That's not how the economy works, Joe! Biden demands supermarkets cut soaring grocery prices

I really doubt that...It is easy for a dumb and lazy President to insinuate that.
But, if we know inflation is real why would you suddenly pick grocers as cashing in on that ????
The margins in the grocery business are very slim at all times
Somewhere between 2 and 3% I believe.

I really doubt that...It is easy for a dumb and lazy President to insinuate that.
But, if we know inflation is real why would you suddenly pick grocers as cashing in on that ????
The margins in the grocery business are very slim at all times
Why would you NOT?

Low margins are absolutely a reason to cash in when they can

Why would you NOT?

Now you have to ask yourself, if they could just "cash in", why didn't they always do that, every day is history?

Why did they wait until the potato took office?

Now you have to ask yourself, if they could just "cash in", why didn't they always do that, every day is history?

Why did they wait until the potato took office?
They are taking advantage of inflation.

Inflation raises prices but how much? They simply tack on a little extra and no one knows if it’s inflation or greed

Inflation raises prices but how much? They simply tack on a little extra and no one knows if it’s inflation or greed

Because we had no inflation, ever, pre-potato.

Because we had no inflation, ever, pre-potato.
Because of money dumped into the economy as a result of COVID by Both Trump and Biden, supply disruptions, and Putin invading Ukraine… inflation was much higher than normal and grocery stores among other sellers took advantage of that and added “a little on top”.

Why would you NOT?

No, they are not. As soon as customers get wind of the first ones doing it they start deserting the store and many will never go back.
I see this in my own home town

" Consumers have also adapted their buying habits by trading down to save money. According to McKinsey’s Consumer Pulse Survey 2023, 66 percent of consumers have sought out less-expensive goods, an increase of four percentage points from 2022 (Exhibit 1). This shift was particularly pronounced for consumers with incomes below $100,000 in categories such as meat and dairy and shelf staples."

Forum List

Back