Am I alone in thinking wikileaks is a GOOD thing?

Traitors for letting the public know what we are doing in Iraq and Afghanistan? I beg to differ.

beg away geraldo... should we just share all our plans with the enemy, or don't you think were at war.
what if the president of obama is tainted, what then. what if the leaks cause a death in someone's american family?

Liberty can't always be secured without blood. I see the alternative as having a government that operates too much under the wraps to be held accountable by its people, and this can lead to a government that doesn't stand for the people but for a few powerful individuals holding the nuclear football codes.

And if Obama was tainted, I would think these leaks would be the best way of letting the people know that we have a problem right at the head of the state.

so you want assange to carry the football ? that's the way it was set up. we had severe leaks from the manhattan project, changed the world. it doesn't help our cause to know everything. i don't want to know anything. freedom of speech doesn't include causing harm to our troops. we have to have faith in our leaders, including obama.

At least these Wikileak documents show how our Government really works and how it doesn't really matter whether it's a Democrat or a Republican in there.
This is why it's a good thing.

What doesn't kill ya, makes you stronger.

that's pretty fast and loose with someone elses life and the freedom you have. if you think assanges "goal" was to "embarrass the u.s." and cause u.s. deaths... i want him dead.

Last edited:
causing harm to our troops.
Newsflash: The troops are in harm's way. Every day. Anyway. I don't buy the emotional argument, the "protect the troops" mantra. It doesn't wash. They are in danger -- 24/7/365.

However, like I said the leaker, the kid who copied the information to the disks and sold them? Should be prosecuted.

Wikileaks should be left alone and held harmless.

At least these Wikileak documents show how our Government really works and how it doesn't really matter whether it's a Democrat or a Republican in there.
This is why it's a good thing.

What doesn't kill ya, makes you stronger.

that's pretty fast and loose with someone elses life and the freedom you have. if you think assanges "goal" was to embarrass the u.s. and cause u.s. deaths... i want him dead.
I don't think that's his goal, and in fact don't care what his goal is.

And I sent him $1,000, with my thanks.

Why did Hillary Clinton order Diplomats to spy on UN Members? Documents show her even ordering DNA samples. This one seems especially weird. What's going on with this Administration and the UN? Weird stuff.

Why did Hillary Clinton order Diplomats to spy on UN Members? Documents show her even ordering DNA samples. This one seems especially weird. What's going on with this Administration and the UN? Weird stuff.
Checking the UN Secretary General's frequent flyer miles with American Airlines and stuff.... What's up with that?

Not sure i would call Wikileaks a "Good Thing" but you are right about our American Press abandoning their role as Watchdog. The MSM is way too cozy with both political parties.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....so, as-long-as the media is expected to supposrt your agenda, they're the MSM!

BUT.....if they conflict with your agenda, they're the LSM, right?? :eusa_eh:

And.....if they don't talk 'MERICAN, they don't really count, ANYhow.....right??? :eusa_eh:

If you go to a Bank and one of the employees intentionally leaves the vault open because they are disgruntled, is it OK for you to steal the money?? That is exactly what happened with Wikileaks.

Wikileaks crossed the line.

you're not alone, Maurader. I wish there was a more formal way to screen these before release, but that would of course destroy the whole idea.

Given this unfettered release or no release at all, I'll certainly take the unfettered release. More transparency = better governance.

They were screened before release. All the news agencies that got advanced copies coordinated with the DOD and the WH via the NYT and agreed to redactions. Wiki itself participated in these redactions as well as imposing their own before advanced copies were forwarded.

The leaks were sanitized by the US government before release.

Oh, thanks. I don't know if that makes me feel better or not;)

Checking the UN Secretary General's frequent flyer miles with American Airlines and stuff.... What's up with that?

Yea she also ordered Credit Card information. The DNA sample thing is pretty damn bizarre. She ordered Diplomats to try and get these DNA samples by any means. This stuff gets more bizarre by the day. I can see why this White House is freaking out so much. I think there is much more weirdness to come.

I find what they do really damaging. If the information is legitimate it should be released to the proper Authority, and investigated. There is no excuse for releasing Classified Information.

I agree. Anyone who hasn't considered the real implications of such leaks is clearly an idiot. The damage to our ability to share confidential information with other countries has been severely damaged.... that alone could lead to more terrorist attacks. What country is going to share information with us now? Seriously.

Everyone involved should be charged with treason and, when convicted, should face the DP.

The shit stain in office promised he was going to change peoples/countries views of America ...

Yeah....the last thing we need is weird-stuff goin' on.

323.png

hillary looks very presidential as i watch, i'm really glad we have her. i think she may be president one day, talk about qualified, she is like obama's not.

I would agree with you if they were more responsible about what they did. They shouldn't be releasing raw data into the wild. Names of Iraqis that helped Americans..names of troops and the like put real live people in danger.

WHAT THE F??????? :wtf:

I agree with Sallow!!!! I agree with Sallow 100%! :wtf::wtf:

I find what they do really damaging. If the information is legitimate it should be released to the proper Authority, and investigated. There is no excuse for releasing Classified Information.

I agree. Anyone who hasn't considered the real implications of such leaks is clearly an idiot. The damage to our ability to share confidential information with other countries has been severely damaged.... that alone could lead to more terrorist attacks. What country is going to share information with us now? Seriously.

Everyone involved should be charged with treason and, when convicted, should face the DP.

The shit stain in office promised he was going to change peoples/countries views of America ...

Mot people really are just sheep in the end. A deal was clearly cut between Wikileaks and Governments. Why did they only release the documents to certain Media Outlets? These Media Outlets will clearly censor and cherry pick before releasing. Do you really think the NY Times is going to release all the documents to the public? That just ain't gonna happen folks.

Wikileaks likely worked out a deal with the Governments involved. If the documents were released to all Media Outlets,i might buy into it a bit more. This will all be much ado about nothing in the end anyway. The Cable News Channels will obesess over it for a couple days and then it will simply fade away. People just don't care for the most part. It doesn't affect their lives in any way. So enjoy this story while you still can because it wont be a story in a couple of days.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back