And One Stands Alone

I have some problems with some of Carters policies/

But I also happen to think he was a moral person whose motives were sound even if his administration failed on many counts.

He was, after all, betrayed by the very same duelopoly that is screwing this nation, right now.
Carter was a moral man to the point of foolish idealism. He demanded a purity of action and philosophy, while admirable is death for the survival of any nation state and went about implementing it in the worst possible manner. In a way, he was the Anti-Nixon who was so corrupt in that era, and steeped in all the things that made Washington the hell it is. I love the quote about Nixon from "Good Morning Vietnam".

"Dick's got a trainload of shit behind him so long, it could fertilize the Sinai, and I consider that son-of-a-bitch a close and personal friend!"

That being said, if Carter is not to be held responsible for his policies that created Stagflation, then none of the presidents after him or before him can be held responsible for the results of their policies. This is foolishness. You willing to stop (falsely) saying that W caused the depression we are in now? Or (falsely) that Reagan created it? Or that (falsely) Clinton saved us?

No? then you can't say that Carter is innocent of what he DID create and is accepted to be the micromanaging source of Stagflation through his economic policies.

Th Iranian Hostage Crisis stems back from ousting Mossadegh and then installing the Shah and teaching the SAVAK Nazi torture tactics for those who opposed that our American puppet.

Carter and Volcker protected the dollar, which says so much more than your Greenspan/Reagan, etc. fellow.

That must be why we had a 12% inflation rate at the end of Carter's term. Is that your conception of "protecting" the dollar?

Volcker only started tightening the money spigot when it became obvious we were headed towards hyperinflation.

Personally I hold Congress Responsible for most Debt in the End.

lol....and this is why I supported McCain. McCain has a red pen and will use it.

However, you fags cannot accept personal responsibility, but blame Congress for it.

Get a fucking Grip

I am not the one who went on a tireless tirade.

Stop SPENDING MONEY

Again, Carter was more fiscally conservative than your boy Reagan. Why you are throwing a fit over this is beyond me.

You fags? Really? Grow up kid.

Gerald Ford's presidential term was as much marked by the economic forces of inflation as it was by the political fortunes of the time.

Ford, who was sworn in as president on Aug. 9, 1974, after the resignation of Richard Nixon, faced inflation that was already surging at a 10.9 percent annual rate in that month. It was thrust into overdrive by the OPEC oil embargo of 1974 and the elimination of wage/price controls instituted in the Nixon administration

The economic legacy of Gerald Ford - Dec. 27, 2006

You know......Clinton left Jr. with a budget surplus. We were actually in the black.

Jr. then fucked things up by going to war with Iraq (wrong country btw), not putting the cost of the war on the budget, and screwing up things with his tax cuts for the rich.

Obama walked into a sewer, and considering what he started with, he'd done a pretty decent job. The only thing that is a problem is the Party of No.

Th Iranian Hostage Crisis stems back from ousting Mossadegh and then installing the Shah and teaching the SAVAK Nazi torture tactics for those who opposed that our American puppet.

Total Left-wing claptrap.

When was Ron Paul considered a leftist?

The blowback from our actions was in large part responsible for the extremist Iranian Revolution of 1979, the taking of our hostages and the many problems we have had with Iran ever since. So much of our intervention makes no sense.

Ron Paul on Iran, Mossadegh, War, Blowback and Middle East "Democracy"

You know......Clinton left Jr. with a budget surplus. We were actually in the black.

Jr. then fucked things up by going to war with Iraq (wrong country btw), not putting the cost of the war on the budget, and screwing up things with his tax cuts for the rich.

Obama walked into a sewer, and considering what he started with, he'd done a pretty decent job. The only thing that is a problem is the Party of No.

Left wing propaganda.
Not true.

