Am I alone in thinking wikileaks is a GOOD thing?

Wikileaks crossed the line and should be prosecuted and shut down.
You want the government to go after wikileaks and shut them down, jail its purveyor? Fine. But does it stop there? How about when it goes after FNC, CNN, the NYT, and other news sources? You really want to give them this precedent? This window to further power? Are you INSANE?

If you go to a Bank and one of the employees intentionally leaves the vault open because they are disgruntled, is it OK for you to steal the money?? That is exactly what happened with Wikileaks. Wikileaks crossed the line and should be prosecuted and shut down.

I'm sure if Wiki was publishing Credit Card or Banking Information, the skeptics would see it differently.
Still no crime committed.

The real crime is that the U.S. government is gathering that kind of information in the first place.

Ordering spying on UN Members may be a crime. Nothing will likely come of it though because i think the deals have already been sealed. I would say this Wikileaks guy cut a lot of deals with Governments and Media on this. We're not getting the whole ugly truth. I seriously doubt the NY Times is going to release anything too damaging to this White House or especially Hillary Clinton. They've been in the tank for the Democrats for many many years. If a Republican were in there right now,i'm pretty sure the NY Times would be handling this much differently. They would be all over the Administration. We've been duped by them all once again. It's sad but it is what it is.

I'm sure if Wiki was publishing Credit Card or Banking Information, the skeptics would see it differently.

The real crime is that the U.S. government is gathering that kind of information in the first place.
In all honesty, I really don't care what information we gather, or even really, how we gather it.

I DO care about keeping it secure. THAT is what people should be pissed about.

Ordering spying on UN Members may be a crime. Nothing will likely come of it though because i think the deals have already been sealed. I would say this Wikileaks guy cut a lot of deals with Governments and Media on this. We're not getting the whole ugly truth. I seriously doubt the NY Times is going to release anything too damaging to this White House or especially Hillary Clinton. They've been in the tank for the Democrats for many many years. If a Republican were in there right now,i'm pretty sure the NY Times would be handling this much differently. They would be all over the Administration. We've been duped by them all once again. It's sad but it is what it is.
We just..... Gotta find a way to blame it all on BOOOOOOSH! That's the real ticket!

Oh yeah and, the NYT failed to publish the Hillary stuff, don'tcha know. Small surprise.

You know what? I'm just gonna say it...I'm with you Midnight. I agree,Wikileaks is a GOOD thing. Thanks for the great post. :)

Wikileaks crossed the line and should be prosecuted and shut down.
You want the government to go after wikileaks and shut them down, jail its purveyor? Fine. But does it stop there? How about when it goes after FNC, CNN, the NYT, and other news sources? You really want to give them this precedent? This window to further power? Are you INSANE?

Let me get this straight.

Homeland Security now has the power to shut down Without Due Process sites that might be a conduit for illegal downloads of music and movies (they have already shut down at least 75 such domains), but the government should just stand around tsk tsking over a known breach of highly confidential national security documents?

Got that.

Violating the copyrights of Rap Songs is a much much more serious national security risk than 250,000 + documents which reveal our deepest darkest intelligence efforts.

Now, if the latter includes Area 51 stuff, that might be okay. But I doubt it does.

We just..... Gotta find a way to blame it all on BOOOOOOSH! That's the real ticket!

Oh yeah and, the NYT failed to publish the Hillary stuff, don'tcha know. Small surprise.

When i saw that Wikileaks released the documents to only certain Media Outlets,i immediately knew we were being duped. The guy worked out a deal with the Governments involved and the Media. Does anyone really believe the NY Times is going to tell the whole ugly truth with a Democrat in there? It just isn't going to happen. They will release certain documents that wont damage this Administration or especially Hillary Clinton. Now if a Republican were in there,the NY Times would be going for the jugular. It's just another scam in the end. The deals have been sealed.

You know what? I'm just gonna say it...I'm with you Midnight. I agree,Wikileaks is a GOOD thing. Thanks for the great post. :)
I mean, it just is what it is. Once we blame the proper actor, it all becomes quite clear.

They wanna pat down 4 year-olds and feel up granny, but they don't bother searching personnel for, I don't know, DISKS maybe, at sensitive duty stations? Gimme a break.

They can howl all day and night about evil wikileaks, but what is being done about the FUCKING SECURITY BREACH?

In all honesty, I really don't care what information we gather, or even really, how we gather it.

I disagree. The U.S. government has no right to people's credit card numbers or bank information, and telling diplomats to procure that information is a crime. I don't want my government involved in crimes, and if they are involved in crimes then that information should be made public and broadcast everywhere so that we know who is involved.

I disagree. The U.S. government has no right to people's credit card numbers or bank information, and telling diplomats to procure that information is a crime. I don't want my government involved in crimes, and if they are involved in crimes then that information should be made public and broadcast everywhere so that we know who is involved.
First of all, where did credit cards and banking information get into this? Oh yeah, from a previous straw man argument.

So there ya go.

First of all, where did credit cards and banking information get into this? Oh yeah, from a previous straw man argument.

So there ya go.

"Diplomats as spies: As part of an intelligence gathering effort, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in 2009 ordered diplomats overseas and at the U.N. to collect personal information on foreign officials including credit card and frequent flier numbers and biometric information."

The 10 most important WikiLeaks revelations - WikiLeaks - Salon.com

Not a strawman at all.

So there ya go.

"Diplomats as spies: As part of an intelligence gathering effort, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in 2009 ordered diplomats overseas and at the U.N. to collect personal information on foreign officials including credit card and frequent flier numbers and biometric information."

Not a strawman at all.
We regularly seize and freeze bank accounts and holdings of citizens, and of foreign nationals. The IRS does it all the time. I never use any banks, can't imagine why anyone would. You have NO expectation of privacy from the government there.

Aren't Left Wingers pushing that International Law stuff on us all the time? I wonder if they will still be pushing that if they go after Hillary Clinton. Getting caught spying on UN Members may be a violation of International Law. Stay tuned i guess.

Just to be devil's advocate...

How can one believe all the information that can be found on Wikileaks any more than they can believe the information that can be found on MSNBC, FoxNews, CNN, Breitbart, or HuffPo?

Who's to say that Wikileaks is not an organization run by a foreigner who wants the United States to look bad, and thus makes up "documentation" proving such?

How can one believe all the information that can be found on Wikileaks any more than they can believe the information that can be found on MSNBC, FoxNews, CNN, Breitbart, or HuffPo?

Who's to say that Wikileaks is not an organization run by a foreigner who wants the United States to look bad, and thus makes up "documentation" proving such?
You'd think that charge would already be out there, were it true.

However it's just the opposite, our own government's admitting the documents are valid.

Next!

So there ya go.

Not a strawman at all.
We regularly seize and freeze bank accounts and holdings of citizens, and of foreign nationals. The IRS does it all the time. I never use any banks, can't imagine why anyone would. You have NO expectation of privacy from the government there.

Well that's another discussion, but the point is that the government told it's diplomats to spy on the credit card information, banking information, etc... etc... And there most certainly is an expectation of privacy from the government, especially when you're not an American citizen.

Because we're (our Government) not even in denial about it.

You'd think that charge would already be out there, were it true.

However it's just the opposite, our own government's admitting the documents are valid.

Next!

Thank you.

Forum List

Back