An Honest Question for the Right and the Left, and ALL Others in the Middle:

I agree with Condi, and up until 3 years ago I would have backed Colon Powell. But he proved himself to be a racist and I can not support him after that.

Powell is no more a racist than you are. And I don't believe you are a racist at all. While I don't necessarily agree with everything - I certainly didn't agree with his support for Obama.... but, I believe he did so for the right reasons. I think he's honorable. I like honorable people. I respect and admire Powell. He and Condi would be my dream ticket. 8 years of those two, followed by a Rice Presidency.... Perfect.

It was one part of his reasons for backing Obama that I looked at as racist. He admitted that color was one factor in his support of Obama. Honest? Yes, he is. Racist? Sure seems like it to me. But hey I could be wrong, won't be the first or the last time.

Actually, I understand completely what he was saying. And, I agreed with him. It was time that America grew up and elected a minority - any minority - as POTUS. It sent a message... the only problem was it was the wrong guy and we can't afford a token President. We needed someone who was competent and Obama failed the competency test. But, I totally understand why blacks would see the election of a black person as POTUS as a hugely important breakthrough - it was.

And... at least he was intelligent about it. Unlike the hysterical loons that voted for him BECAUSE he's black and for no other reason.

Powell is no more a racist than you are. And I don't believe you are a racist at all. While I don't necessarily agree with everything - I certainly didn't agree with his support for Obama.... but, I believe he did so for the right reasons. I think he's honorable. I like honorable people. I respect and admire Powell. He and Condi would be my dream ticket. 8 years of those two, followed by a Rice Presidency.... Perfect.

It was one part of his reasons for backing Obama that I looked at as racist. He admitted that color was one factor in his support of Obama. Honest? Yes, he is. Racist? Sure seems like it to me. But hey I could be wrong, won't be the first or the last time.

Actually, I understand completely what he was saying. And, I agreed with him. It was time that America grew up and elected a minority - any minority - as POTUS. It sent a message... the only problem was it was the wrong guy and we can't afford a token President. We needed someone who was competent and Obama failed the competency test. But, I totally understand why blacks would see the election of a black person as POTUS as a hugely important breakthrough - it was.

And... at least he was intelligent about it. Unlike the hysterical loons that voted for him BECAUSE he's black and for no other reason.
but the sad fact is, McCain wouldnt have been much better

Forum List

Back