Did you know the "International Republican Institute" was started to promote Democracy world wide?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Homepage | IRI

What they do:

Effective democratic leaders focus on what people need to be free, secure, and involved.

IRI shares its expertise in democratic governance development—born of more than 30 years of advancing democracy worldwide—to make sure good governance exists and thrives. Each country’s path to democratic development is unique; all democracies must be sustainable, and can be when people and their issues are priorities.

================

That's a new one on me. I never heard of this before but apparently Ronald Reagan started it in 1983 after his European Trip. Four years later, he gave his famous "tear down this wall" speech.

So how is the institute doing these days?

International Republican Institute Not “Promoting Democracy”

The IRI is an international arm of the U.S. Republican Party, so anyone with the stomach to watch the Republican presidential debates might doubt whether this is a “democracy-promotion” organization. But a look at some of their recent adventures is enough to set the record straight: in 2004, the IRI played a major role in overthrowing the democratically elected government of Haiti. In 2002, the head of the IRI publicly celebrated the short-lived military coup that overthrew the democratically elected government of Venezuela. The IRI was also working with organizations and individuals that were involved in the coup. In 2005, the IRI was involved in an effort to promote changes in Brazil’s electoral laws that would weaken the governing Workers’ Party of then President Lula da Silva.

--------------------

OMG!

‘International Republican Institute Not “Promoting Democracy”’

To no one’s surprise.

The IRI is clearly propagating the same failed conservative Cold War agenda: overthrow democratically elected government incorrectly perceived to be ‘leftist’ and replace them with brutal, anti-democratic rightist dictatorships.

Good job.

Homepage | IRI

What they do:

Effective democratic leaders focus on what people need to be free, secure, and involved.

IRI shares its expertise in democratic governance development—born of more than 30 years of advancing democracy worldwide—to make sure good governance exists and thrives. Each country’s path to democratic development is unique; all democracies must be sustainable, and can be when people and their issues are priorities.

================

That's a new one on me. I never heard of this before but apparently Ronald Reagan started it in 1983 after his European Trip. Four years later, he gave his famous "tear down this wall" speech.

So how is the institute doing these days?

International Republican Institute Not “Promoting Democracy”

The IRI is an international arm of the U.S. Republican Party, so anyone with the stomach to watch the Republican presidential debates might doubt whether this is a “democracy-promotion” organization. But a look at some of their recent adventures is enough to set the record straight: in 2004, the IRI played a major role in overthrowing the democratically elected government of Haiti. In 2002, the head of the IRI publicly celebrated the short-lived military coup that overthrew the democratically elected government of Venezuela. The IRI was also working with organizations and individuals that were involved in the coup. In 2005, the IRI was involved in an effort to promote changes in Brazil’s electoral laws that would weaken the governing Workers’ Party of then President Lula da Silva.

--------------------

OMG!
Sadly, Chavez didn't take a bullet to the back of the head in 2002.

• Banned
Republicans now have a grievance against our former democratic allies. France, Germany, Great Britain, and other European democracies.

Republicans feel more comfortable with Authoritarians like Putin and the leaders of China and North Korea, Turkey, the Philippines of others of that ilk.

• Banned
I hope the GOP doesn't destroy our democracy before the next election.

‘International Republican Institute Not “Promoting Democracy”’

To no one’s surprise.

The IRI is clearly propagating the same failed conservative Cold War agenda: overthrow democratically elected government incorrectly perceived to be ‘leftist’ and replace them with brutal, anti-democratic rightist dictatorships.

Good job.

Smoke pot much ?

• Banned

Yeah, I mean Trump has been in the WH now for sixteen months and look how terrible things are.

ROTFLMAO
They are terrible.

A black person can't walk down the street without the fear of being murdered.

The US is no longer the leader of the free world.

Trump's thugs are ripping babies from the arms of their mothers and putting them in cages.

In October, we find out how many millions of Americans will lose healthcare next year.

The country is two trillion more in debt in just a year and a half.

More than 20 school shootings were someone has died so far this year.

What else will happen before the end of the year?

Yeah, I mean Trump has been in the WH now for sixteen months and look how terrible things are.

ROTFLMAO
They are terrible.

A black person can't walk down the street without the fear of being murdered.

The US is no longer the leader of the free world.

Trump's thugs are ripping babies from the arms of their mothers and putting them in cages.

In October, we find out how many millions of Americans will lose healthcare next year.

The country is two trillion more in debt in just a year and a half.

More than 20 school shootings were someone has died so far this year.

What else will happen before the end of the year?

When are you going to stop lying ?

You just can't help yourself ?

Black people walk down the street where I live....all the time. And none has been murdered and they don't seem think it will happen.

You type without lying.

Trumps "thugs" are obeying the law. That is the last thing Obama would think of doing.

More lying on your part.

Nobody has lost health care yet (except all those people who lost in under Obama...the rest can't afford to use what they have).

But that's terrible for Trump ????/

More bullshit.

The U.S. still leads the free world. In spite of your horseshit article which you can't help but post because you can never generate your own arguments (without lying).

School shootings are Trumps fault ?

More dogcrapp.

The debt has increased under Trump...that much is true...you are like 1 for 7.

Overall, you are massive liar. You have been for as long as you have been posting long before you changed your avatar. And you have continued.

The NDI or "National Democratic Institute" was established about the same time and funded by the same convoluted agency plus Australia, Belgium and Denmark for some reason. It's chaired by Madam Allbright and has the usual democrat suspects on the board of directors.

New Topics

Forum List

Back