America Is So Fucked...

This is true, but they (congress) are honest-to-god not listening.
I think you will be amazed at how attentive they will be as Nov. 2012 rolls around.

You think they'll change their talking points on our behalf?
I think the right is going have to soft pedal the spending cuts that they fought so hard for. Everyone is in favor of cutting government spending until they start seeing how it will effect them and their community.

Why? Because of the debt crisis? Because of lack of job growth? Credit rating downgrade?

Yeah, all of the above, but the main reason is because your political in fighting. You guys are so concerned about the win you don't give a shit about trying to fix this mess. Thread after thread on this board is "It's Obama's fault".."It's the right's fault"..The hatred is so deep and so bitter - and you give the loons like Bachmann and whoever her left-wing equivalent is, the time of day - that it going to sink your country.

And don't blame your politicians - reading on this board you guys are jsut as bad as them - you voted for them and you support them.

Of all the political systems I see from day-to-day - British, Aust., NZ, US - other European countries - the US is by far the worst for vitriol and partisanship. THIS is what is going to kill the American Empire in the end, NOT a credit downgrade, GFC...They are the symptoms, the partisan hackery is the cause...

The Problem is the system. The every 2 year election cycle, combined with 24 Hour News coverage and a 2 Party system. means Our so called leaders are always thinking in terms of what will get them, or their party, Votes in 2 years, and in terms of what the right, or most prudent thing to do is. Even if they themselves are not up for election they are pressured to think of the party.

Things like reforming SS and MC, can simply never happen under this system. You will never get enough of these hacks willing to risk losing their next election, to make the tough, but needed reforms, to keep those things solvent.

Despite the Masses saying they want less spending. It will always be painful Politically to actually start making cuts, you will be pissing someone off,and our candy ass eye on the next election leaders will never do it.

Why look at the attacks that are leveled at anyone who dares even talk about reforming SS, and MC.

I am telling you, we are fucked, unless we find a way to remove the constant 24/7 Campaign mode mentality in DC.

Period.

If we can't we might as well just pack it in and get the hell out now, cause when this fucker comes down it is not going to be pretty. were all going to be shocked just how fast it comes apart. Wont take much with 310 million people just 1 short week with no deliveries to the grocery store away from fighting in the streets for meat.

Last edited:
Why? Because of the debt crisis? Because of lack of job growth? Credit rating downgrade?

Yeah, all of the above, but the main reason is because your political in fighting. You guys are so concerned about the win you don't give a shit about trying to fix this mess. Thread after thread on this board is "It's Obama's fault".."It's the right's fault"..The hatred is so deep and so bitter - and you give the loons like Bachmann and whoever her left-wing equivalent is, the time of day - that it going to sink your country.

And don't blame your politicians - reading on this board you guys are jsut as bad as them - you voted for them and you support them.

Of all the political systems I see from day-to-day - British, Aust., NZ, US - other European countries - the US is by far the worst for vitriol and partisanship. THIS is what is going to kill the American Empire in the end, NOT a credit downgrade, GFC...They are the symptoms, the partisan hackery is the cause...

It is the rights fault. They love to say Democrats were against Bush. Only, after 9/11, Bush was the most popular president in American history. He became the worst because of GOP policies.

The GOP has never given Obama a chance. Even before he was sworn in they announced they wanted him to fail. No other president has been accused of so many conspiracies. Even after it was Obama who took out Bin Laden, still, the right accuses him of pandering to Middle Eastern terrorists. They throw everything they can at him non stop "praying" that something will stick.

As if that wasn't bad enough, their odious policies were doing a fine job of wrecking this country even before Obama began running for president.

I think you will be amazed at how attentive they will be as Nov. 2012 rolls around.

You think they'll change their talking points on our behalf?
I think the right is going have to soft pedal the spending cuts that they fought so hard for. Everyone is in favor of cutting government spending until they start seeing how it will effect them and their community.

For months now, they've seemed like "right fighters" to me, hence my hesitation at believing they will ever put this country ahead of their agenda.

The reason it is so bad is that each side thinks they can gain full power and run the entire show. They have no need to build coalitions and do not want to. Maybe we would be much better off with three or four parties rather than the two we have currently.

