Am I alone in thinking wikileaks is a GOOD thing?

If the information is SO sensitive and potentially damaging, how the fuck is it that a PRIVATE had access? Security clearance at such levels should be restricted to COMMISSIONED OFFICERS at the very least.

It's the government folks, not wikileaks. Yes, the military leaker should be prosecuted. But we should not be blaming wikileaks for what they do with information THEY SHOULD NEVER HAVE.

My $1,000 I sent them is small, but every penny counts.

It's wikileaks. And it's anyone else who passed the information along. They are all traitors to our country. I'm dumbfounded that anyone thinks committing treason against our nation is ok.
Wikileaks isn't a traitor, the dude isn't an American, to start with.

The service member who obtained and leaked the material? Yes, a traitor right there and should be treated as such. The idiots who failed to monitor him should get the Article 32 as well.

But it stops there. Otherwise? You get a good excuse now for the government to do what? Oh yeah, what they want to do. Seize and control the internet.

Think.

I don't care... as far as I am concerned, wikileaks put the lives of US troops and US citizens around the world in danger. So, If the US gov killed them, I'd be ok with it. I am, after all, one of those Americans abroad. And... I have friends and family in war zones.

I don't care... as far as I am concerned, wikileaks put the lives of US troops and US citizens around the world in danger. So, If the US gov killed them, I'd be ok with it. I am, after all, one of those Americans abroad. And... I have friends and family in war zones.

Weird, I thought it was Congress when they voted yes for the Afghanistan and later Iraq War along with the American people who continue to support congressmen and congresswomen who fund the war are putting US troops in danger by putting them in dangerous zones. But all along, it was wikileaks fault. Who knew? And U.S troops around the world weren't in danger in the first place as according to your conclusion, amazing.

It's wikileaks. And it's anyone else who passed the information along. They are all traitors to our country. I'm dumbfounded that anyone thinks committing treason against our nation is ok.
Wikileaks isn't a traitor, the dude isn't an American, to start with.

The service member who obtained and leaked the material? Yes, a traitor right there and should be treated as such. The idiots who failed to monitor him should get the Article 32 as well.

But it stops there. Otherwise? You get a good excuse now for the government to do what? Oh yeah, what they want to do. Seize and control the internet.

Think.

I don't care...
Obviously. Because you're not bothering to actually think about this.

It's OUR GOVERNMENT who failed to safeguard this information.

Your emotions running away with you on this has completely shut down your cognitive process. You should be angry that OUR GOVERNMENT let this information out, NOT angry at the publisher. The UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT put the lives of US troops and US citizens around the world in danger. NOT wikileaks.

And actually, that case is grossly overstated and exaggerated, as the article above details and my own lengthy searches of the wikileaks site confirms.

Aren't you blame shifting there, Sallow? Intense? The US Government should SAFEGUARD such information. They should be much more careful who gets access.

We shoot the messenger now? It's hardly wikileaks fault that the information was obtained.

Never heard these complaints about the Pentagon Papers, for example.

The U.S. government's lapses don't justify releasing information which compromises the country's intelligence gathering efforts.

I doubt Ernie Pyle would approve.

It's OUR GOVERNMENT who failed to safeguard this information.

Again, someone else's failure or incompetency doesn't void one's system of ethics.

If my neighbor forget to close his garage door, I am not justified in stealing his bicycle.

Aren't you blame shifting there, Sallow? Intense? The US Government should SAFEGUARD such information. They should be much more careful who gets access.

We shoot the messenger now? It's hardly wikileaks fault that the information was obtained.

The U.S. government's lapses don't justify releasing information which compromises the country's intelligence gathering efforts.

As soon as you find any such on the wikileaks site, please let me know. I have tried very hard to find names, and other details that have been widely reported, on the site. It's simply not there.

I'll wait.

Meanwhile, understand that it's the GOVERNMENT who failed to secure this information, therefore it's the GOVERNMENT who did any "compromising."

You wish to blame wikileaks? How silly and infantile.

Who was in charge of safeguarding the information?
Actually I blame the people that gave the information to wikileaks.
Very good. We agree.
It appears not since you are blaming the government.

