Abortion: Quality of Life of the baby

No I believe in abortion for rape, incest and health of the mother. Like Romney.

You can't make determinations on viability until birth ....then other ethical protocol come into play..

You can identify severe deformities in the first trimester.

Again, you're LYING.

Prove it.

Or get the hell out of my thread!!

I said severe deformities. Prove that doctors can't see those in the first trimester.

Stop with the strawmen.

Last edited:
I think your premise that there is this significant body of parents who should have aborted preemptively but opted to go on w/ birth to allow their baby to suffer in pain with no cure is skewed.

The premise of thread is that quality of life is a private conversation. A sad and difficult conversation.

Why don't compassionate conservatives mention this as an exception?

Okay, so it's all about 'quality of life' and it's a 'private discussion'. I guess you're limiting that to just the womb then? What happens whenever someone's 6 year old daughter has a tragic accident and is severely mentally retarded or dealing with issues of living in pain. Is it also a 'private discussion' then for the family to discuss and decide on death?

Apples and oranges.

Nice try.

Can the 6-year-old live w/o life support? That's a closer analogy.

It is the parents decision. But you think it is wrong if they choose life and have all these why.. why ...whys.

Sure reads like "you" know whats right for them.

You're on strawman overload. You keep twisting my words and misstating my argument.

I think it's wrong to knowingly cause pain and suffering.

I think it's wrong to decide what quality of life means for you. And vice-versa.

I've said that over and over in this thread....

Yet women who abort their babies by literally tearing them limb from limb in the womb are doing just that. Doesn't seem to bother you then.

Guess the nut missed this one... care to answer?

The premise of thread is that quality of life is a private conversation. A sad and difficult conversation.

Why don't compassionate conservatives mention this as an exception?

Okay, so it's all about 'quality of life' and it's a 'private discussion'. I guess you're limiting that to just the womb then? What happens whenever someone's 6 year old daughter has a tragic accident and is severely mentally retarded or dealing with issues of living in pain. Is it also a 'private discussion' then for the family to discuss and decide on death?

Apples and oranges.

Nice try.

Can the 6-year-old live w/o life support? That's a closer analogy.

Babies born with downs syndrome do not need life support at birth, yet you used that as an example for a reason to abort? It's a perfectly legitimate question, where do you draw the line? You say you can't stand to see a baby in severe pain, so why would you feel differently about anyone else in severe pain or with severe abnormalities. What about someone badly burned in a fire? How is it different for a new baby than for that 6 yerr old, a 20 year old, an 80 year old who's 'best years' are thought to be behind them? You're trying to play God, or let others play God.

Again, you're LYING.

Prove it.

I said severe deformities. Prove that doctors can't see those in the first trimester.

Stop with the strawmen.

You don't even know what a strawman is, and I already proved, twice, that they cannot *see* or even detect severe deformities in the first trimester, you loon.

Again, you're LYING.

Prove it.

Stop with the strawmen.

In fact, you loon, you quoted the first part of the post that proved it.

What is wrong with you?

"Here's more proof that you're a lying sack of shit when you say severe birth defects can be detected 1st trimester:

"These screening tests help your doctor find out the chance that your baby has certain birth defects, such as Down syndrome or trisomy 18. These tests can't show for sure that your baby has a birth defect."

BTW, this stuff is not debatable. It's fact.

"
The first-trimester screening combines the results of two tests.

• Nuchal translucency test. This test uses ultrasound to measure the thickness of the area at the back of the baby's neck. An increase in the thickness can be an early sign of Down syndrome. The test is not available everywhere, because a doctor must have special training to do it.
  • First-trimester blood tests. These tests measure the amounts of two substances in your blood: beta human chorionic gonadotropin (beta-hCG) and pregnancy-associated plasma protein A (PAPP-A). Beta-hCG is a hormone made by the placenta. High levels may be related to certain birth defects. PAPP-A is a protein in the blood. Low levels may be related to certain birth defects. "
http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/f...topic-overview

More dead babies is the answer.

Zygote, embryo termination is not a 'dead baby'.

Babies can be born in extreme pain and die within in months. Is that pro-life compassion?

Are these listed "abnormalities" idenditfiable at such an early stage?

The wife's a bleeding heart Liberal, but there was no way she was giving up our child (nor was I) when we were informed at 8 weeks gestation that there was a strong indication of Downes Syndrome that showed up in the ultrasound exam.

Leave it to your screwed up mind to equate such a decision with political belief.

