American First

What's the fallacy if America's noted historians name FDR one of America's greatest presidents.....

The fallacy is that you are appealing to authority without addressing any of the many points raised. Name one of these historians and how they address the issues with the scumbag fdr.
Can you name the authority that calls FDR a "scumbag" ?

Me, because I have evaluated his behavior and judged him to be a scumbag. You, on the other hand, are terrified of thinking for yourself and defending your own reasoning. Your approach to mindless, illogical idol worship might as well be shouting "By the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak!"
My own reasoning tells me that the noted historians are correct in their evaluation of FDR. .....

You're doing it again. Do you have any grasp of logic whatsoever?

What's the fallacy if America's noted historians name FDR one of America's greatest presidents.....

The fallacy is that you are appealing to authority without addressing any of the many points raised. Name one of these historians and how they address the issues with the scumbag fdr.

Me, because I have evaluated his behavior and judged him to be a scumbag. You, on the other hand, are terrified of thinking for yourself and defending your own reasoning. Your approach to mindless, illogical idol worship might as well be shouting "By the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak!"
My own reasoning tells me that the noted historians are correct in their evaluation of FDR. My own reasoning also tells me you are incorrect. Do you believe anything historians write in their history books or is it all scum history?

Some right wingers think they know a lot more than the voters of those days did about Depressions and major wars and stuff. Reading Ann Coulter's weirdo revisions trumps actual experiences by people living through those things, you know. Unkotare personally knew every single Japanese in the world back then, so he knows his shit.

My own reasoning tells me that the noted historians are correct in their evaluation of FDR. .....

You're doing it again. Do you have any grasp of logic whatsoever?
Seems that my authorities, the historians, agree with me and your authorities, you, agree with you, so I have to admit your authorities, you, win the contest.
I have a feeling you win most arguments in logic that use your authority as evidence.

seems that

Once again, logic evades you.

No matter how many times it’s rubbed in your face, you refuse to even try to think for yourself.

No matter how many times it’s rubbed in your face, you refuse to even try to think for yourself.
So now you have the ability to decide who thinks for themselves and when that thinking takes place. Is that how you supposedly teach history, "Think history for yourself?"

So now you have the ability to decide who thinks for themselves ......

I have the ability to recognize that when you do nothing but invoke nameless, faceless 'authorities' at the same time that you conspicuously avoid ever offering your own reasoning, that you are most certainly NOT thinking for yourself. Are you honestly this stupid?

I have the ability to recognize that when you do nothing but invoke nameless, faceless 'authorities' at the same time that you conspicuously avoid ever offering your own reasoning, that you are most certainly NOT thinking for yourself. Are you honestly this stupid?
Did you ever think for yourself and wonder if American presidents are rated from good to bad, and if so who would do the ratings? And If perchance some organization, or organizations do in fact rate the presidents, perhaps I could find the ratings my very own self with no help from Google?

Did you ever think for yourself and wonder if American presidents are rated from good to bad, and if so who would do the ratings? And If perchance some organization, or organizations do in fact rate the presidents, perhaps I could find the ratings my very own self with no help from Google?

You still haven’t given any of your own reasoning or even specified the nameless ‘authorities’ upon which your entire fallacious position rests. You are incapable of thinking.

You still haven’t given any of your own reasoning or even specified the nameless ‘authorities’ upon which your entire fallacious position rests. You are incapable of thinking.
At least I was able to find the nameless authorities. I'm sure if you keep at it you can find the nameless authorizes, but apparently you will need Google. .

At least I was able to find the nameless authorities. ... .

Then name them, at least. You would still be a mindless parrot, but you would be 1/2 step closer to forming a thought of your own.

At least I was able to find the nameless authorities. I'm sure if you keep at it you can find the nameless authorizes, but apparently you will need Google. .

Well, this particular gimmick meme re Roosevelt and the Japanese comes mainly from hack spin writers like Ann Coulters, aimed at the juvenile audience, not real scholars, so naturally Unkotare here won't admit his real 'sources', as he knows how it makes him and his stupid talking points look. that's why it's hilarious when the little goober attempts to call others 'parrots'.

