I know this may sound weird at first but a lot of people seem to not understand what happens when the sun sets...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Blackouts have increased to from 2007, there were 76, in 2011, more than 300.”
Question .... GIVEN:
When do most people with EVs plan to re-charge their cars?
Answer:That means that around 80 percent of EV charging happens at the owner's home, overnight — when the driver doesn't need the car and can leave plenty of time for a charge.
FACT: https://www.washingtonpost.com/clim...electric-vehicles-night-that-will-be-problem/
Further question... what time of day does solar power NOT work?
Night... everyone agree? The sun doesn't shine at night.
SO folks.... If NOW Calif generates 17.3% of it's energy by solar power and at night THAT's GONE when the sun goes down... where will the other power come from to charge EV car batteries?

Which brings us back to this FACT:
Blackouts have increased to from 2007, there were 76, in 2011, more than 300.”
FACT: Are Power Outages Becoming More Frequent? - Northside Power
Even with mass adoption, electric vehicles increase demand on the electrical grid only slightly
Now some "experts" claim...The 4% electricity-use scenario presumes an aggressive EV adoption rate of 5.4 million light-duty electric vehicles and 193,000 medium- and heavy-duty electrics on the road in 2030. To date, 1.2 million electric vehicles have been sold in California.
So let's do some calculations based on their 5.4 million car EVs and 193,000 truck EVs.
FACT: a Car EV uses on a per mile bases .346 kWh according to this source: Average Electric Car kWh Per Mile [Results From 231 EVs]
FACT: Average car is driven per year:12,524 FACT:https://www.thezebra.com/resources/driving/average-miles-driven-per-year/
SO.. 5.4 million EVs driving 12,524 miles is 67,629,600,000 divided by .346 kWh/mile requires -- 195,461,271,676 kWh.
SO..193,000 EV trucks average Regional and city drivers average about 48,000 miles behind the wheel annually.
FACT: Driver FAQs
SO 193,000 EVs trucks driving 48,000 miles is 9,226,000,000 divided by 4.3 kWh/mile requires -- 2,154,418,604 kWh.
FACT: 4.3kWh/mile per truck...https://www.osti.gov/pages/servlets/purl/1342660
FACT: Car EVs require 195,461,271,676 kWh and Truck EVs require 2,154,418,605 kWh or total for JUST EVs in Calif... 197,615,690,281 kWh.
FACT: Today Calif generated 277,764,000,000 kWh from 1,500 power plants or 185,176,000 kWh per plant.
So 5.4 million car EVs and 193,000 truck EVs would consume 71% of the total electricity generated today.

SO California needs to have built to keep up by 2030 with 5.4 million cars and 193,000 trucks between now and 7 years from now: 1,067 more
power plants in addition to their 1,500 they have today.
SO California needs to spend based on current price of 1 power plant of $15 million about $15 billion for 1,067 more plants just to meet
the expected 5.4 million EV cars & 193,000 trucks.
Just the Facts folks...

Last edited:
Why do we conservative Maga's continue to bring up logical and factual evidence showing that the Left is blowing smoke every time they push their green energy on the people?
The Left doesn't care about the truth or the facts.
Why would Elon Musk push his green energy alternative transportation?

Perhaps he also realized that having a nation go to impoverishment from crazy self-important egotistical power hungry potential potentates will not help the cause in the long run.

Further question... what time of day does solar power NOT work?
Night... everyone agree? The sun doesn't shine at night.
SO folks.... If NOW Calif generates 17.3% of it's energy by solar power and at night THAT's GONE when the sun goes down... where will the other power come from to charge EV car batteries?
Another Conservative who doesn’t understand how solar works. You sound like Trump whining about wind power.

During the day, when the sun is shining, your solar panels are either charging batteries in your home or selling power back to the power grid

Another Conservative who doesn’t understand how solar works. You sound like Trump whining about wind power.

During the day, when the sun is shining, your solar panels are either charging batteries in your home or selling power back to the power grid
Let's see facts because YOU provided NONE
FACT: The average private home has In order to cover the electricity for this home, you would need an estimated 15-18 solar panels. How Many Solar Panels Are Needed to Run a House? (The Answer Will Surprise You!) - EFS Energy
FACT: A typical single solar panel will produce about 2 kWh per day.
Hmmm so a single home with 18 panels produce a total of 36 kWh per day (as night is not possible.) Right?
Hmmm so a single EV car requires .346 kWh to travel 1 mile.
FACT: or proof for right-winger...https://ecocostsavings.com/average-electric-car-kwh-per-mile/
Hmmm.. so an American drives an average of 29 miles per day.
Fact: https://www.kbb.com/car-advice/average-miles-driven-per-year/
Hmmm so 29 miles/ .346 kWh/ 1 mile requires 83 kWh.
Hmmm... so If a car requires 83 kWh to go 29 miles in one day BUT the car's charging occurs at night and the
house has used 27 kWh already of the generated 36 kWh electricity ...remember the average home uses A typical American household would need around 10,000 KwH per year. How Much Power Does A Solar Panel Produce? or 27 kWh per day where will the EV car get the electricity to charge the battery?
Now WHERE are your facts?
Now here are some more FACTS that you seemingly ignore are most ignorant of!
California also leads the nation in the number of homes which have solar panels installed, totaling over 230,000
Hmmm... 230,000 private home solar panels averaging according to the above 36kWh or a total per day of wait for it...
7,041,091,040 kWh by the private homes.... that's 2.53492% of Calif total consumption.
And again... I remind Rightwinger... private home solar panels don't generate electricity at night so the EV is being charged
by batteries that have already been used by the house for A/C,etc. i.e. 27 kWh of the 36 kWh generated by the panels.
Thus leaving only 9 kWh to charge the EV.... hmmm explain again where you got your numbers... oh wait YOU had NONE!

