Am I alone in thinking wikileaks is a GOOD thing?

you're not alone, Maurader. I wish there was a more formal way to screen these before release, but that would of course destroy the whole idea.

Given this unfettered release or no release at all, I'll certainly take the unfettered release. More transparency = better governance.

you're not alone, Maurader. I wish there was a more formal way to screen these before release, but that would of course destroy the whole idea.

Given this unfettered release or no release at all, I'll certainly take the unfettered release. More transparency = better governance.
It wasn't "unfettered." Contrary to the lies from the government and the lapdog media, there's alot of redacted stuff in these files.

Wikileaks actually went through them all pover the months, and DID redact names, etc.

The Fourth Estate has become the Fifth Column, nobody's watch-dogging our government.... This makes them not only careless but also more corrupt. Wikileaks is providing a valuable service that the US Press abandoned. I have donated and I urge everyone else to do so.

Cuss and discuss.....

Well, me being the power-to-the-people sort who has been concerned with how our taxpayer dollars are being spent on this war, I am inclined to support this post 110 percent. And that doesn't happen often between the two of us, LoM.

It wasn't "unfettered." Contrary to the lies from the government and the lapdog media, there's alot of redacted stuff in these files.

Wikileaks actually went through them all pover the months, and DID redact names, etc.

Indeed. "unfettered" was a poor choice of words. More precisely, Wikileaks was the sole jury on what should / should not be released. In a perfect world, I'd prefer more checks on that. However, there's no reasonable way to create those checks without getting government involved and therefore I'd prefer the release as it was instead of no release at all.

Aren't you blame shifting there, Sallow? Intense? The US Government should SAFEGUARD such information. They should be much more careful who gets access.

We shoot the messenger now? It's hardly wikileaks fault that the information was obtained.

Never heard these complaints about the Pentagon Papers, for example.
There was a draft in place then. It makes a bit of a difference.
To WHO???? :eusa_eh:

Everyone who was being killed, there, was considered expendable.​

I want the fucking sensitive information SECURE from now on. We're hearing nothing at all about what if anything is being done in this arena.

Everyone who has security clearance needs to go through the AUDIT/REVIEW FROM HELL, and security needs to be UPGRADED in all sensitive facilities.

THINK about it -- citizens are subject to full body scans and sexual assault pat-downs just because they wanna fly to Newark to visit Aunt Bee for the holidays, but a LOW RANK enlisted man can enter his cubicle at his highly sensitive duty station, carrying blank CD-RW disks, passing them off as music mixes -- then COPYING files!

THIS is what you all should be livid about! Get a brain cell working!
I agree. We're keeping women in the special screening area for hours over a bottle of breast milk and yet WikiLeaks can produce this. Something with our security priorities are amiss.

If the information is SO sensitive and potentially damaging, how the fuck is it that a PRIVATE had access? Security clearance at such levels should be restricted to COMMISSIONED OFFICERS at the very least.

It's the government folks, not wikileaks. Yes, the military leaker should be prosecuted. But we should not be blaming wikileaks for what they do with information THEY SHOULD NEVER HAVE.

My $1,000 I sent them is small, but every penny counts.

It's wikileaks. And it's anyone else who passed the information along. They are all traitors to our country. I'm dumbfounded that anyone thinks committing treason against our nation is ok.
Traitors for letting the public know what we are doing in Iraq and Afghanistan? I beg to differ.

They were screened before release. All the news agencies that got advanced copies coordinated with the DOD and the WH via the NYT and agreed to redactions. Wiki itself participated in these redactions as well as imposing their own before advanced copies were forwarded.

The leaks were sanitized by the US government before release.

The Fourth Estate has become the Fifth Column, nobody's watch-dogging our government.... This makes them not only careless but also more corrupt. Wikileaks is providing a valuable service that the US Press abandoned. I have donated and I urge everyone else to do so.

Cuss and discuss.....

The only usefulness I comprehend is that these leaks will force a new and improved system of security and confidentiality by our government. We have to stay one step ahead of those that would trespass and report to the world, the actions of our classified government, for better or for worse. Let our actions stand alone and speak for themselves.

Last edited:
Aren't you blame shifting there, Sallow? Intense? The US Government should SAFEGUARD such information. They should be much more careful who gets access.

