Abortion = Social JUSTICE?

PP makes tens of millions of dollars profit every year.

Tell me they're non-profit now.

[FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]
[FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]The two main sources for Planned Parenthood funding[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial, helvetica]The two main sources for Planned Parenthood funding that will be examined in this report are the $50 Million plus Planned Parenthood gets annually through the Title X program, and the est. $50 Million plus Planned Parenthood gets annually through the Medicaid program.[/FONT][/SIZE]

And this is just for starters
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited:
And good luck with teaching your kids sex is a.o.k. at the age of 14.

I remember when my mother, a devout atheist, had the "sex" talk with me. I was 14. She told me that sex was natural and if I wanted to, I could, just to use protection.

It made me think there was something wrong with me because I wasn't indulging in it.

We're supposed to protect our children, not prostitute them.
How do you equate what your mother did to prostituting you?

Instead of answering my question Baba gives me a neg rep.

You have some really weird issues, Baba, if you think that when your mother, wanting the best for you, told you about the birds and the bees, assured you it was nothing to be afraid of and was normal and said that she would support you in any choices you made but to please use some form of protection, was encouraging you to become a prostitute.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Not me.

Once again, I pose the question..how is abortion "social justice"?
The elimination of unwanted children is assumed to be a social good, of course. The Romans practiced it, as well. A child was nothing until accepted by a family, and many an infant starved for lack of want by the father.

Today, unwanted children are a net drag on both our social safety nets and our crime fighting agencies. Thus, it is a social good to prevent such children from being born.

Quod Erat Demonstratum

So how do you feel about the disabled? Are they also a net drag?
My feelings on this matter are unimportant.

In a welfare state such as ours, the disabled are a net drag on society, yes, save some outliers. Outliers like Steven Hawking have managed to add great value to society despite their disability...but you will find that Steven Hawking would still be brilliant sans a massive state spending millions on his behalf.

How many single, female college students get abortions? How many Planned Parenthood agencies canvass college campuses?

Yes, if a mother is unable to provide a stable home for the fetus, abortion is seriously recommended as an option. Would you like me to scan the flyers outside my apartment put out by the local Planned Parenthood?

That doesn't prove in any way your claim that most pro choicers think single pregnant women should abort. P
That's not my claim. My claim is that most pro-choicers think fetuses that lack an identifiable/present father ought to be aborted, such is the case with rape victims.

Support your claim then, I disagree that most prochoicers think that single women should abort. Pro choice is about advocating for choice, allowing people to decide for themselves, not telling people what to do. That however, is what the anti choice movement is all about.

Last edited:
The elimination of unwanted children is assumed to be a social good, of course. The Romans practiced it, as well. A child was nothing until accepted by a family, and many an infant starved for lack of want by the father.

Today, unwanted children are a net drag on both our social safety nets and our crime fighting agencies. Thus, it is a social good to prevent such children from being born.

Quod Erat Demonstratum

In a welfare state such as ours, the disabled are a net drag on society, yes, save some outliers. Outliers like Steven Hawking have managed to add great value to society despite their disability...but you will find that Steven Hawking would still be brilliant sans a massive state spending millions on his behalf.

What should be done with the net drag?

What should be done with the net drag?
I don't know.

They are NON-PROFIT Allie, what profit they make never goes in to the hands of any individual as their profit...the profits go back in to the association's cause...THIS IS what a non-profit stands for...

not that they do not make profits, but what profits are made never gets distributed to share holders or individuals, the profit must go in to supporting the causes of the nonprofit group.

That doesn't prove in any way your claim that most pro choicers think single pregnant women should abort. P
That's not my claim. My claim is that most pro-choicers think fetuses that lack an identifiable/present father ought to be aborted, such is the case with rape victims.

Support your claim then, I disagree that most prochoicers think that single women should abort. Pro choice is about advocating for choice, allowing people to decide for themselves, not telling people what to do. That however, is what the anti choice movement is all about.
Go to the website of Planned Parenthood that I linked to, and read their literature, as one of the largest pro-choice organizations out there.

They practically scream "ABORTION! ABORTION! ABORTION! oh....and parenthood." They even warn against attending clinics that will not recommend abortion as an option...

Yes, of course, it is sanitized to be politically correct, but look at the reasoning behind the founders of planned parenthood, and read between the lines to discover the logic behind the modern planned parenthood.

