Am I alone in thinking wikileaks is a GOOD thing?

What I'm seeing is that people are upset and worried that they're releasing confidential material from the government, but shouldn't we be more worried about the things that the government is doing in our names? Personally, if the government is lying and or doing something wrong then I want to know about it classified or not. So yes, I believe WikiLeaks is a good thing.

"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than to lie. I believe that it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe that it is better to know than be ignorant." - H.L. Mencken

Not sure i would call Wikileaks a "Good Thing" but you are right about our American Press abandoning their role as Watchdog. The MSM is way too cozy with both political parties. I read somewhere last week that this current President has weekly meetings with HuffPo and MSNBC employees. This is a very disturbing trend in the MSM. Most in the MSM do lean far Left though. So it seems the MSM pretends to be Watchdogs only when the Republicans are in power. When the Democrats are in power,MSM Outlets like the NY Times,CNN,and NBC are mere Lapdogs.
.....While FAUX Noise tackles the BIG ISSUES o'-the-day!!!!

529.gif

I stand by my take on the MSM. MSM Outlets like the NY Times,CNN,and NBC only pretend to be Watchdogs when the Republicans are in power. When the Democrats are in power,these same MSM Outlets are Lapdogs. It's sad but it is what it is.

So I've spent this morning reading up on the information that wikileaks released and news stories that have been giving summaries of the leaked cables and from what I've seen so far it is nothing but members of our State Dept. calling other leaders idiots. With the exception of a few more serious ones like Hillary Clinton breaking international law by ordering espionage on foreign leaders at the UN and info regarding nuclear proliferation.

But what I havn't seen so far is any big smoking gun or explosive scandel involving the Bush Admin. Any one else? ...just curious.

I thought the right wingers wanted transparency. Now they are bitching because we can see their nude asses on display. I think it is a good thing, and a great service wl is providing the people of America. Who would have thought the rightwingers would ever be correct on an issue like transparency?

So I've spent this morning reading up on the information that wikileaks released and news stories that have been giving summaries of the leaked cables and from what I've seen so far it is nothing but members of our State Dept. calling other leaders idiots. With the exception of a few more serious ones like Hillary Clinton breaking international law by ordering espionage on foreign leaders at the UN and info regarding nuclear proliferation.

But what I havn't seen so far is any big smoking gun or explosive scandel involving the Bush Admin. Any one else? ...just curious.

Yea i think the Clinton spying stuff is easily the most shocking thing with these leaks. She may have broken the Law. Look for the corrupt Liberal MSM to try and spin things in her favor though. Now if she had an 'R' by her name?...The same Liberal MSM would already be frying her. It's the same ole same ole with them. It is interesting though so stay tuned.

I thought the right wingers wanted transparency. Now they are bitching because we can see their nude asses on display. I think it is a good thing, and a great service wl is providing the people of America. Who would have thought the rightwingers would ever be correct on an issue like transparency?

WTF are you talking about? This is not "Transparency." They got busted. That's why they call it a Leak. Do you really believe Hillary Clinton herself released the documents showing her ordering spying on UN Members? Man if you believe that you're even more deranged than i thought. They got busted. There is no Transparency here.

better check sandy berger's pants. the hillary papers are awesome... poetic justice.

Last edited:
:confused: It is totally different. People were being forced to die for some stupidity.

Either way, it is not the government's fault that people engage in potentially traitorous actions. Do you blame rape victims also? :cuckoo:
You wish to blame wikileaks? How silly and infantile.

Who was in charge of safeguarding the information?
Actually I blame the people that gave the information to wikileaks.

I blame him/them for giving the information.

I absolutely blame wikileaks for publishing the information.

If you go to a Bank and one of the employees intentionally leaves the vault open because they are disgruntled, is it OK for you to steal the money?? That is exactly what happened with Wikileaks. Wikileaks crossed the line and should be prosecuted and shut down.

Aren't you blame shifting there, Sallow? Intense? The US Government should SAFEGUARD such information. They should be much more careful who gets access.

We shoot the messenger now? It's hardly wikileaks fault that the information was obtained.

Never heard these complaints about the Pentagon Papers, for example.

The person or persons responsible for the leaks should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Wiki should either conform and cooperate with the Federal Government or be cut out of all access into the US. There is no excuse for what happened here. there is no blame shifting.

Yea i think the Clinton spying stuff is easily the most shocking thing with these leaks. She may have broken the Law. Look for the corrupt Liberal MSM to try and spin things in her favor though. Now if she had an 'R' by her name?...The same Liberal MSM would already be frying her. It's the same ole same ole with them. It is interesting though so stay tuned.

You mean Clinton and Condi. And this isn't even news, this was revealed 4 years ago. Nobody seemed to care a whole lot then either. Sure EUpean diplomats were a little miffed, but nobody vacated an embassy over it.

If you go to a Bank and one of the employees intentionally leaves the vault open because they are disgruntled, is it OK for you to steal the money?? That is exactly what happened with Wikileaks.

Wikileaks crossed the line.
You still have some straw on you from erecting that. Be more careful in the future.

That's about it, but what do you expect since the WH vetted and approved this leak?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/29/world/29editornote.html?_r=1

A Note to Readers: The Decision to Publish Diplomatic Documents

The New York Times and a number of publications in Europe were given access to the material several weeks ago and agreed to begin publication of articles based on the cables online on Sunday. ...

The Times has taken care to exclude, in its articles and in supplementary material, in print and online, information that would endanger confidential informants or compromise national security. The Times’s redactions were shared with other news organizations and communicated to WikiLeaks, in the hope that they would similarly edit the documents they planned to post online.

After its own redactions, The Times sent Obama administration officials the cables it planned to post and invited them to challenge publication of any information that, in the official view, would harm the national interest. After reviewing the cables, the officials — while making clear they condemn the publication of secret material — suggested additional redactions. The Times agreed to some, but not all. The Times is forwarding the administration’s concerns to other news organizations and, at the suggestion of the State Department, to WikiLeaks itself. In all, The Times plans to post on its Web site the text of about 100 cables — some edited, some in full — that illuminate aspects of American foreign policy.

and
The question of dealing with classified information is rarely easy, and never to be taken lightly. Editors try to balance the value of the material to public understanding against potential dangers to the national interest. As a general rule we withhold secret information that would expose confidential sources to reprisals or that would reveal operational intelligence that might be useful to adversaries in war. We excise material that might lead terrorists to unsecured weapons material, compromise intelligence-gathering programs aimed at hostile countries, or disclose information about the capabilities of American weapons that could be helpful to an enemy.

On the other hand, we are less likely to censor candid remarks simply because they might cause a diplomatic controversy or embarrass officials.

this was much more of a wikiwhitewash than a Pentagon paper's magnitude leak.

No wonder Assange is A) still alive b) still able to continue leaking classified material

If you go to a Bank and one of the employees intentionally leaves the vault open because they are disgruntled, is it OK for you to steal the money?? That is exactly what happened with Wikileaks. Wikileaks crossed the line and should be prosecuted and shut down.

I'm sure if Wiki was publishing Credit Card or Banking Information, the skeptics would see it differently.

I'm sure if Wiki was publishing Credit Card or Banking Information, the skeptics would see it differently.
Still no crime committed.

Forum List

Back