She has no credibility. She is a keyboard lawyer. She cannot argue a single thread. Every post that contradicts the idiocy she posts is responded to with snarky insults, or the best she can manage.

You are correct. The Dems offered no plans at all. T he only way any deal got done was cutting Obama out of the negotiations. Then at least the adults could talk. I didn't like the deal but Boehner was right: it was the best deal we were going to get.

Don't you get sick of her kicking your pathetic arse from pillar to post every time you cross her? You're a glutton for punishment, and a knob to boot.

oh, and your second paragraph? Thanks for reinforcing the OP...retard...

SHe's not going to blow you for sticking up for her. Weiner's already got that privilege.
Ding-dong.

Stop posting your wishful thinking fantasies online. You're not her type...

I certainly agree with your thinking, but not your certainty.

Look at the states Obama carried in 08. Think about Ohio, Florida, and Virginia. Is he going to carry them this time? No. PA? Iowa? Wisconsin? No, I don think so.
If Obama loses those states and carries the others he did last time, he is done. It will be an electoral landslide.

Another whiny bitch isle four this time.

Hi, you have received -358 reputation points from Dr Grump.
Reputation was given for this post.

Your forgot to add my comment "Whiner"...

Thanks for proving my point...whiner...:cool:

She has no credibility. She is a keyboard lawyer. She cannot argue a single thread. Every post that contradicts the idiocy she posts is responded to with snarky insults, or the best she can manage.

You are correct. The Dems offered no plans at all. T he only way any deal got done was cutting Obama out of the negotiations. Then at least the adults could talk. I didn't like the deal but Boehner was right: it was the best deal we were going to get.

Don't you get sick of her kicking your pathetic arse from pillar to post every time you cross her? You're a glutton for punishment, and a knob to boot.

oh, and your second paragraph? Thanks for reinforcing the OP...retard...

Now that I have done the opposite of what you were expecting is it safe to assume you will not be such a whiny bitch?

Um, you didn't. You whined in your post. That is exactly what I thought you would do Single Shot...

It is the rights fault. They love to say Democrats were against Bush. Only, after 9/11, Bush was the most popular president in American history. He became the worst because of GOP policies.

The GOP has never given Obama a chance. Even before he was sworn in they announced they wanted him to fail. No other president has been accused of so many conspiracies. Even after it was Obama who took out Bin Laden, still, the right accuses him of pandering to Middle Eastern terrorists. They throw everything they can at him non stop "praying" that something will stick.

As if that wasn't bad enough, their odious policies were doing a fine job of wrecking this country even before Obama began running for president.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but Obama should have cut a lot more with the debt ceiling deal. Dems think he capitulated. I'm no friend of conservative politics, but they were right on that one...he needed to cut more.Austerity is the only way out now for the US or it is seriously fucked...

I agree with a lot of what you say, but Obama should have cut a lot more with the debt ceiling deal. Dems think he capitulated. I'm no friend of conservative politics, but they were right on that one...he needed to cut more.Austerity is the only way out now for the US or it is seriously fucked...

As I recall, Obama wanted to cut $4 trillion, but Republicans walked away from it.

As I recall, Obama wanted to cut $4 trillion, but Republicans walked away from it.

True, but as I recall, the President also wanted to raise taxes and that was the deal killer.

FWIW, I am against raising taxes to cover overspending by Congress. OTOH, I think part of the problem, and therefore the solution, is to let the Bush temporary tax cuts expire until we dig ourselves out of the hole we've created. As a nation, we're drowning in a sea of debt. It will take a combination of cutting spending and allowing those tax cuts to refloat our economy.

True, but as I recall, the President also wanted to raise taxes and that was the deal killer.

FWIW, I am against raising taxes to cover overspending by Congress. OTOH, I think part of the problem, and therefore the solution, is to let the Bush temporary tax cuts expire until we dig ourselves out of the hole we've created. As a nation, we're drowning in a sea of debt. It will take a combination of cutting spending and allowing those tax cuts to refloat our economy.

Tax increases simply enable more spending, not less. There is not a case in this country where tax increases resulted in a balanced budget. Ask Pres George HW Bush.