Teslas are not green energy alternative transportation.
They use electricity made from fossil fuels, they catch on fire easily, batteries are very inefficient, both in charging and discharging, batteries only last about 10 years and are very expensive, (about $10k).

Let's see facts because YOU provided NONE
FACT: The average private home has In order to cover the electricity for this home, you would need an estimated 15-18 solar panels. How Many Solar Panels Are Needed to Run a House? (The Answer Will Surprise You!) - EFS Energy
FACT: A typical single solar panel will produce about 2 kWh per day.
Hmmm so a single home with 18 panels produce a total of 36 kWh per day (as night is not possible.) Right?
Hmmm so a single EV car requires .346 kWh to travel 1 mile.
FACT: or proof for right-winger...https://ecocostsavings.com/average-electric-car-kwh-per-mile/
Hmmm.. so an American drives an average of 29 miles per day.
Fact: https://www.kbb.com/car-advice/average-miles-driven-per-year/
Hmmm so 29 miles/ .346 kWh/ 1 mile requires 83 kWh.
Hmmm... so If a car requires 83 kWh to go 29 miles in one day BUT the car's charging occurs at night and the
house has used 27 kWh already of the generated 36 kWh electricity ...remember the average home uses A typical American household would need around 10,000 KwH per year. How Much Power Does A Solar Panel Produce? or 27 kWh per day where will the EV car get the electricity to charge the battery?
Now WHERE are your facts?
Now here are some more FACTS that you seemingly ignore are most ignorant of!
California also leads the nation in the number of homes which have solar panels installed, totaling over 230,000
Hmmm... 230,000 private home solar panels averaging according to the above 36kWh or a total per day of wait for it...
7,041,091,040 kWh by the private homes.... that's 2.53492% of Calif total consumption.
And again... I remind Rightwinger... private home solar panels don't generate electricity at night so the EV is being charged
by batteries that have already been used by the house for A/C,etc. i.e. 27 kWh of the 36 kWh generated by the panels.
Thus leaving only 9 kWh to charge the EV.... hmmm explain again where you got your numbers... oh wait YOU had NONE!
~~~~~~
I live in a Southern State I've got two solar array panels containing 23 modules and can only produce at peak 7.48 KWp. For example, today was cloudy and the panels produced 12.94 KWh . For the week Saturday to Friday solar production was 101.43 kWh .
I probably could get by with running the house appliances part of the day but not heating or charging an EV.

Last edited:
Why do we conservative Maga's continue to bring up logical and factual evidence showing that the Left is blowing smoke every time they push their green energy on the people?
Damn, and here I thought the sun went down because the democrats didn't pay the electric bill for sun at night.

Oh I agree 100% regarding the left doesn't care! My comments are for those that don't have enough facts regarding policies etc., that the left/democrats/communists AND the biased MSM support in spite of the facts! My purpose is to provide the links that most of those uninformed can easily read and verify. If more of us that support the FACTS, provide links to our comments it shows at least the uninformed the MAJOR difference between those of us that support FACTs rather than a personal agenda.

~~~~~~
I live in a Southern State I've got two solar array panels containing 23 modules and can only produce at peak 7.48 KWp. For example, today was cloudy and the panels produced 12.94 KWh . For the week Saturday to Friday solar production was 101.43 kWh .
I probably could get by with running the house appliances part of the day but not heating or charging an EV.
Thank you for your personal facts regarding solar panel generation.
In my below analysis of solar panels I suggested that to generate electricity via solar panels for all EVs..cars/trucks/buses.. the individual panel generates 535.8 kWh per year.. which based on your experience:
one panel in one week (101.43/23 panels)= 4.41 kWh per week or 229.32 kWh per year.
Which is nearly 42% LESS than the below calculations.. i.e. I assumed based on the above link 538.8 kWh VERSUS
your personal experience of 229.32 kWh per year per panel.
Thank you for your personal solar panel experience!!!
IFallEVsbySolar103122.png

Attachments

• 1670596926918.png
    1670596926918.png
    1 KB · Views: 7
They are afraid of any change.
Actually most of us aren't adverse to EVs. I'm in favor!
What we are adverse to is the way Biden has made fossil fuels an enemy that well here are his EXACT words!
I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

What a stupid statement by Biden... now IF he just had said...
"We need to work with the fossil fuels industry to reduce Co2 emissions and the US government will be helping as we consider the fossil fuel industry a totally important building block of our economy"!
But Biden is at war with fossil fuels and that is so DUMB!
But he has begged FOREIGN oil producers for more dirty oil! And really ignorant people aren't aware of this chart!
Venezuela is the worse and yet...

Biden Administration Desperately Cozies Up To Venezuela​

How totally STUPID asking the worse polluting oil production emitter for more oil while ...I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”
What is accomplished by that objective?
Getting rid of fossil fuels will at the LEAST raise ALL of our services and goods COSTS immensely as over 6,000 products use "fossil fuels"! No one has yet refuted these two facts about TWO fundamental products EVERY American has contact with!
Tires: 2 billion tires a year use 300 million barrels of oil
asphalt: asphalt that makes up 94% of our roads depends on 3% of all oil production! 1.4 billion barrels!
Please tell me what do you think the cost of an average tire that costs in 2005 to today “the same tire costs about 87 percent more.”How Oil Prices Impact Tire Pricing

So think what the price will be when Biden get's rid of "fossil fuels"????

Oilproducersworstemissions112522.png

Forum List

Back