An internetloper

Hi! I'm Davocrat. My real name is in fact Dave. I'm 54 at the moment and from NC. I used to be sort of obsessive about political forums, but not as much now. So I probably won't be "living" here (or anywhere else), but I do enjoy mixing it up a bit!

I've been a moderator and "council member" at another forum, so I know how hard it is to manage these places. Actually, I'm currently an admin on a local politics page in Facebook. I probably shouldn't have done that, because it's such a time suck.

I'm a liberal Democrat. I have actually voted for a couple of Republicans. I long for the return of "the loyal opposition." I think right now, the GOP is in the hands of nut-jobs. Especially here in North Carolina, which used to be a really cool southern state.

Oh, I don't use smilies. Or type "LOL." I go "heh-heh," instead. That's a toothpick in my mouth in case you're wondering.

About half of what I don on boards like this is shtick, so don't take me too seriously all of the time.
Welcome to USMB, Davocrat. Hope you enjoy the boards.

Hello Davo! :)

(Uh, Henry, Mert, Beady Boop. :D)

Thx :D

I was wondering where so many went.

I've decided I'm going to be a teabagged Republican here so I can be bat shit crazy with impunity.

:D

I'd wondered about something similar to that, how would Bizzarolanders respond to their own style rhetoric?

Like, if Obama were for mandatory gun ownership, could that possibly get something like UBCs on the table?

He is in a position of great power, all he has to do is suggest something along the T-party's own lines to poison it forever...

Look at the response to The Heritage Foundation's HC plan for instance. :eusa_whistle:

We have been taking the wrong tact all along Henry, we have to learn to work with Bizarroland to undo it... :eusa_eh:

Thx :redface:

Last edited:
images

;) :)

Hello Davo! :)

(Uh, Henry, Mert, Beady Boop. :D)

I've decided I'm going to be a teabagged Republican here so I can be bat shit crazy with impunity.

I'd wondered about something similar to that, how would Bizzarolanders respond to their own style rhetoric?

Like, if Obama were for mandatory gun ownership, could that possibly get something like UBCs on the table?

He is in a position of great power, all he has to do is suggest something along the T-party's own lines to poison it forever...

Look at the response to The Heritage Foundation's HC plan for instance. :eusa_whistle:

We have been taking the wrong tact all along Henry, we have to learn to work with Bizarroland to undo it... :eusa_eh:

This is the welcome thread. Politics and Flame threads are thataway ----------->

This is the welcome thread. Politics and Flame threads are thataway ----------->

Any threads on "Backseat Modding"?

We try to keep welcome threads fun and non-controversial - lots of open rooms available to get into political dust-ups ;)

We try to keep welcome threads fun and non-controversial - lots of open rooms available to get into political dust-ups ;)

Sorry, you're right, didn't mean to start a flame war in an intro thread, just commenting on Henry's comment, sorry.

Thx :)

Welcome aboard. No matter what political leaning - there are plenty of topics here to choose and debate your position.

This area is for welcoming noobs, and we are extending a warm and hearty
welcome.jpg

Sorry to make trouble so early in my membership, but can someone here tell me if posts like this are allowed?
http://www.usmessageboard.com/8197198-post103.html

If so, that is, if the African American epithet starting with "n" is allowed to be used in this way, I'll have to not participate.

This is a sincere question. I did report it and I figured it just wasn't dealt with yet.

Anyone?

Sorry to make trouble so early in my membership, but can someone here tell me if posts like this are allowed?

If so, that is, if the African American epithet starting with "n" is allowed to be used in this way, I'll have to not participate.

This is a sincere question. I did report it and I figured it just wasn't dealt with yet.

Anyone?

Rules are here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/annou...48-usmb-rules-and-guidelines.html#post6790048

The n-word is allowed in the Current Events forum.

Hi! I'm Davocrat. My real name is in fact Dave. I'm 54 at the moment and from NC. I used to be sort of obsessive about political forums, but not as much now. So I probably won't be "living" here (or anywhere else), but I do enjoy mixing it up a bit!

I've been a moderator and "council member" at another forum, so I know how hard it is to manage these places. Actually, I'm currently an admin on a local politics page in Facebook. I probably shouldn't have done that, because it's such a time suck.

I'm a liberal Democrat. I have actually voted for a couple of Republicans. I long for the return of "the loyal opposition." I think right now, the GOP is in the hands of nut-jobs. Especially here in North Carolina, which used to be a really cool southern state.

Oh, I don't use smilies. Or type "LOL." I go "heh-heh," instead. That's a toothpick in my mouth in case you're wondering.

About half of what I don on boards like this is shtick, so don't take me too seriously all of the time.

Good to see you, Davo!

Anyone?

I don't even know anymore. In fact, before I crawl back under the covers because it's effing freezing here, I have a thread I need to start.

Anyone?

So, I have to agree with Davo: if this stuff is allowed here in USMB, then I am in the wrong place. I have no tolerance for that kind of horseshit.

I don't believe it is. But I also know it is the weekend of a holiday week. So I would be allowing mods time to deal.

We do have some sincere ugliness floating around here. That's what the ignore function is for. The mods handle the worst of it.

And the good far outweighs the bad.

Also, if you feel so inclined, neg him.

I did, but unfortunately, as long as it isn't in the Clean Debate Zone, anyone can say pretty much what they want to. Poster is rather crass - I just consider him a troll.

Also, if you feel so inclined, neg him.

I did, but unfortunately, as long as it isn't in the Clean Debate Zone, anyone can say pretty much what they want to. Poster is rather crass - I just consider him a troll.

How can such losers be allowed to run around like wild animals like this?

Rough and ready is one thing. Racism is another entirely.

Forum List

Back