We shoot the messenger now? It's hardly wikileaks fault that the information was obtained.

Never heard these complaints about the Pentagon Papers, for example.
There was a draft in place then. It makes a bit of a difference.
To WHO???? :eusa_eh:

Everyone who was being killed, there, was considered expendable.​

we could shoot a few messengers...

This information was NO doubt already in the hands of other nations because of the governments shitty security.

If the information is SO sensitive and potentially damaging, how the fuck is it that a PRIVATE had access? Security clearance at such levels should be restricted to COMMISSIONED OFFICERS at the very least.

It's the government folks, not wikileaks. Yes, the military leaker should be prosecuted. But we should not be blaming wikileaks for what they do with information THEY SHOULD NEVER HAVE.

My $1,000 I sent them is small, but every penny counts.

It's wikileaks. And it's anyone else who passed the information along. They are all traitors to our country. I'm dumbfounded that anyone thinks committing treason against our nation is ok.
Traitors for letting the public know what we are doing in Iraq and Afghanistan? I beg to differ.

beg away geraldo... should we just share all our plans with the enemy, or don't you think were at war.
what if the president of obama is tainted, what then. what if the leaks cause a death in someone's american family?

Cuss and discuss.....

The only usefulness I comprehend is that these leaks will force a new and improved system of security and confidentiality by our government.
Will it? We've heard NOTHING on that yet!

I want the sensitive information SECURE from now on. We're hearing nothing at all about what if anything is being done in this arena.

Everyone who has security clearance needs to go through the AUDIT/REVIEW FROM HELL, and security needs to be UPGRADED in all sensitive facilities.

THINK about it -- citizens are subject to full body scans and sexual assault pat-downs just because they wanna fly to Newark to visit Aunt Bee for the holidays, but a LOW RANK enlisted man can enter his cubicle at his highly sensitive duty station, carrying blank CD-RW disks, passing them off as music mixes -- then COPYING files!

THIS is what we should be livid about! And we should be THANKING wikileaks.

I did, and sent them $1,000 to boot!

beg away geraldo... should we just share all our plans with the enemy, or don't you think were at war.
what if the president of obama is tainted, what then. what if the leaks cause a death in someone's american family?

Liberty can't always be secured without blood. I see the alternative as having a government that operates too much under the wraps to be held accountable by its people, and this can lead to a government that doesn't stand for the people but for a few powerful individuals holding the nuclear football codes.

And if Obama was tainted, I would think these leaks would be the best way of letting the people know that we have a problem right at the head of the state.

I want the fucking sensitive information SECURE from now on. We're hearing nothing at all about what if anything is being done in this arena.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm....."sensitive"-info, huh?

You mean embarrassing-info??? :eusa_eh:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQnLfFxnwcg[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bqvLErbfKY[/ame]​

No, hack. I don't care who might be embarrassed. If information is secure and requires clearance to access, I don't want some schmoe to be able to copy the shit onto disks, walk out with them, then sell them.

Really simple.

Not sure i would call Wikileaks a "Good Thing" but you are right about our American Press abandoning their role as Watchdog. The MSM is way too cozy with both political parties. I read somewhere last week that this current President has weekly meetings with HuffPo and MSNBC employees. This is a very disturbing trend in the MSM. Most in the MSM do lean far Left though. So it seems the MSM pretends to be Watchdogs only when the Republicans are in power. When the Democrats are in power,MSM Outlets like the NY Times,CNN,and NBC are mere Lapdogs.

At least these Wikileak documents show how our Government really works and how it doesn't really matter whether it's a Democrat or a Republican in there. I was just reading about Hillary Clinton ordering spying on UN Members. I have to admit even i'm a little surprised by that one. I'm not prepared to call Wikileaks a "Good Thing" but you did nail the MSM with your assessment. Thanks.

Last edited:

No, hack. I don't care who might be embarrassed. If information is secure and requires clearance to access, I don't want some schmoe to be able to copy the shit onto disks, walk out with them, then sell them.

Really simple.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....after ALL.....how can U.S. residents POSSIBLY maintain their perpetual-mantra of:

"WHY DO THEY HATE US?????"

.....if people are capable of EXPOSING why "they hate us"??!!!!

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back