Afghan fraud

Colin

Gold Member
Aug 11, 2009
England
Difficult news from Afghanistan, as though there were another sort. Yesterday, the Electoral Complaints Commission, backed by the United Nations, declared that ballots from 210 polling stations across the country must be discounted, because of widespread fraud in the August presidential elections. This reduces the share of the vote won by the incumbent, Hamid Karzai, to below half. There is now a legal requirement for a second round of voting.

There is also a practical one. In the US, President Obama is poised to begin a troop surge into Afghanistan, but has indicated that this cannot happen until there is a credible Afghan government for his Administration to work with. For two months now, Afghanistan has been in an ugly sort of limbo. President Karzai must act.

Afghan Fraud -Times Online

So this is why our young men are are risking life and limb. This is why so many are making the ultimate sacrifice. To support a fucking bunch of conniving fraudsters loosely called politicians. Enough is enough. Our respective governments twiddle their thumbs like fucking Neros, whilst ignoring the pleas of commanders on the ground for the required resources, adding to the futility of this war. On top of that we tie our troops hands behind their backs by issuing restrictive ROEs.

I have always supported this fight, but no more. Bring them home NOW! Let the Afghan government sort out their own shit!!

Difficult news from Afghanistan, as though there were another sort. Yesterday, the Electoral Complaints Commission, backed by the United Nations, declared that ballots from 210 polling stations across the country must be discounted, because of widespread fraud in the August presidential elections. This reduces the share of the vote won by the incumbent, Hamid Karzai, to below half. There is now a legal requirement for a second round of voting.

There is also a practical one. In the US, President Obama is poised to begin a troop surge into Afghanistan, but has indicated that this cannot happen until there is a credible Afghan government for his Administration to work with. For two months now, Afghanistan has been in an ugly sort of limbo. President Karzai must act.

So this is why our young men are are risking life and limb. This is why so many are making the ultimate sacrifice. To support a fucking bunch of conniving fraudsters loosely called politicians. Enough is enough. Our respective governments twiddle their thumbs like fucking Neros, whilst ignoring the pleas of commanders on the ground for the required resources, adding to the futility of this war. On top of that we tie our troops hands behind their backs by issuing restrictive ROEs.

I have always supported this fight, but no more. Bring them home NOW! Let the Afghan government sort out their own shit!!
Get this. Hillary suspects that there is a little 't' taliban with whom she can negotiate (even though the IC says no way in hell) for cooperation. Hey, what they hell - pay the enemy we fight some money. That makes sense. :rolleyes:

I have respected HRC for some time now, but this is inane.

Get this. Hillary suspects that there is a little 't' taliban with whom she can negotiate (even though the IC says no way in hell) for cooperation. Hey, what they hell - pay the enemy we fight some money. That makes sense. :rolleyes:

She is a romantic living in a world of make-believe. Get this:

Hillary Clinton has become embroiled in another "‘mis-speaking" incident after claims that she stayed at the “bombed” Europa hotel in Belfast were rubbished.

The US Secretary of State claimed that when she had stayed at the infamous hotel, known as Europe’s most bombed hotel, it had been devastated by an explosion.

She had claimed that during the whirlwind visit to Northern Ireland in 1995, with her husband Bill when he was US President, the hotel, was known as “the Hardboard Hotel”, had been “boarded up” because of the bomb damage.
But doubt has since been cast on the claims, made during a speech last week, after it emerged the last Provisional IRA bomb to damage the hotel was detonated in 1993, two years before the couple stayed there.

The gaffe bears similar resemblance to when she came badly unstuck during the last presidential campaign against Barack Obama after she was forced to admit that she "misspoke" about a trip to Bosnia.

She conceded she "did misspeak" about a 1996 visit to Tuzla in Bosnia in which she had falsely claimed she had landed under sniper fire and had to rush across the landing strip.

She had blamed tiredness for the dramatic description that was shown to have been significantly exaggerated.

According to Belfast newspaper reports, she told a packed Assembly last Monday: “When Bill and I first came to Belfast, we stayed at the Europa Hotel ... even though then there were sections boarded up because of damage from bombs.”

But hotel sources confirmed there was “no way” there was a board in sight when the power couple arrived.

Hillary Clinton’s latest 'mis-speaking' gaffe exposed over Belfast hotel bomb claims - Telegraph

She is a romantic living in a world of make-believe. Get this:

Hillary Clinton has become embroiled in another "‘mis-speaking" incident after claims that she stayed at the “bombed” Europa hotel in Belfast were rubbished.

The US Secretary of State claimed that when she had stayed at the infamous hotel, known as Europe’s most bombed hotel, it had been devastated by an explosion.

She had claimed that during the whirlwind visit to Northern Ireland in 1995, with her husband Bill when he was US President, the hotel, was known as “the Hardboard Hotel”, had been “boarded up” because of the bomb damage.
But doubt has since been cast on the claims, made during a speech last week, after it emerged the last Provisional IRA bomb to damage the hotel was detonated in 1993, two years before the couple stayed there.

The gaffe bears similar resemblance to when she came badly unstuck during the last presidential campaign against Barack Obama after she was forced to admit that she "misspoke" about a trip to Bosnia.

She conceded she "did misspeak" about a 1996 visit to Tuzla in Bosnia in which she had falsely claimed she had landed under sniper fire and had to rush across the landing strip.

She had blamed tiredness for the dramatic description that was shown to have been significantly exaggerated.

According to Belfast newspaper reports, she told a packed Assembly last Monday: “When Bill and I first came to Belfast, we stayed at the Europa Hotel ... even though then there were sections boarded up because of damage from bombs.”

But hotel sources confirmed there was “no way” there was a board in sight when the power couple arrived.

Hillary Clinton’s latest 'mis-speaking' gaffe exposed over Belfast hotel bomb claims - Telegraph
Oh.

My.

God.

Just when she had me rooting for her. I wonder if she had to duck any bullets in this fairy tale, too. ;)

voted fraud? Seems we are instilling USA values in them well

Forum List

Back