AGAIN... I'm not saying this... experts are... $20 trillion to up grade the power grid? Who will be paying ???

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011

According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, the typical American drives their car about 13,500 miles per year. A typical EV would require about 3,857 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity. For 26.4 million EVs, that’s over 101 terawatt-hours (TWh) of electricity in a year or about 2.5% of what the U.S. grid produced in 2020.
Although it’s a small percentage, it’s much more than what we’re currently asking of the electrical grid.

Can the Power Grid Handle the Growing EV Demand?

But it will take planning on the part of utility companies in order to handle it well. Without proper preparation, a scenario in which our busiest cities see their electrical grids regularly overloaded during peak-demand times is not at all far-fetched.
Consider a grid in a large city at around 6:00 on any given weeknight. Everyone just arrived home. They’ve turned up the air conditioning, started running the oven and microwave, and flipped on the television.
And, in an EV-heavy future, they’ve also plugged in their car for a recharge.
This creates a massive surge in demand, and it will quickly overload the grid.

costupgradegrid.png

This is what I've been showing regarding the "Unaccounted costs" for forcing migration to EVs.
Where will this $21 trillion come from? YOU and ME in higher electric bills!
BUT more importantly... what happens if the upgrading of the grid is slower than the expansion of EVs?
More black outs...

Our electric bills is where utilities get funding.
Last time it was the "Smart Grid"

So more power needed with fewer powerplants? Typical low-IQ democrat thinking.

According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, the typical American drives their car about 13,500 miles per year. A typical EV would require about 3,857 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity. For 26.4 million EVs, that’s over 101 terawatt-hours (TWh) of electricity in a year or about 2.5% of what the U.S. grid produced in 2020.
Although it’s a small percentage, it’s much more than what we’re currently asking of the electrical grid.

But it will take planning on the part of utility companies in order to handle it well. Without proper preparation, a scenario in which our busiest cities see their electrical grids regularly overloaded during peak-demand times is not at all far-fetched.
Consider a grid in a large city at around 6:00 on any given weeknight. Everyone just arrived home. They’ve turned up the air conditioning, started running the oven and microwave, and flipped on the television.

View attachment 836774
This is what I've been showing regarding the "Unaccounted costs" for forcing migration to EVs.
BUT more importantly... what happens if the upgrading of the grid is slower than the expansion of EVs?
More black outs...

China of course. That is alot of cheddar to borrow.

Well why didn't you mention that before? You should rush to whoever is in charge of how our cars are powered and tell them what you just told us. I'm sure they will put off this whole electric car thing, until you give them the go ahead.

View attachment 836774
More black outs...

You were predicting $4,000 light bills a few weeks ago. Standing by that still?

View attachment 836774
More black outs...

It doesn't matter! That is job security for people like me.

It is not pissible but by trying to force Green that isnt green products it lines the pickets if their spinsors.

Well why didn't you mention that before? You should rush to whoever is in charge of how our cars are powered and tell them what you just told us. I'm sure they will put off this whole electric car thing, until you give them the go ahead.
Obviously you have a reading comprehension problem! Here is the source of my comment:
Note the problems identified the biggest is the environmentalists that will protest,fight and sabotage any efforts to increase the grid, i.e. more power lines! Again... how will the electricity get to the re-chargers? You can have millions of re-chargers but without the electricity???
costupgradegrid.png

Ignorance really is bliss...
The $20 Trillion to substantiate the electric grid is a reality in that most of the people that favor
EVs don't seem to comprehend that an EV truck, semi, bus anything other than a car will use more
electricity than a car. But most of the government and EV advocates don't seem to comprehend that.
Consequently they are ignoring how much electricity will really be needed generated.PLUS remember this statement from Biden...
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

Biden is ignorant that 60% of all electricity is generated by fossil fuel electric generators.

FACT: And I'm NOT making this up!
The USA uses 2.586 Trillion kWh of electricity per year generated by fossil fuel plants ..

Could have paid that 5 times over with the money they sent the Ukraine and given every American 1 million dollars, finished building the border wall, and still have a truckload leftover.

Could have paid that 5 times over with the money they sent the Ukraine and given every American 1 million dollars, finished building the border wall, and still have a truckload leftover.
So how much do you think was sent to Ukraine? $100 trillion is 5 times $20 trillion plus $330 million for all the Americans? See this is the problem. People don't deal with FACTS!
FACTS...
Since the war began, the Biden administration and the U.S. Congress have directed more than $75 billion in assistance to Ukraine, which includes humanitarian, financial, and military support,...
Why do you exaggerate? It just adds to the ignorance of people. Get the facts!

AGAIN... I'm not saying this... experts are... $20 trillion to up grade the power grid? Who will be paying ???​

I don't see the problem here! All we need is for every taxpayer to fork out about $100,000! Oh wait. Sorry, Rocko has us investing out next 20 trillion over the next 100 years to defeating our mortal enemies, because, well, they are mortal enemies! America's needs will just have to wait until the 23rd century. Ho Hum. 😠

So how much do you think was sent to Ukraine? $100 trillion is 5 times $20 trillion plus $330 million for all the Americans? See this is the problem. People don't deal with FACTS!
FACTS...
Since the war began, the Biden administration and the U.S. Congress have directed more than $75 billion in assistance to Ukraine, which includes humanitarian, financial, and military support,...
Why do you exaggerate? It just adds to the ignorance of people. Get the facts!

Ha.

I read billion for some reason. Just a mistake on my part, no need to be a dick about it

Forum List

Back