High food costs...in restaurants!

Just found out that much of the complaints about high food costs involve eating out. Sheesh!

so true, kids cannot go out to eat any more, you dont even see families taking kids out to eat at Chick-fil-A any more because it is now expensive. Even at Raisin Canes a kids meal is nearly $8, and if you have multiple kids that really adds up; per meal.

It's only the single people who can eat out often. Box of cereal and some buttered toast is the most affordable way to go now if you have kids. Parent just buy some french fries and chicken strips at the grocery store, pour it in on cookie sheet pop into the oven if you have 2-5 kids.

I made wraps for our lunch.....Ham, swiss, tomato, onions, lettuce, sandwich spread, a dash of seasoning....Not to brag but it was a quality wrap.

The wife really liked it and I asked her "I wonder how much they could cost in a restaurant". she figured about $8.00 each with chips, not counting the tea we had.

I did some quick "cyphering" and came up with about $1.25 each.

so true, kids cannot go out to eat any more, you dont even see families taking kids out to eat at Chick-fil-A any more because it is now expensive. Even at Raisin Canes a kids meal is nearly $8, and if you have multiple kids that really adds up; per meal.

It's only the single people who can eat out often. Box of cereal and some buttered toast is the most affordable way to go now if you have kids. Parent just buy some french fries and chicken strips at the grocery store, pour it in on cookie sheet pop into the oven if you have 2-5 kids.
I could not afford to go out to eat when I was young with kids.

I make my own chicken nuggets. Easy, quick, cheap, and yummy. I use the 'egg wash' for pancakes the next morning.

Fast food and eating out is just real high now. Grocery stores high too, but fast food is crazy.

I shop deals now. Buy more when it goes on sale. Piggy Wiggly had pork chops 2.99 a pound. Bought several. Same on Bacon, hamburger meat, etc.

I'm certain that most people are finding ways to keep their food costs down. You can still eat good and not go broke.

Fast food and eating out is just real high now. Grocery stores high too, but fast food is crazy.

I shop deals now. Buy more when it goes on sale. Piggy Wiggly had pork chops 2.99 a pound. Bought several. Same on Bacon, hamburger meat, etc.
Restaurants have problem that they have to pay any price to get their ingredients. People will normally cook something different, if one of the ingredients becomes outrageously priced. Like hash browns, instead of scrambled eggs. Or when the price of lettuce skyrocketed, McD still had to get fresh lettuce no matter what it cost them.

I'm certain that most people are finding ways to keep their food costs down. You can still eat good and not go broke.
When it comes to the grocery store, there are all sorts of ways to save, from sales, to coupons, to buying in bulk.
But to take advantage, takes time, and the room to store a months supply of stuff. So having a big refrigerator/freezer helps.

When it comes to the grocery store, there are all sorts of ways to save, from sales, to coupons, to buying in bulk.
But to take advantage, takes time, and the room to store a months supply of stuff. So having a big refrigerator/freezer helps.
It also helps to not eat so much.

It also helps to not eat so much.

Highly processed "convenience foods" pack a lot of calories into a little space. (less filling). So people end up eating more. Getting mostly empty calories and little nutrition.

Highly processed "convenience foods" pack a lot of calories into a little space. (less filling). So people end up eating more. Getting mostly empty calories and little nutrition.

It is more than just that, still far too many places here in the US serve a single serving that could feed a whole family.

The wife and I got away for the weekend and looking for a place to have breakfast yesterday we found a place that had 14 inch pancakes and 5 egg omelets. These places hide poor quality food behind massive quantities.

Needless to say, we did not go there

Forum List

Back