees in economics, they'll hire economists to work for them". You said, "Neither understand the economy". Repeatedly. You then followed up with, "None of the candidates understand the economy." There is a difference. No one has ever suggested that either Cruz or Kasich has a degree in economics, or that it is their field of expertise, or that they intend to rely only on their own knowledge and expertise in that area. Donald Trump, on the other hand, HAS suggested that being rich makes him an economic expert, and that he WILL rely primarily on his own "good brain" and self-advice.

Nevertheless, one does not have to be an economist to have a general grounding in and understanding of basic economics and how it does and should intersect with the government. I can't speak for Kasich, because I find him utterly uninteresting, but I can tell you that Ted Cruz DOES have that understanding. He also has the necessary understanding and wisdom to choose economic advisers who are not talking out their ivory-tower, never-worked-in-the-real-world, I-have-a-great-theory asses.

When did I suggest that Kasish would want to have anything to do with Trump? I suggested that Bernie run as Trumps VP, however if I inadvertently used Kasish instead of Bernie, it was a mistake on my part, and I apologize.

You did, in fact, say Trump/Kasich. But I sincerely doubt that Bernie Sanders wants anything to do with Trump, either.

In your previous post you used quotation marks as if they were my words.
I never posted "let's just make it different, lets elect these guys and see what happens". If you want to have an honest and mature debate/discussion I will engage, so please have the decency not to suggest your words are mine and I will do the same.

Quotation marks do not just signify direct quotes. They also serve to indicate paraphrases and irony. If you want to have an honest and mature debate/discussion, you're going to have to learn not to project your limited grammatical skills, laced with butthurt, onto me.

Forum List

Back