They are NON-PROFIT Allie, what profit they make never goes in to the hands of any individual as their profit...the profits go back in to the association's cause...THIS IS what a non-profit stands for...

not that they do not make profits, but what profits are made never gets distributed to share holders or individuals, the profit must go in to supporting the causes of the nonprofit group.

On June 6 Planned Parenthood (PP) released its official 2005-2006 annual report. The report details the activities and financial situation of the organization at length.
During the year of 2005-06, besides reporting that 264,943 children were killed by medical and surgical abortions performed by its clinics, it also reported a record income, including a record amount of taxpayer funding. Planned Parenthood’s total income for the year was $902.8 million, with a $55.8 million profit.

Planned Parenthood’s income comes from three sources: “fees charged at its clinics; donations from corporations, foundations and individuals; and taxpayer money received from government grants and contracts.”

“The final category of Planned Parenthood revenue sources is you and me — the American taxpayer, “I am sorry to report to you that Planned Parenthood reported receiving taxpayer funds totaling $305.3 million — a whopping $32.6 million (12 percent) more than last year. This means that taxpayer money now accounts for 34 percent of Planned Parenthood's income.”

Do you really believe what you just posted?

Attachments

• $sigs210.gif
    $sigs210.gif
    18.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Go to the website of Planned Parenthood that I linked to, and read their literature, as one of the largest pro-choice organizations out there.

They practically scream "ABORTION! ABORTION! ABORTION! oh....and parenthood." They even warn against attending clinics that will not recommend abortion as an option...

Yes, of course, it is sanitized to be politically correct, but look at the reasoning behind the founders of planned parenthood, and read between the lines to discover the logic behind the modern planned parenthood.

That was a very unsatisfactory answer to my question. All you managed to do is demonstrate your own biases concerning a woman's right to chose and Planned Parenthood.

Last edited:

Technically, non-profits mean that any income above expenses is re-invested into the company/org, not paid out to owners or shareholders.

This does not preclude, however, increases the wages of its employees. This is why the average non-profit executive salary is nearly six figures.

That was a very unsatisfactory answer to my question. All you managed to do is demonstrate your own biases concerning a woman's right to chose and Planned Parenthood.
Planned Parenthood was founded as a part of the Eugenics movement. Has Planned Parenthood abandoned it's founders ideals?

And good luck with teaching your kids sex is a.o.k. at the age of 14.

I remember when my mother, a devout atheist, had the "sex" talk with me. I was 14. She told me that sex was natural and if I wanted to, I could, just to use protection.

It made me think there was something wrong with me because I wasn't indulging in it.

We're supposed to protect our children, not prostitute them.

well, I had the COMPLETE OPPOSITE rearing....sex was a strict no- no! NO MATTER WHAT! Was what mom taught me and it was well known that my ass was grass if dad and mom ever got a whiff of otherwise! A girt WAITS until she is married rearing....

I didn't even get the ''facts of life'' talk from her...thank goodness a friends mother had a child's book that went over it! :eek:

only made me more curious as to what the heck were they all up in arms about....?

so, the complete opposite of your mom was my mom allie, and that wasn't necessarily affective either.

they say with girls, it is really the father that plays an important role in puberty....that gives them confidence and self esteem and self worth, that helps with making the wise decision to wait, until it is real serious of a relationship and not hop around as much....???

care
My parents just avoided the subject entirely. My best friend had a mom like Allie's mom and my best friend informed the rest of us. :lol:

On June 6 Planned Parenthood (PP) released its official 2005-2006 annual report. The report details the activities and financial situation of the organization at length.
During the year of 2005-06, besides reporting that 264,943 children were killed by medical and surgical abortions performed by its clinics, it also reported a record income, including a record amount of taxpayer funding. Planned Parenthood’s total income for the year was $902.8 million, with a $55.8 million profit.

Planned Parenthood’s income comes from three sources: “fees charged at its clinics; donations from corporations, foundations and individuals; and taxpayer money received from government grants and contracts.”

“The final category of Planned Parenthood revenue sources is you and me — the American taxpayer, “I am sorry to report to you that Planned Parenthood reported receiving taxpayer funds totaling $305.3 million — a whopping $32.6 million (12 percent) more than last year. This means that taxpayer money now accounts for 34 percent of Planned Parenthood's income.”