Tax increases simply enable more spending, not less. There is not a case in this country where tax increases resulted in a balanced budget. Ask Pres George HW Bush.

Agreed in general. However, while many people love to use the Laffer Curve to justify lower taxes, they often forget that the Laffer Curve has two sides.

Laffer-curve-picture.jpg

True, but as I recall, the President also wanted to raise taxes and that was the deal killer.\.

why should it be the killer except that rightwing extremists wouldn't do what had to be done? cuts AND revenue are both necessary. the sense of entitlement the right has to the bush tax cuts is what makes them unreasonable. they wouldn't even close loopholes because of their fealty to ideology.....

and grover norquist.

Agreed in general. However, while many people love to use the Laffer Curve to justify lower taxes, they often forget that the Laffer Curve has two sides.

Laffer-curve-picture.jpg

The Laffer curve posits that there is an ideal level of taxation, which IIRC is about 18.5%. We are well above that rate now.

Here is where I disagree with you.

Our elections have been tampered with and there is a court documented evidence line to prove it.

How can you blame the American people when SOMEONE got certain politicians elected?

Last edited:

I have said it numerous time and again ... UNITED my ass!!!!
United we Stand ... Divided we FALL

The infighting between Jefferson and Hamilton supporters was every bit as bad, mate.

Know-nothings come and go on this side of the pond, and the political tone ebbs and flows like a tide.

The infighting between Jefferson and Hamilton supporters was over the U.S. allowing a central bank to issue it's currency or not. Hamilton was head of the treasury and a puppet of the European banking interest. Hamilton was able to push this through and in the end Aaron Burr killed him in a dual for being a traitor to the nation.

That central bank ended when it's charter wasn't renewed after 20 yrs. Now we have the Federal Reserve(A central bank), and because of it's power and influence they are able to manipulate media and create divisions we see today with the various political parties as a distraction of what they are really doing which is the dismantling of America to pave the way for world government, and of course a world central bank.

America is indeed fucked, and as long as we fight over stupid political babble we are only helping it to get fucked. Wake up America!!

Last edited:

Blow me.

Stop pointing fingers fuckwad.

I've been talking about this for over 3 years and you're just now talking about it.

I've got news for you. We sometimes don't have any control over the dumbasses in a free society.

sure you do... you can govern your OWN behavior.

So now I'm the one who caused a downgrade????

I've been trying to get people to wake up for years and unfortunately they won't listen. I was told before the 08 election by some on this site that I was wasting my breath. They were right.

What we need in Washington is more action and less useless rhetoric. It seems that the Dems only focus has been trying to raise our taxes and not look like that's what they've wanted all along.

They claimed that Obama was giving 95 percent of us a tax cut, which was a lie, and now they don't seem to mind that all he and the Dems want to do is raise our taxes after spending us into near bankruptcy. So many swallow their lies so easily. To be specific:

They claim that the economy is worse then they thought
They claim they only want to raise taxes on the rich
They claim that Bush is the cause of our current economic troubles
They claimed that there was no risk of a downgrade
They claimed that passing the Stimulus would create enough jobs to keep the unemployment rate below 8 percent
They claimed that they had "Shovel-ready jobs" ready to go with the Stimulus
They claim that the Tea Party is filled with racists and terrorists
They claimed that they won't rest until they create more jobs
They claim that the GOP is trying to kill old people, children, and push them out into the street just so they can pay for tax-cuts for the rich
They claimed that cutting spending is their number one goal
They claimed that Climate Change is man made
They claim that the GOP wants a default even though the only person in control of a possible default is the President
They claimed that Obamacare would cut health care costs which was it's only intended purpose in the first place
They are currently trying to put blame of the downgrade onto the Tea Party calling it "The Tea Party Downgrade" this morning on (John Kerry said it a few mins ago)

This from the very person that said this week we need to stop giving coverage to the Tea Party. He's talking on Meet the Depressed at this writing giving this practiced liar a facade of legitimacy.

If you were to put these people on a lie-detector they would be shocked into having a near heart-attack every time they open their mouths, but because of ideological differences you insist on believing in their BS.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back