The fact is anyone with half a brain knows Iraq was a mistake and the handling of Afghanistan was as well. We have no need to know the information leaked.

You want the government to go after wikileaks and shut them down, jail its purveyor? Fine. But does it stop there? How about when it goes after FNC, CNN, the NYT, and other news sources?

You really want to give them this precedent? This window to further power?

The information was insecure.

If this low level clerk could so easily get his hands on it then it was out in the ether.

Do you really think this is the first time the secret services of other countries have seen this info?

Bullshit, this kid did the US a favor by exposing to us citizens how lightly our government is treating classified info.

Computors are NOT secure folks and info should NOT be on them.

If you think your private info is safe in a computor then you are a fool.

Last edited:

As soon as you find any such on the wikileaks site, please let me know. I have tried very hard to find names, and other details that have been widely reported, on the site. It's simply not there.

I'll wait.

Meanwhile, understand that it's the GOVERNMENT who failed to secure this information, therefore it's the GOVERNMENT who did any "compromising."

There are 250,000 docs in the new release.

Think of the fear that is now going through the minds of people in Iraq and Afghanistan who have helped the Americans. This leak is a Big Chill over future cooperation.

How are they traitors? Julian isn't American, what loyalty does he have to this nation?

Also:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...be-overstating-the-danger-from-wikileaks.html

Personally the US Government should have acted against wiki leaks. The person releasing classified information is a criminal and should be treated as such, EVERYONE associated with wiki links should be hounded and arrested if they ever set foot on American soil. We should request extradition and when it is refused treated the Country refusing as not our ally.

I'll wait.

Think of the fear that is now going through the minds of people in Iraq and Afghanistan who have helped the Americans. This leak is a Big Chill over future cooperation.
Ouch! We agree.

And MM...it was not the government that leaked the information to wikileaks.

Hmmm...it appears that the First Seal has opened.

How are they traitors? Julian isn't American, what loyalty does he have to this nation?

Also:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...be-overstating-the-danger-from-wikileaks.html

Personally the US Government should have acted against wiki leaks. The person releasing classified information is a criminal and should be treated as such, EVERYONE associated with wiki links should be hounded and arrested if they ever set foot on American soil. We should request extradition and when it is refused treated the Country refusing as not our ally.

In the James Bond Universe, Julian Assange would now be dead.

Also:

You want the government to go after wikileaks and shut them down, jail its purveyor? Fine. But does it stop there? How about when it goes after FNC, CNN, the NYT, and other news sources?

You really want to give them this precedent? This window to further power?

I'd have rather seen Wiki Leaks work with the Pentagon and State Department to ensure that truly sensative materials that could but folks at risk be redacted, but over all I support them.

A long long time ago the Press actively worked to keep the US Government in line. The Front Page was a powerful weapon that could be levied at corrupt politicians and unethical practices by our own government. But not anymore. The press, one of the great checks on government, abdicated that role. I'm glad to see the rise of bloggers and things like Wiki Leaks to actively check the government.

Where the law was broken, then people should be punished. Where lives were endangered, legal action should follow. But I can't honestly say I'm angry or upset that the information is out there now. This is stuff we the people should know about our Government.

With everything searchable in detail. There's simply NONE of the reported names, details, etc. Lots of stuff in the docs are redacted. The government and the press is LYING, again.
Yes, think of it, then blame the actor(s) responsible for the information getting out of Pentagon computers.
And MM...it was not the government that leaked the information to wikileaks.
Yes, it was. It was a US Serviceman. And it was OUR GOVERNMENT who gave the fucker top secret clearance.

Therefore, it WAS or government who allowed the information out.

he shamelessly used a kid to promote his america hating agenda. enemy of the state, he should be tried and subsequently whacked

If the information is SO sensitive and potentially damaging, how the fuck is it that a PRIVATE had access? Security clearance at such levels should be restricted to COMMISSIONED OFFICERS at the very least.

It's the government folks, not wikileaks. Yes, the military leaker should be prosecuted. But we should not be blaming wikileaks for what they do with information THEY SHOULD NEVER HAVE.

My $1,000 I sent them is small, but every penny counts.

They are not traitors but patriots.

If you dont want to be exposed for talking trash. Then dont run your mouth.

Forum List

Back