With all the talk about abortion exceptions (rape, incest, health of mother) why does no one talk about the health / quality of life of the baby?

What about these exceptions:

Deformity.

Severe Deformity.

Retardation.

Severe retardation.

Down Syndrome.

Malformed Heart.

Malformed Spinal Chord.

When parents who only want to have a healthy baby find out their baby-to-be will have serious and often painful health issues (may even die soon after being born), why aren't we discussion why the GOPs think they have any business in that conversation.

The GOP think that a severely disabled baby is a gift from God and the parents should just accept it and go broke from the medical expenses.

No, we think that life is precious and we don't have the right to destroy it because it doesn't fit our idea of perfection.

I'm still trying to figure out since when society deemed babies as an inconvenience when things just don't go as "planned". Do these babies asked to be conceived?

Yet, when adults act recklessly or even ones who plan on having babies all of a sudden become disappointed because their baby developed a birth defect of some sorts, seem so easily ready to dispose of it.

I'm still trying to figure out since when society deemed babies as an inconvenience when things just don't go as "planned". Do these babies asked to be conceived?

Yet, when adults act recklessly or even ones who plan on having babies all of a sudden become disappointed because their baby developed a birth defect of some sorts, seem so easily ready to dispose of it.
handjob.gif

Yeah....that's what they're called......

evil_baby_1.23.08.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:

Again, you're LYING.

Prove it.

Stop with the strawmen.

When my wife was pregnant with my youngest son, she had an ultrasound. We were told that the baby has a cyst on his brain that would likely result in a still birth, or at best a severely retarded child. We were devastated! The doctor started talking abortion. Despite our convictions that abortion was wrong, we did consider it.
We were still struggling with our decision 2 weeks later, when another ultrasound showed no cyst and no abnormalities of any kind.

Josh is 28, a US Army veteran and a Firefighter/Paramedic.

This is the danger with liberals, they want to choose the quality of life for others. Whether or not you'd be better off dead is a decision that should be made by those who know better.

With all the talk about abortion exceptions (rape, incest, health of mother) why does no one talk about the health / quality of life of the baby?

Deformity.

Severe Deformity.

Retardation.

Severe retardation.

Down Syndrome.

Malformed Heart.

Malformed Spinal Chord.

When parents who only want to have a healthy baby find out their baby-to-be will have serious and often painful health issues (may even die soon after being born), why aren't we discussion why the GOPs think they have any business in that conversation.

Youre proving the slippery slope theory.

But you list is good, if youre a nazi....dr mengala would be proud

It is the parents decision. But you think it is wrong if they choose life and have all these why.. why ...whys.

Sure reads like "you" know whats right for them.

You're on strawman overload. You keep twisting my words and misstating my argument.

I think it's wrong to knowingly cause pain and suffering.

I think it's wrong to decide what quality of life means for you. And vice-versa.

I've said that over and over in this thread....

Yet women who abort their babies by literally tearing them limb from limb in the womb are doing just that. Doesn't seem to bother you then.

That doesn't cause pain or suffering. A fetus doesn't feel pain like we do.

Deformity.

Severe Deformity.

Retardation.

Severe retardation.

Down Syndrome.

Malformed Heart.

Malformed Spinal Chord.

down syndrome is not a reason to abort. I have found these children are happy and very loving.. Hearts can be fixed. There is so many things that can help deformed spines . I guess you want every child that is not 100 percent perfect to be aborted. Same like Hitler wanted a master race.. HUH.. Pretty soon there will be test for autistic people in the womb you will want them killed as well..

If the baby is 100 percent going to die shortly after birth then yes it should be an option but not for all the things you posted above:mad:
hey the birther godwined.....shocking.

Deformity.

Severe Deformity.

Retardation.

Severe retardation.

Down Syndrome.

Malformed Heart.

Malformed Spinal Chord.

down syndrome is not a reason to abort. I have found these children are happy and very loving.. Hearts can be fixed. There is so many things that can help deformed spines . I guess you want every child that is not 100 percent perfect to be aborted. Same like Hitler wanted a master race.. HUH.. Pretty soon there will be test for autistic people in the womb you will want them killed as well..

If the baby is 100 percent going to die shortly after birth then yes it should be an option but not for all the things you posted above:mad:

Down Syndrome kids cost a lot of money, and need medical treatment. They are a drain on the finances of a family. I don't want to go broke looking after a child I am not capable of caring for.

Forum List

Back