“a wife is commanded to submit to her husband”

It's a fundamentalist school which nobody is required to attend and obviously wouldn't unless they subscribe to the same beliefs, so what do you care?
Because these beliefs are only a couple degrees of separation away from the #2 executive in the country. That's worth caring about.

God forbid that the values that built this country, and this modern world, should be in the oval office.

What might happen? We might build something.

christian evangelicals did NOT build this country.

American values are NOT christian.

By the standards of liberals today, the vast majority of those who built this country, would have been extremely conservative Christians.

And our American values are completely based on the Christian religion.

"And our American values are completely based on the Christian religion."

really?

like.....give an example?

which American values?

can you even name a few?

I doubt it.

Karen Pence: VP's wife to teach at school that bans LGBT students

Karen Pence, the second lady of the United States, has started a job at a school that bans LGBT pupils and staff.

Pence, who is married to the vice-president, Mike Pence, will be teaching art twice a week at Immanuel Christian, an elementary school in northern Virginia.

The school makes parents sign an agreement, available online, which states that the school reserves the right to refuse admission to, or remove from the school, any pupil who participates in, supports or condones “sexual immorality, homosexual activity or bi-sexual activity”.

The document signed by parents also asks that they do not “propagate doctrines” that are not in agreement with the belief that “God created the heavens and earth and all life by direct act, and not by undirected evolutionary process”. The job application asks potential teachers to agree that “a wife is commanded to submit to her husband”.

I throw this out to the girls on here. Do you "submit" to your husband ? And if you dont are you still
a good Christian ? I married a Catholic and this wasnt mentioned at the tedious marriage lectures I had to attend.

Another one that has no clue about the Bible. The term doesn't mean docile, servant, inferior, not is it degrading. When you look at things in a manner other than how they're supposed to be viewed, you miss the meaning.

It's a fundamentalist school which nobody is required to attend and obviously wouldn't unless they subscribe to the same beliefs, so what do you care?
When trump is locked up Pence will be the leader of the free world. It must worry you that he is in agreement with this schools ethos ?
Pence would be a better President than Obama, who thinks traditional minded people are "bitter clingers" or Hillary Clinton, who calls us "deplorables."
And it's been proven over and over that Hillary was spot on!

Not a big deal, yes I would prefer her choice was to teach in a school that was open to all children, that's only because she is married to the vice president of the United States, and says she takes her direction from him.

Karen Pence, the second lady of the United States, has started a job at a school that bans LGBT pupils and staff.

Pence, who is married to the vice-president, Mike Pence, will be teaching art twice a week at Immanuel Christian, an elementary school in northern Virginia.

The school makes parents sign an agreement, available online, which states that the school reserves the right to refuse admission to, or remove from the school, any pupil who participates in, supports or condones “sexual immorality, homosexual activity or bi-sexual activity”.

The document signed by parents also asks that they do not “propagate doctrines” that are not in agreement with the belief that “God created the heavens and earth and all life by direct act, and not by undirected evolutionary process”. The job application asks potential teachers to agree that “a wife is commanded to submit to her husband”.

I throw this out to the girls on here. Do you "submit" to your husband ? And if you dont are you still
a good Christian ? I married a Catholic and this wasnt mentioned at the tedious marriage lectures I had to attend.

I would answer but I haven't been a girl for about 30 years Tommy. Too bad, you might have wanted to hear from me.
I am sorry Sue.I just assumed. How do you self identify ?

When trump is locked up Pence will be the leader of the free world. It must worry you that he is in agreement with this schools ethos ?

I don't recall anybody on the left giving a flying monkey shit when it was revealed that Obama sat in a church for 20 years with a pastor who preached Black Liberation Theology and he became the president, not the Vice-President's wife, who has no power whatsoever, is a private citizen, and can teach where ever the hell she wants, so again, why do you care what she does?
She could only take the job with his blessing. Thats creepy.

Are you serious? That's how relationships work, one partner doesn't do something unless they other partner gives their blessing.

The fact is hate and intolerance is being propagated to another generation. Hasn't history enlightened our species even a little bit?

Of course this is expected coming from Pence, he made clear what he was, and what he was not, when in his acceptance speech he said,

"I'm a Christian, a conservative, and a Republican, in that order,"

Pence wasn't asked to be VP based on his ability to support and defend COTUS, he was hand picked to get the votes from middle American Rubes and the Social Conservatives.

Private school. Those don’t exist in the UK?

third mates cannot be as serious as first mates.
Democrats are as serious as in mates.

The left is trying fashion a religious test to hold office and prohibit elected office to Christians.

ha ha ha

perfect!

a PERFECT example of a conservative accusing his enemies of his own crimes!

MOST liberal/democrats/progressives are NOT pushing for a "religious test" to deny CHRISTIANS the right to hold public office.....That is a FKN LIE! (is that why you voted for trump? because he lies like you?)
((is lying a conservative christian moral?))

However.....you can bet that Mike Pence and Roy Moore and Rush Limbaugh and MILLIONS of conservatives would LOVE a "religious test" denying NONchristians the right to hold public office

pat robertson "only christians are moral enough to teach in our schools, serve in the military or hold public office"

Private school. Those don’t exist in the UK?
Yes they do.

So if it is private money why does it matter what they teach? I am a Jew but to me Christians should be able to teach how they see fit in a private institution?

Another one that has no clue about the Bible. The term doesn't mean docile, servant, inferior, not is it degrading. When you look at things in a manner other than how they're supposed to be viewed, you miss the meaning.

It means the husband is the leader in the home, a wife submits in that regard, not as a tyrant or superior being. A good husband involves his wife in making choices and important decisions

Forum List

Back