Abortion: Quality of Life of the baby

With all the talk about abortion exceptions (rape, incest, health of mother) why does no one talk about the health / quality of life of the baby?

What about these exceptions:

Deformity.

Severe Deformity.

Retardation.

Severe retardation.

Down Syndrome.

Malformed Heart.

Malformed Spinal Chord.

When parents who only want to have a healthy baby find out their baby-to-be will have serious and often painful health issues (may even die soon after being born), why aren't we discussion why the GOPs think they have any business in that conversation.
As long as you aren't advocating that those MUST be aborted ... I really don't care so long as it's before the rapid brain development stage. After that... It could have all of those and I don't think you should be able to abort. A person can have all of those.

Hazel thinks we should kill babies he doesn't want to look at.

Don't put words in my mouth.

Where did I say that?

I am against causing babies (live babies) to suffer pain for months and then die.

I am against you determining for me what is quality of life.

to debate Koshergirl about abortion, you must expect her to put words in your mouth. Otherwise she has no reason to be here.

With all the talk about abortion exceptions (rape, incest, health of mother) why does no one talk about the health / quality of life of the baby?

Deformity.

Severe Deformity.

Retardation.

Severe retardation.

Down Syndrome.

Malformed Heart.

Malformed Spinal Chord.

When parents who only want to have a healthy baby find out their baby-to-be will have serious and often painful health issues (may even die soon after being born), why aren't we discussion why the GOPs think they have any business in that conversation.

It's used for birth control 98% of the time Numb NUTZ ...

What's so utterly stupid about your lame ass points is clear, you do not even know why you try to justify ABORTIONS...

Crawl back into your snake pit...

No, birth control is used for birth control - IUDs, implants, the Pill, foam, diaphrams, condoms, vascectomies, tubal litigations, et cetera.

Sometimes those methods fail.

Back on topic, quality-of-life abortions are something I support. I've seen cases where a severely deformed baby died hours after delivery. I've also seen cases where a severely deformed baby survived. In every case the family's finances were drained. The other children got very little parental attention, because the parents had to spend most of their waking hours caring for the deformed child. The severely deformed children spent several months per year in the hospital and were in constant pain. They spent most of their lives in bed.

I grew up in the thalidomide era.

Deformity.

Severe Deformity.

Retardation.

Severe retardation.

Down Syndrome.

Malformed Heart.

Malformed Spinal Chord.

down syndrome is not a reason to abort. I have found these children are happy and very loving.. Hearts can be fixed. There is so many things that can help deformed spines . I guess you want every child that is not 100 percent perfect to be aborted. Same like Hitler wanted a master race.. HUH.. Pretty soon there will be test for autistic people in the womb you will want them killed as well..

If the baby is 100 percent going to die shortly after birth then yes it should be an option but not for all the things you posted above:mad:

Down Syndrome kids cost a lot of money, and need medical treatment. They are a drain on the finances of a family. I don't want to go broke looking after a child I am not capable of caring for.

How about crooked teeth? Is that a valid reason to kill a child? That's expensive too...

down syndrome is not a reason to abort. I have found these children are happy and very loving.. Hearts can be fixed. There is so many things that can help deformed spines . I guess you want every child that is not 100 percent perfect to be aborted. Same like Hitler wanted a master race.. HUH.. Pretty soon there will be test for autistic people in the womb you will want them killed as well..

If the baby is 100 percent going to die shortly after birth then yes it should be an option but not for all the things you posted above:mad:

Down Syndrome kids cost a lot of money, and need medical treatment. They are a drain on the finances of a family. I don't want to go broke looking after a child I am not capable of caring for.

How about crooked teeth? Is that a valid reason to kill a child? That's expensive too...

Not the same thing. Teeth can be fixed with braces, and you don't need to spend thousands each year on that child. A physically disabled child may require 24/7 care for the rest of their life.

No, birth control is used for birth control - IUDs, implants, the Pill, foam, diaphrams, condoms, vascectomies, tubal litigations, et cetera.

Back on topic, quality-of-life abortions are something I support. I've seen cases where a severely deformed baby died hours after delivery. I've also seen cases where a severely deformed baby survived. In every case the family's finances were drained. The other children got very little parental attention, because the parents had to spend most of their waking hours caring for the deformed child. The severely deformed children spent several months per year in the hospital and were in constant pain. They spent most of their lives in bed.

That is what people don't consider. Having a disabled child may mean you are neglecting your other kids. I couldn't do that.

Deformity.

Severe Deformity.

Retardation.

Severe retardation.

Down Syndrome.

Malformed Heart.

Malformed Spinal Chord.

Shall we raise a church to those who think they can decide who lives and who dies?

That is what people don't consider. Having a disabled child may mean you are neglecting your other kids. I couldn't do that.
Wow, that is so disgusting, I'd kill you myself.

Little Mary shouldn't be allowed to live, because she may take away from the care of her brother and sister, and I can't be saddled with having to do both.

My God...what a fucking monster you are.

Bullshit.

Not the same thing. Teeth can be fixed with braces, and you don't need to spend thousands each year on that child. A physically disabled child may require 24/7 care for the rest of their life.

You know, my 83 year old mother has a bad back, heart issues, high blood pressure and gets pnuemonia about once a year. She expects us to run by after work and take her to the gorcery store. She still seems to love life, but she's really becoming a drag on all of us and her quality of life just ins't what it used to be. Perhaps we should draw straws on who gets to abourt her. :eusa_whistle:

Instead of an intelligence response, you've only got smart-ass remarks.

Great, I can tell how serious this is for you.

You don't really care about babies, just your fucking fringe-right base.

Democrats are moving into the fully selfish society. They can rationalize almost any burden into a reason for murder. They might have to give up something! Horrors! Why do they want to keep killers alive? If anyone is a burden, it's those people who get their enjoying from killing others. Yet, those are the very people liberals want kept alive while the happy child with down's syndrome is murdered?

Liberals think that if anyone really cared about babies, they would kill them.

Bullshit.

Why bullshit?

I've see it with some Down Syndrome case.

Taking care of that child, managing moods and other health issues related to Down Syndrome can become all consuming.

The other children become resentful.

And, in some case, the parents resent their lives being upended. They can't help but wonder what their lives would have been like if they had decided to terminate that pregnancy.

The fringe are the people who think killing babies is a "cure" for financial hardship. That includes you.

Bullshit.

Why bullshit?

I've see it with some Down Syndrome case.

Taking care of that child, managing moods and other health issues related to Down Syndrome can become all consuming.

The other children become resentful.

And, in some case, the parents resent their lives being upended. They can't help but wonder what their lives would have been like if they had decided to terminate that pregnancy.

You're a sad, pathetic person, and you personify exactly why it's so dangerous to put the government in control of anyone's health care.

In most cases, the disabled child is just as precious as any of their other children. Otherwise, the resentful parents would just institutionalize the disabled child.

How about a child who is born healthy but becomes disabled? Should they be eliminated? How about a wife or husband who comes back from military service a quadraplegic who can't even talk? Kill them? How about this. Let liberals set up a quality of life panel who will systematically decide the quality of life for everyone and start gassing those who don't pass. Let's start with those in prison and move on the those who have made their families lives a living hell with their drug addiction.

Forum List

Back