Well, this particular gimmick meme re Roosevelt and the Japanese comes mainly from hack spin writers like Ann Coulters, aimed at the juvenile audience, not real scholars, so naturally Unkotare here won't admit his real 'sources', as he knows how it makes him and his stupid talking points look.

I don't need 'sources' to evaluate history for myself. My 'sources' are the FACTS, you dimwit.

Well, this particular gimmick meme re Roosevelt and the Japanese comes mainly from hack spin writers like Ann Coulters, aimed at the juvenile audience, not real scholars, so naturally Unkotare here won't admit his real 'sources', as he knows how it makes him and his stupid talking points look.

I don't need 'sources' to evaluate history for myself. My 'sources' are the FACTS, you dimwit.

Lol no they aren't, and you started babbling this particular idiotic spin the same time all the rest of the right wing spammers did, when one of Ann Coulter's books came out with this rubbish and Rush Limpdick started using the idiocy on his show all the time.

You're too stupid to 'evaluate history', much less bother with 'sources'.

.....you started babbling this particular idiotic spin the same time all the rest of the right wing spammers did, when one of Ann Coulter's books came out with this rubbish and Rush Limpdick started using the idiocy on his show all the time.

Wrong, dimwit. I’ve been teaching about WWII and the scumbag fdr for almost 25 years now. Not my fault if you haven’t been paying attention.

...this particular idiotic spin ...'.

What “spin”?

.....you started babbling this particular idiotic spin the same time all the rest of the right wing spammers did, when one of Ann Coulter's books came out with this rubbish and Rush Limpdick started using the idiocy on his show all the time.

Wrong, dimwit. I’ve been teaching about WWII and the scumbag fdr for almost 25 years now. Not my fault if you haven’t been paying attention.

lol No, you haven't; your posting history gives you away, dumbass. You can't pull that fake bio off, not even close. lol lol lol

... You can't pull that fake bio off, not even close. lol lol lol

What are you talking about?

Have you ever read Commager on historical facts?

Have you ever read Commager on historical facts?

The atrocities in question did not take place so long ago as to belong to another era of moral understanding. As recently as 1983, Commager and other historians were noting the constitutionally unacceptable actions of Lincoln during the Civil War - at the very moment that the US government was acknowledging the egregious wrong of fdr's concentration camps. If Commager didn't give Lincoln a pass for preserving the Union, he certainly would not approve of fdr's crimes if he were to remain, as he was for the entirety of his academic career, consistent. Commager's reverence for the product of the Founders' genius certainly does not accord with fdr's evident disdain for the US Constitution.

You finally mention one of your nameless invocations, and it undermines your position. Might be easier to just try thinking for yourself, champ.

Japanese-American internment -- 'a grave injustice'

"What do men know of loyalty who make a mockery of the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights, whose. energies are dedicated to stirring. up race and class hatreds, who would straitjacket the American spirit? What indeed do they know of America-the America of Sam Adams and Tom Paine, of jackson's defiance of the Court and Lincoln's celebration of labor, of Thoreau's. essay on Civil Disobedience' and Emerson's championship of John Brown..."

"It is sobering to recall that though the Japanese relocation program, carried through at such incalculable cost in misery and tragedy, was justified to us on the ground that the Japanese were potentially disloyal, the record does not disclose a single case of Japanese disloyalty or sabotage during the whole war. The warning sounded by the Supreme Court in the Barnette flagsalute case is a timely one: Ultimate futility of such attempts to compel obedience is the lessonof every such effort from the Roman drive to stamp out Christianity as a disturber of pagan unity, the Inquisition as a means to religious and dynastic unity, the Siberian exiles as a means to Russian unity, down to the fast-failing efforts of our .present totalitarian enemies.Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard."

http://alina_stefanescu.typepad.com/files/harpersmagazine-1947-09-0033019.pdf

Forum List

Back