Abortion = Social JUSTICE?

Not me.

Once again, I pose the question..how is abortion "social justice"?

Not me.

The elimination of unwanted children is assumed to be a social good, of course. The Romans practiced it, as well. A child was nothing until accepted by a family, and many an infant starved for lack of want by the father.

Today, unwanted children are a net drag on both our social safety nets and our crime fighting agencies. Thus, it is a social good to prevent such children from being born.

Quod Erat Demonstratum

Not me.

The elimination of unwanted children is assumed to be a social good, of course. The Romans practiced it, as well. A child was nothing until accepted by a family, and many an infant starved for lack of want by the father.

Today, unwanted children are a net drag on both our social safety nets and our crime fighting agencies. Thus, it is a social good to prevent such children from being born.

Quod Erat Demonstratum

A family consists of a mother and a father. Therefore if the father is absent or unknown, the woman should have an abortion.

well, i have never heard abortion described as a social justice, until just now, by a newbie...

Not me.

Quod Erat Demonstratum

A family consists of a mother and a father. Therefore if the father is absent or unknown, the woman should have an abortion.
This is generally supported by pro-choicers, yes.

Last edited:
well, i have never heard abortion described as a social justice, until just now, by a newbie...
You judge opinions based upon seniority at an internet forum?

I wasn't aware being a long-time member of USMB makes one omnisicient...:rolleyes:

This is generally supported by pro-choicers, yes.
No it isn't.
How many single, female college students get abortions? How many Planned Parenthood agencies canvass college campuses?

Yes, if a mother is unable to provide a stable home for the fetus, abortion is seriously recommended as an option. Would you like me to scan the flyers outside my apartment put out by the local Planned Parenthood?

No it isn't.
How many single, female college students get abortions? How many Planned Parenthood agencies canvass college campuses?

Yes, if a mother is unable to provide a stable home for the fetus, abortion is seriously recommended as an option. Would you like me to scan the flyers outside my apartment put out by the local Planned Parenthood?
That's not what you said.
A single-parent home is not considered stable, no. Statistics on children from single-parent homes highlight this fact.

Not me.

Quod Erat Demonstratum

spoken like a true nazi

Not me.

Quod Erat Demonstratum

So the Romans were right to leave their unwanted children on dung heaps?

A single-parent home is not considered stable, no. Statistics on children from single-parent homes highlight this fact.

I propose a much less costly and less murderous route...don't screw around until you're married or prepared to be a parent. Quit teaching little kids it's AOK to have sex with whomever, whenever.

I propose a much less costly and less murderous route...don't screw around until you're married or prepared to be a parent. Quit teaching little kids it's AOK to have sex with whomever, whenever.
Do two wrongs make a right?

In the case of premarital sex and abortion, yes.

Alternatively, we could do as the Greeks did, and teach our young men to only have homosexual relations until they are prepared to maintain a family. Abstenance-only education fails because it goes against the most primal of biological urges.

Telling a 15-year-old boy "Don't have sex until you are 30" is like telling him "Don't eat any food for the next 15 years." If he does somehow manage to avoid sex, don't be surprised when you discover he masturbates 5 times a day.

Last edited:

Alternatively, we could do as the Greeks did, and teach our young men to only have homosexual relations until they are prepared to maintain a family. Abstenance-only education fails because it goes against the most primal of biological urges.

Telling a 15-year-old boy "Don't have sex until you are 30" is like telling him "Don't eat any food for the next 15 years." If he does somehow manage to avoid sex, don't be surprised when you discover he masturbates 5 times a day.

Hey, the Brits do that, too.

But that aside...bullshit. I know plenty of young men who are celibate until they're ready for children, and there's nothing wrong with them.

But then again..they aren't the ones who can get pregnant. The risk to a man is less than the risk to a woman, obviously. So in this rodeo, it's the women who have to shoulder the burden.

Hey, the Brits do that, too.

But that aside...bullshit. I know plenty of young men who are celibate until they're ready for children, and there's nothing wrong with them.

But then again..they aren't the ones who can get pregnant. The risk to a man is less than the risk to a woman, obviously. So in this rodeo, it's the women who have to shoulder the burden.
Both in our society and in caveman society, this has been the case. We have evolved for the females to be the sexual selectors, controlling encounters.

Like I said, ask them if they masturbate. And how frequently. You would be surprised.

Last edited:
No, I wouldn't. I worked in a lock-down juvenile facility. The prison scene with Jodi Foster in Silence of the Lambs is small potatoes compared to what I've seen.

But those kids weren't in there because they were celibate.

No, I wouldn't. I worked in a lock-down juvenile facility. The prison scene with Jodi Foster in Silence of the Lambs is small potatoes compared to what I've seen.

But those kids weren't in there because they were celibate.
Then what are we arguing about again? :lol:

The way avoiding sex before marriage results in psychological trauma.

It doesn't. Unless you're avoiding it because you're a freak.

The way avoiding sex before marriage results in psychological trauma.

It doesn't. Unless you're avoiding it because you're a freak.
Psychological trauma? I don't think there's anything traumatic about masturbation...well, maybe a sore wrist.

And the fact that abstinence-only education doesn't work.

I don't advocate abstinence-only sex ed, never have.

But I don't advocate the "do it if it feels good" approach, either.

It leads to excessive masturbation, stds and ultimately pregnancy.

In fact, I'm pretty much a "if it feels good run like hell" advocate.

Forum List

Back