California Schools Prepare for Thousands of Afghan Refugee Students

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
In California, the government owned and run public schools have created special prayer rooms just for Muslims. This totally blows away the claim that liberals believe in separation of church and state.

California Schools Prepare for Thousands of Afghan Refugee Students | KQED

By Diana Lambert

September 21, 2021

In California, home to the largest number of Afghan refugees in the country, school officials are preparing for an influx of students who fled Afghanistan with their families after the Taliban seized power in the country last month.

Schools are especially busy in Sacramento and Fremont, which have two of the largest Afghan communities in the state. Over 40% of the nation’s Afghan refugees have resettled in the Sacramento region in recent years, according to Jessie Tientcheu, chief executive officer of Opening Doors, a resettlement agency based in Sacramento.

Elk Grove Unified School District began offering culturally appropriate meals and setting aside rooms in many of its middle and high schools for prayer during Muslim holidays in preparation for the additional Afghan students it expects in the next month. San Juan Unified is offering Saturday school for English learners, and Fremont Unified is planning to hire more translators.

In California, the government owned and run public schools have created special prayer rooms just for Muslims. This totally blows away the claim that liberals believe in separation of church and state.

By Diana Lambert

September 21, 2021

In California, home to the largest number of Afghan refugees in the country, school officials are preparing for an influx of students who fled Afghanistan with their families after the Taliban seized power in the country last month.

Schools are especially busy in Sacramento and Fremont, which have two of the largest Afghan communities in the state. Over 40% of the nation’s Afghan refugees have resettled in the Sacramento region in recent years, according to Jessie Tientcheu, chief executive officer of Opening Doors, a resettlement agency based in Sacramento.

Elk Grove Unified School District began offering culturally appropriate meals and setting aside rooms in many of its middle and high schools for prayer during Muslim holidays in preparation for the additional Afghan students it expects in the next month. San Juan Unified is offering Saturday school for English learners, and Fremont Unified is planning to hire more translators.
Won't be too long before California follows the new Oregon standards and drops ALL requirements to graduate High School.

If bringing in all these refugees was good for America, WEF/Democrats would oppose it.

This is another WEF/Democrat attack on Americans.

What the (D)'s would or wouldn't do has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

What the (D)'s would or wouldn't do has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.
Sure it does. America shouldn't be taking in any refugees.

Take care of the homeless first.

This attack on Americans by WEF/Democrats is meant to force poor Americans to compete with foreign nationals for resources meant for Americans.

By Diana Lambert

September 21, 2021

The students aren't required to pray or to use the prayer rooms. They're just available for the students who want them.

Schools have also made rooms available for Christian students to have as prayer rooms too, but again, no student is compelled to pray or to use these rooms.

When I was a kid, we started every day with the Lord's prayer. Except a lot of kids refused to pray. Jehovah's Witnesses will not pray out side of their church. One girl I knew was a Baha'i and she left the room. Every classroom had one or two kids standing in the hall during Lord's Prayer. We didn't have any Jews or Muslims in our school, but they would have been out there too, if we did.

The kids hated going to the hall. They felt singled out. My Baha'i friend told me she hated that people asked her why she went to the hall. THAT is why school prayer ended. Because everyone's religion is different, even when everyone is a Christian.

By Diana Lambert

September 21, 2021

Reasonable religious accommodations has nothing to do with separation of church and state.

This attack on Americans by WEF/Democrats is meant to force poor Americans to compete with foreign nationals for resources meant for Americans.

So the USA goes around the world starting wars and creating refugees, but you shouldn't have to take them in? Sounds like Syria all over again. 6 million refugees created by American policy. The USA took in ZERO.

We shouldn't have destroyed their country.

You have no desire to help the poor and homeless.

The billions we wasted in Afghanistan could have helped there.

So the USA goes around the world starting wars and creating refugees, but you shouldn't have to take them in? Sounds like Syria all over again. 6 million refugees created by American policy. The USA took in ZERO.
Nope.

If you can't take care of your own poor, you do a greater sin by making your poor worse off by bringing in other poor to compete with them, all to satisfy your ego.

The students aren't required to pray or to use the prayer rooms. They're just available for the students who want them.

Schools have also made rooms available for Christian students to have as prayer rooms too, but again, no student is compelled to pray or to use these rooms.

When I was a kid, we started every day with the Lord's prayer. Except a lot of kids refused to pray. Jehovah's Witnesses will not pray out side of their church. One girl I knew was a Baha'i and she left the room. Every classroom had one or two kids standing in the hall during Lord's Prayer. We didn't have any Jews or Muslims in our school, but they would have been out there too, if we did.

The kids hated going to the hall. They felt singled out. My Baha'i friend told me she hated that people asked her why she went to the hall. THAT is why school prayer ended. Because everyone's religion is different, even when everyone is a Christian.
Like you my school started every day with The Lord's Prayer. I asked my Jewish mom what should I do. She said "say the prayer. It can't hurt."

Forum List

Back