Am I alone in thinking wikileaks is a GOOD thing?

This information was so loosely guarded by our government that if this kid could access it you know SS of other nations already had it.

he shamelessly used a kid to promote his america hating agenda. enemy of the state, he should be tried and subsequently whacked
You want the government to go after wikileaks and shut them down, jail its purveyor? Fine. But does it stop there? How about when it goes after FNC, CNN, the NYT, and other news sources?

You really want to give them this precedent? This window to further power?

There are 250,000 docs in the new release.
With everything searchable in detail. There's simply NONE of the reported names, details, etc. Lots of stuff in the docs are redacted. The government and the press is LYING, again.
Think of the fear that is now going through the minds of people in Iraq and Afghanistan who have helped the Americans. This leak is a Big Chill over future cooperation.
Yes, think of it, then blame the actor(s) responsible for the information getting out of Pentagon computers.
And MM...it was not the government that leaked the information to wikileaks.
Yes, it was. It was a US Serviceman. And it was OUR GOVERNMENT who gave the fucker top secret clearance.

Therefore, it WAS or government who allowed the information out.

Again, just because the government was careless and/or stupid, doesn't justify the media publishing this "stuff".

It's too early in the cycle of this incidenct to appreciate the full damage impact.

It's wikileaks. And it's anyone else who passed the information along. They are all traitors to our country. I'm dumbfounded that anyone thinks committing treason against our nation is ok.
Wikileaks isn't a traitor, the dude isn't an American, to start with.

The service member who obtained and leaked the material? Yes, a traitor right there and should be treated as such. The idiots who failed to monitor him should get the Article 32 as well.

But it stops there. Otherwise? You get a good excuse now for the government to do what? Oh yeah, what they want to do. Seize and control the internet.

Think.

I don't care... as far as I am concerned, wikileaks put the lives of US troops and US citizens around the world in danger. So, If the US gov killed them, I'd be ok with it. I am, after all, one of those Americans abroad. And... I have friends and family in war zones.
Maybe your friends and family shouldn't be killing people and breaking their shit for Wall Street?

'Ever heard of Ugly Americans?

There are 250,000 docs in the new release.
With everything searchable in detail. There's simply NONE of the reported names, details, etc. Lots of stuff in the docs are redacted. The government and the press is LYING, again.Yes, think of it, then blame the actor(s) responsible for the information getting out of Pentagon computers.
And MM...it was not the government that leaked the information to wikileaks.
Yes, it was. It was a US Serviceman. And it was OUR GOVERNMENT who gave the fucker top secret clearance.

Therefore, it WAS or government who allowed the information out.

Again, just because the government was careless and/or stupid, doesn't justify the media publishing this "stuff".
Who sets that standard? The government? You want them to control what gets published and what does not?

Wikileaks isn't a traitor, the dude isn't an American, to start with.

The service member who obtained and leaked the material? Yes, a traitor right there and should be treated as such. The idiots who failed to monitor him should get the Article 32 as well.

But it stops there. Otherwise? You get a good excuse now for the government to do what? Oh yeah, what they want to do. Seize and control the internet.

Think.

I don't care... as far as I am concerned, wikileaks put the lives of US troops and US citizens around the world in danger. So, If the US gov killed them, I'd be ok with it. I am, after all, one of those Americans abroad. And... I have friends and family in war zones.
Maybe your friends and family shouldn't be killing people and breaking their shit for Wall Street?

i can be an ugly american, especially when it comes to protecting our troops.
the new york times commits treason, no one seems to care.
this guy isn't american, makes him harder to catch, but easier to off.

The Fourth Estate has become the Fifth Column, nobody's watch-dogging our government.... This makes them not only careless but also more corrupt. Wikileaks is providing a valuable service that the US Press abandoned. I have donated and I urge everyone else to do so.

Cuss and discuss.....

The recent leaks seem to have done more to support than to undermine the US, Britain, Israel and Saudi Arabia.

The Fourth Estate has become the Fifth Column, nobody's watch-dogging our government.... This makes them not only careless but also more corrupt. Wikileaks is providing a valuable service that the US Press abandoned. I have donated and I urge everyone else to do so.

Cuss and discuss.....

The recent leaks seem to have done more to support than to undermine the US, Britain, Israel and Saudi Arabia.
That's one way of looking at it.

I think many of you are pretending this information was previously unknown by other countries.

If it was this poorly protected that a low level clerk could download it you know other countries already had acess to it.

Bring the troops home, Ugly.

Empire or Republic?

I find what they do really damaging. If the information is legitimate it should be released to the proper Authority, and investigated. There is no excuse for releasing Classified Information.
What you're suggesting is a variation on Allowing The Marketplace To Regulate Itself; related to governments/intel.

You're suggesting that governments investigate themselves.​

Bring the troops home, Ugly.

Empire or Republic?

listen frenchie, the world would fall apart if we pulled out of everything, you been watching the news ?

I want the fucking sensitive information SECURE from now on. We're hearing nothing at all about what if anything is being done in this arena.

Everyone who has security clearance needs to go through the AUDIT/REVIEW FROM HELL, and security needs to be UPGRADED in all sensitive facilities.

THINK about it -- citizens are subject to full body scans and sexual assault pat-downs just because they wanna fly to Newark to visit Aunt Bee for the holidays, but a LOW RANK enlisted man can enter his cubicle at his highly sensitive duty station, carrying blank CD-RW disks, passing them off as music mixes -- then COPYING files!

THIS is what you all should be livid about! Get a brain cell working!

Aren't you blame shifting there, Sallow? Intense? The US Government should SAFEGUARD such information. They should be much more careful who gets access.

We shoot the messenger now? It's hardly wikileaks fault that the information was obtained.

Never heard these complaints about the Pentagon Papers, for example.
I guess you'd have to have been old-enough to have been there..... :rolleyes:

"Like most classified documents, McNamara’s study could have been filed away in obscurity, leaving its most important message untaught for decades to come. However, due to the intervention of one of the study’s authors and a New York Times reporter, the Pentagon Papers became public. The leak of this study to the Times became a turning point in the history of Richard Nixon’s presidency and a crucial catalyst in his downfall. Ultimately, it was this leak that convinced President Nixon that he was in the battle of a lifetime, not only to protect his own presidency, but to protect the nation. In his eyes, the publication of the Pentagon Papers confirmed that there existed, throughout the government and media, a radical, left-wing conspiracy whose purpose it was to topple his administration and undermine his authority as the President of the United States. Faced with this embarrassing security breach, Nixon eventually concluded that he would have to fight back against the “conspiracy” with every tool at his disposal, even if that meant breaking the law. Unfortunately, this decision would ultimately carry over to other battles against this imagined conspiracy and would cost him the very thing he was fighting to protect, his presidency."

nytfrontpg.jpg

Aren't you blame shifting there, Sallow? Intense? The US Government should SAFEGUARD such information. They should be much more careful who gets access.

We shoot the messenger now? It's hardly wikileaks fault that the information was obtained.

Never heard these complaints about the Pentagon Papers, for example.
I guess you'd have to have been old-enough to have been there.....​
I am old enough, and was there. The howling for wikileaks' head you're seeing today, was NOT there back then.

Forum List

Back