American First

Schjeldahl-TheForgottenMan.jpg

I think that I am on topic. (All the different rules in various forums confuse this elderly member.)

In 2016, the "Travel" section of the liberal Los Angeles Times published a very sympathetic article about the plight of the people in those relocation camps.

Then it published some readers' letters the following week.

When I read two of those letters, I thought to myself: "Wow. The ____ is going to hit the fan!"

The next week, the publisher of the newspaper and the "Travel" section editor both humbly apologized for having published those letters, both of which opined that the detainees could have had it worse.

If you are interested in this matter, start by googling a December 18, 2016, article entitled "The Times regrets publishing letters about the …" (Since you all are Web-savvy people [I am NOT] you will be able to find the actual two letters somewhere on the Web, I assume.)

I think that contributors are often expected to express a personal opinion, not just report factual information.

So this is my opinion:

1. This is 2018. We cannot understand how people in the 1930s thought.
2. There WERE high officials who did oppose the internment plan.
3. It is incorrect to compare the current migrant children controversy to the relocation camps.
4. It is NOT helpful to use the term "concentration camp" (instead of "relocation camp"), for the average person immediately thinks of the death camps in Germany.

And you knew they were all flag waving Americans, right? ......

How do we know you are? Maybe we should throw your ass in an old horse stable just to be sure.

You could try...

Oh, if the US Army showed up at your door with an order from a scumbag president like fdr to remove you and your family and ship you all off to a concentration camp you would just scare them away with your badassness? Ok, hardo.

Have you mentioned the Japanese spies to your kids yet? .....

No Japanese Americans were convicted of sabotage or espionage through the duration of the war. Same can't be said of German Americans. FACT.

What do you mean? What choice?

Military Naturalization Unkotare

~S~

You’re making no sense. Most of the victims of fdr’s concentration camps were US citizens. They didn’t volunteer to become Americans, they volunteered BECAUSE they were Americans, and despite the racist anti-Americanism of that no-good, POS fdr.

Japanese Americans are not very good Americans other than they don't cause a lot of trouble. You don't see a lot of Japanese CEO's unless the company is from Japan. You don't see a lot of charities, entrepreneurs, actors, politicians, humanitarians, teachers, coaches, mentors, scientists, friends, neighbors....

This is why Americans were skeptical of Japanese Americans back then. We knew/know very little about them to this day. And from what we could see during the war, those fuckers were/are crazy. Stabbing themselves in the belly and comakazis.

First of all sealybobo you might excuse yourself Japanese style as you dishonor yourself and your family and society with your nitwit racist rant about Japanese Americans.

What do you mean? What choice?

Military Naturalization Unkotare

~S~

You’re making no sense. Most of the victims of fdr’s concentration camps were US citizens. They didn’t volunteer to become Americans, they volunteered BECAUSE they were Americans, and despite the racist anti-Americanism of that no-good, POS fdr.

Japanese Americans are not very good Americans other than they don't cause a lot of trouble. .....

Unlikely World War II Soldiers Awarded Nation’s Highest Honor

..... You don't see a lot of charities, entrepreneurs, actors, politicians, humanitarians, teachers, coaches, mentors, scientists, friends, neighbors..........

YOU don't see because YOU are an idiot.

Teach them how many Americans died because the Japanese thought was a good idea to attack us out of nowhere. Killing Americans was a Japanese mantra. .......

American citizens of Japanese ancestry did not attack Pearl Harbor and had no such mantra. You should have paid attention in school, or at least learned to think clearly.

American citizens of Ilamic ancestry didn't attack us 9/11 , yet they seem to be subjugated in every way,short of internment Ukotare

~S~

Uncotare has destroyed some of the admiration the 100bn and the 442 had built up, the hard way during the war. Still those GI's earned that admiration, and to let one person's whinings destroy that image is not fair to them.

Uncotare has destroyed some of the admiration the 100bn and the 442 had built up, the hard way during the war. Still those GI's earned that admiration, and to let one person's whinings destroy that image is not fair to them.

Again you have nothing but illogical nonsense.

American citizens of Ilamic ancestry didn't attack us 9/11 , yet they seem to be subjugated in every way,short of internment Ukotare

~S~

How so?

Racial profiling via sterotyping them all violent, state policy, institutionalized

Patriot Act, NSEERS, Countering Violent Extremism, travel bans, “See Something, Say Something” all target Islamics as potential homegrown radicals

~S~

Forum List

Back