YES, ABSOLUTELY....READ what i posted, a 'nonprofit' organization, ONLY MEANS what profit that is made does NOT GO TO ANY individual as profit earned or in dividends if share holders own it....

NO ONE owns it, it is an organization which was created... that supports a specific cause and that puts all of its profits back in to the cause....this is the LEGAL definition of a non profit....and this is what planned parenthood is, an nonprofit organization.

In addition to this, planned parent hood provides a great deal of women's health necessities such as gyno check ups and pap smears and birth control pills for those who can not afford the check ups....government money does NOT go to abortions performed, BY LAW....besides, abortions is where girls pay, is also where they actually do make some money to cover for the expenses of the free medical care they give to the indigent or those in temporary need.

Based on your figures, looks like this is a place where our government can cut back some, since they are making a profit the gvt money is not needed as much, though it could be PP wants to expand their service area and still needs the profits to do such.

Care

Planned Parenthood was founded as a part of the Eugenics movement. Has Planned Parenthood abandoned it's founders ideals?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEja-1emRic]YouTube - Margaret Sanger, Planned Parenthood's Racist Founder[/ame]

YES, ABSOLUTELY....READ what i posted, a 'nonprofit' organization, ONLY MEANS what profit that is made does NOT GO TO ANY individual as profit earned or in dividends if share holders own it....

NO ONE owns it, it is an organization which was created... that supports a specific cause and that puts all of its profits back in to the cause....this is the LEGAL definition of a non profit....and this is what planned parenthood is, an nonprofit organization.

In addition to this, planned parent hood provides a great deal of women's health necessities such as gyno check ups and pap smears and birth control pills for those who can not afford the check ups....government money does NOT go to abortions performed, BY LAW....besides, abortions is where girls pay, is also where they actually do make some money to cover for the expenses of the free medical care they give to the indigent or those in temporary need.

Based on your figures, looks like this is a place where our government can cut back some, since they are making a profit the gvt money is not needed as much, though it could be PP wants to expand their service area and still needs the profits to do such.

Care
I am grateful to PP for providing me with birth control back when I was a college student. I'd like to see them expand if that is their goal.

also, if there are a million and a half abortions a year as i have seen quoted from prolife sources the 200k of them at clinics is just a smidgen of the abortions performed a year! This means most women that abort are making this decision, one on one with their own personal gyno, NOT in PP clinics as has been implied by the prolife side and that's news to me, cuz i thought from all the hoopla that PP was performing most abortions and THEY ARE NOT?

Care
I am grateful to PP for providing me with birth control back when I was a college student. I'd like to see them expand if that is their goal.
With condoms on sale for $2 a pack in every convenience store within a 10-mile radius of every college campus in America, Planned Parenthood is no longer needed to distribute birth control.

If you like the fancier forms of birth control, or the abortion pill, there's a CVS or Wallgreens about everywhere nowadays.

No, the only reason for Planned Parenthood's existence is to remind women that "abortion is always an option."

P.S. Hell, you can even order [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Water-Based-Lubricant-Enhanced-Sensation/dp/B000ANJG2K/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1247804224&sr=8-4"]100 condoms from Amazon.com for $15![/ame] I doubt I could go through 100 condoms in a year of college....but just sayin;)

Last edited:

Care
With condoms on sale for $2 a pack in every convenience store within a 10-mile radius of every college campus in America, Planned Parenthood is no longer needed to distribute birth control.

If you like the fancier forms of birth control, or the abortion pill, there's a CVS or Wallgreens about everywhere nowadays.

No, the only reason for Planned Parenthood's existence is to remind women that "abortion is always an option."

P.S. Hell, you can even order [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Water-Based-Lubricant-Enhanced-Sensation/dp/B000ANJG2K/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1247804224&sr=8-4"]100 condoms from Amazon.com for $15![/ame] I doubt I could go through 100 condoms in four years of college....but just sayin;)

Birth control pills require a prescription from a doctor. And even if you have medical insurance, not all providers will pay for birth control bills.
I'll continue to donate to PP and urge my government representatives to extend my tax money to help pay for abortions as well as for birth control.
I think PP does a great service to women. It's an admirable institution

WHAT A CROCK OF POOPIE!

Birth control pills can not be gotten at your local pharmacy without a prescription and they are not affordable for some....

WHY should gvt pay for your rubbers on every corner and not a girl's own means of protection if she truly can not afford the gyno visit to get the pill?

Forum List

Back