1. In 2000, President Clinton stated that the recent surplus “represented the largest one-year debt reduction in the history of the United States…the $5.7 trillion national debt has been reduced by $360 billion in the last three years -- $223 billion this year alone.” President Clinton announces another record budget surplus - September 27, 2000

a. CNN stated “The federal budget surplus for fiscal year 1999 was $122.7 billion, and $69.2 billion for fiscal year 1998. Those back-to-back surpluses, the first since 1957, allowed the Treasury to pay down $138 billion in national debt.” Ibid.

b. So, it seems, not only did President Clinton run a surplus, but he reduced the national debt!

2. If he had actually done so, the national debt would have reflected same.
Would you like to see the actual national debt figures?
1993 4,351,044
1994 4,643,307
1995 4,920,586
1996 5,181,465
1997 5,369,206
1998 5,478,189
1999 5,605,523
2000 5,628,700

Historical Tables | The White House (table 7.1)

The table 7.1 will also show that he inherited a $4 + trillion debt.

That means the debt increased 41% under Clinton.
And no wars or military build up to blame it on!

Now, don't you want to question everything else the Old Left Media taught you?

Total Left-wing claptrap.

When was Ron Paul considered a leftist?

The blowback from our actions was in large part responsible for the extremist Iranian Revolution of 1979, the taking of our hostages and the many problems we have had with Iran ever since. So much of our intervention makes no sense.

Ron Paul on Iran, Mossadegh, War, Blowback and Middle East "Democracy"

Please, don't be shy...let me know if you would like an actual history lesson.

Be aware, there'll be a short exam at the end.

I'll pass. I don't need a history lesson from someone who thinks that Ron Paul is a leftist shill.

Keep your snake oil to yourself.

This has what to do with Jimmy Carter?
Oh yeah, you just open your mouth and ignorant left wing crap falls out.

I'll pass. I don't need a history lesson from someone who thinks that Ron Paul is a leftist shill.

Keep your snake oil to yourself.

And there is the anti-intellectual response one should expect from a person of your caliber.

On the bright side, your head in the sand attitude allows you to keep spouting Left-wing anti-American propaganda without actually seeing yourself as a prevaricator.

And there is the anti-intellectual response one should expect from a person of your caliber.

On the bright side, your head in the sand attitude allows you to keep spouting Left-wing anti-American propaganda without actually seeing yourself as a prevaricator.

Why do you consider Ron Paul to be a leftist?

Please explain yourself.

Please explain yourself.

Absolutely.

Anyone who continues to provide untrue, uninformed Left-wing, anti-American propaganda such as "Th Iranian Hostage Crisis stems back from ousting Mossadegh and then installing the Shah and teaching the SAVAK Nazi torture tactics for those who opposed that our American puppet"...

...is ignorant, a dupe of the Left, or of the Left and deserves at the very least the contumely that I provided.

You have allowed yourself to fall into one of those categories...unless you cannot read, or have no library card.

Do your own research and you will never make that statement again.

Please explain yourself.

Absolutely.

Anyone who continues to provide untrue, uninformed Left-wing, anti-American propaganda such as "Th Iranian Hostage Crisis stems back from ousting Mossadegh and then installing the Shah and teaching the SAVAK Nazi torture tactics for those who opposed that our American puppet"...

...is ignorant, a dupe of the Left, or of the Left and deserves at the very least the contumely that I provided.

You have allowed yourself to fall into one of those categories...unless you cannot read, or have no library card.

You didn't explain yourself. In fact, you just provided ignorant propaganda.

Why do you hate Democracy and Liberty?

Please explain yourself.

Absolutely.

You didn't explain yourself. In fact, you just provided ignorant propaganda.

Why do you hate Democracy and Liberty?

Why do you fear learning the true history of Iran/Mossadegh?

When your lacunae are exposed, won't you have to issue an apology?

Do you still contend "Th Iranian Hostage Crisis stems back from ousting Mossadegh and then installing the Shah and teaching the SAVAK Nazi torture tactics for those who opposed that our American puppet"...

Forum List

Back