And zooooom up go the grocery prices AGAIN.....

That’s true, local right wingers are pretty damn stupid, have trouble considering anything semi-objectively.

Take this thread - some guy somewhere sees something go up in price…starts making generalization about national economy and positing conspiracy theories.
Nice try.... Just stick to calling people stupid at least you're good at that. You're free to express your own opinion if you say grocery prices aren't going up and you're good with that I'm not going to argue with you.

The majority of Americans are always financially stressed, this is not new, nor is it news.
Not true. It’s gone up under Biden. You can lie all you want, but the people who used to buy groceries easily are now clipping coupons, substituting generic for the brand, looking for sales, and cutting intake.

I myself just made an egg-n-cheese muffin, and I used one egg instead of two. The prices on eggs have skyrocketed.

Not true. It’s gone up under Biden. You can lie all you want, but the people who used to buy groceries easily are now clipping coupons, substituting generic for the brand, looking for sales, and cutting intake.

I myself just made an egg-n-cheese muffin, and I used one egg instead of two. The prices on eggs have skyrocketed.

I am sorry to hear about your suffereing.

I will send even more thoughts and prayers your way.

If only the Govt will swoop in and save you!

I have been purchasing emergency food rations for a while now, along with cans of SPAM(the meat the beat Hitler) that can last forever since it is well known to intelligent people, that the Demofascists have a plan to do whatever it takes to murder 6 billion people, whether by war, disease, or even FAMINE(for you Joe Biden voters, that mean starving to death). Each year you see some other regulation or rule making it harder for the everyday "worker" to provide for his/her family....

"
I have been stockpiling Beer.
Once the Zombie Apocalypse hits, Beer will become the preferred currency. Do you realize how many cans of SPAM you could get for a bottle of Beer?

Nice try.... Just stick to calling people stupid at least you're good at that. You're free to express your own opinion if you say grocery prices aren't going up and you're good with that I'm not going to argue with you

Grocery prices have always gone up, sometimes faster, sometimes slower, sometimes temporarily on specific products.

All of that needs to be considered against income growth to get a picture of affordability.

Stop playing in the sandbox, building partisan sand castles and read up on basic macroeconomics.

Price gouging at it's worst.

I was at HD on Saturday.
A woman was putting new prices on items, I noticed she was replacing the price stickers on mini work-lights.
from $9.99 to $19.99.
I asked her how many she had, she took out her phone and scanned it.
The phone said she had 89.
That's a nice $890 profit, on one item.
Prices in big box stores change AFTER the new shipment hits the stores....not before. Sounds weird but some things take longer than others. And most retailers have had a change of country of origin for most of their goods. It's not CCP for most anymore. (Their economy is suffering too)

Then there's increased port fees and logistics have also skyrocketed in costs.

All those riots in various countries you don't hear about is having an effect on where things get made or produced. And keeping groceries from being planted or harvested.

All the trouble in Africa has really hurt chocolate, grain, and Arabica coffee production. (Robusta coffee is grown in Vietnam)
South America has also had issues with coffee, grain, and chocolate. India has had decent production but again shipping containers are the problem for getting products to market(not enough of them) and the suez canal in the Middle East is causing more issues with shipping to Europe.

Get hens. Prices went up under Trump and Oblama and Bush and..

Chicken feed is made from corn and corn has skyrocketed in price.

The good news is that American farmers are seeing the prices and are actually farming once again.

Not to worry!

Once St Trumpy is reelected, He'll put the kibosh on these high grocery prices. Until then, you'll just have to suck it up.

Or not eat.

Love watching Conservatives demand the Nanny State come in and rescue them from high prices.
For Gods sake…..Get a freaking JOB
Is that what you tell the welfare recipeints getting food stamps? Nope. Your contempt is limited to people who work hard at their modest-paying jobs.

And we aren’t asking for the government to rescue us. We are asking for the government to stop spending unnecessary millions to keep inflation going.

Chicken feed is made from corn and corn has skyrocketed in price.

The good news is that American farmers are seeing the prices and are actually farming once again.

The price of field corn per bushel over the last year.

1711974653180.png

1711974689121.png

Prices in big box stores change AFTER the new shipment hits the stores....not before.
Some do, some don't.
In this case, I doubt they got 89 mini work-lights in one shipment.
I doubt they got 89 of anything in one shipment.
They do mark stuff down too.
Sounds weird but some things take longer than others. And most retailers have had a change of country of origin for most of their goods. It's not CCP for most anymore. (Their economy is suffering too)

Then there's increased port fees and logistics have also skyrocketed in costs.
True.

Car Prices Expected to Rise After Baltimore Bridge Collapse​

1711975059082.jpeg
NTD News
https://www.ntd.com › car-prices-expected-to-rise-after-...

5 days ago — The collapse of the bridge in Baltimore is expected to be one of the greatest losses in the maritime business, as it has caused a complete halt ...

Baltimore bridge collapse could lead to increased shipping ...​

1711975100980.png
Digital Commerce 360
https://www.digitalcommerce360.com › 2024/03/26 › ba...

6 days ago — Shipping rates between the U.S. and Asia are elevated over 2019 levels, and the Baltimore bridge collapse could increase them further.

All those riots in various countries you don't hear about is having an effect on where things get made or produced. And keeping groceries from being planted or harvested.

All the trouble in Africa has really hurt chocolate, grain, and Arabica coffee production. (Robusta coffee is grown in Vietnam)
South America has also had issues with coffee, grain, and chocolate. India has had decent production but again shipping containers are the problem for getting products to market(not enough of them) and the suez canal in the Middle East is causing more issues with shipping to Europe.

Last edited:
It’s $3 for 12 eggs today and you are seriously saying you can’t afford to spend a few extra cents on your sandwich?

I know people can have tight budgets but this seems stretched.

Last edited:
Is that what you tell the welfare recipeints getting food stamps? Nope. Your contempt is limited to people who work hard at their modest-paying jobs.

And we aren’t asking for the government to rescue us. We are asking for the government to stop spending unnecessary millions to keep inflation going.
Well you know that will never happen.

If you're looking to the government to make your life better, you're looking in the wrong place.

We are asking for the government to stop spending unnecessary millions to keep inflation going.

and the way to make this happen is to reelect the man that spent more in 4 years than any president before him?

Forum List

Back