A SGT's Introduction

SGT_Kat

Army Strong
Nov 22, 2013
Hey everyone!

I’m relatively new to message boards. The previous forum I was on would lean too far left for my taste and if I spoke out on anything I would be attacked (I was out numbered). I think this forum will be a lot more welcoming with people I can relate to.

A little about me:
I’m a SGT in the Guard. My MOS is 25U which is communications (I love my radios). I will not post which Guard I’m in due to the political nature of the forum. I’m a Geographer and I work in GIS (geographic information systems). In simplest terms I make maps all day lol. My husband is an infantryman (so I’m partial for the infantry). :salute:

I’ve deployed to Iraq with my husband (a lovely honeymoon in the desert lol). Because I did deploy with the infantry I have a tendency to swear so I will apologies for that ahead of time. I’m a strong believer in God, the Constitution, Gun Rights, and Pro-life. I’m a scientist by heart and by education.

Warnings: I swear and I can be very sarcastic. I’m dyslexic, therefore my spelling might not be the greatest and I may switch up words at times.

I look forward to getting to know those on the board :smiliehug:

Welcome!

You may have felt out gunned on the other discussion forum for your views - but beware that the same thing could happen here.

Don't let it bother you.

It takes time but you need to understand that there is a corps of liberal posters who do nothing but scan forums for certain topics. Once found, they alight like vultures and begin to spout their pre-recorded venom.

You have some choices.
:salute::salute:
First is to simply ignore threads in which these rabid leftists post their venom.
Second, once you realize who these Libtards are, you can go to your CP and add them to your ignore list.
Third, you can let them get to you and give them a negative reputation in that square to the upper right with a thumbs up and another down.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Thanks to you and your husband for your service. If you have a blog or other social site, be sure to make it your signature - also in the CP area.

I would very much like to read your comments/ideas/or whatever about your service in Iraq. Do you think we should accept their plea to send troops back in? [Post your response in the Iraq thread]

Thank you all for the warm welcome :D and thank you Longknife for the great advice. I was completely out gunned on the other forum. But here I know I have backup.

I’m very stubborn and vicious when it comes to standing up for my beliefs. I tend not to back down from a debate unless it’s outright pointless and is going around in circles.

As for my thoughts on Iraq, I do plan to post about it along with anything relating to the military.

Welcome to USMB!

I hope you've had all of your shots.

Hey everyone!

I’m relatively new to message boards. The previous forum I was on would lean too far left for my taste and if I spoke out on anything I would be attacked (I was out numbered). I think this forum will be a lot more welcoming with people I can relate to.

A little about me:
I’m a SGT in the Guard. My MOS is 25U which is communications (I love my radios). I will not post which Guard I’m in due to the political nature of the forum. I’m a Geographer and I work in GIS (geographic information systems). In simplest terms I make maps all day lol. My husband is an infantryman (so I’m partial for the infantry). :salute:

I’ve deployed to Iraq with my husband (a lovely honeymoon in the desert lol). Because I did deploy with the infantry I have a tendency to swear so I will apologies for that ahead of time. I’m a strong believer in God, the Constitution, Gun Rights, and Pro-life. I’m a scientist by heart and by education.

Warnings: I swear and I can be very sarcastic. I’m dyslexic, therefore my spelling might not be the greatest and I may switch up words at times.

Welcome to the board, and my thanks to you and your husband for your service.

I used to work with GIS guys (civilian contractors) when I was in the AF. They tended to be overweight with messy hair, but were dang good fellahs. :lol:

Guessing you're not overweight and your hair is well-groomed. :)

Hey everyone!

A little about me:

Welcome to USMB, SGT_Kat. Hope you enjoy the boards.

Hey everyone!

A little about me:

Hello. Welcome. You may still be attacked here ... but you won't be outnumbered. :)

Hey everyone!

A little about me:

Welcome aboard Kat - though we won't agree on politics...you sound fascinating and anyone who doesn't always spell well is a-ok in my book (we don't like spelling Nazi's) ;)

GIS is cool - the department I work for at a University has a strong GIS program.

Hey everyone!

A little about me:

Hello SGT_Kat,

I like it so much when newbies offer a bit of information about themselves. I enjoyed your introduction and hope you can enjoy our group of posters and our many options on the board.

****WELCOME****

Howdy S-Kat. You sound like fun. :razz:

Hey, we can always talk radios... and geography and maps, three of my favorite things.

Welcome, and enjoy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back