“a wife is commanded to submit to her husband”

Karen Pence: VP's wife to teach at school that bans LGBT students

Karen Pence, the second lady of the United States, has started a job at a school that bans LGBT pupils and staff.

Pence, who is married to the vice-president, Mike Pence, will be teaching art twice a week at Immanuel Christian, an elementary school in northern Virginia.

The school makes parents sign an agreement, available online, which states that the school reserves the right to refuse admission to, or remove from the school, any pupil who participates in, supports or condones “sexual immorality, homosexual activity or bi-sexual activity”.

The document signed by parents also asks that they do not “propagate doctrines” that are not in agreement with the belief that “God created the heavens and earth and all life by direct act, and not by undirected evolutionary process”. The job application asks potential teachers to agree that “a wife is commanded to submit to her husband”.

I throw this out to the girls on here. Do you "submit" to your husband ? And if you dont are you still
a good Christian ? I married a Catholic and this wasnt mentioned at the tedious marriage lectures I had to attend.

I would answer but I haven't been a girl for about 30 years Tommy. Too bad, you might have wanted to hear from me.

Karen Pence, the second lady of the United States, has started a job at a school that bans LGBT pupils and staff.

Pence, who is married to the vice-president, Mike Pence, will be teaching art twice a week at Immanuel Christian, an elementary school in northern Virginia.

The school makes parents sign an agreement, available online, which states that the school reserves the right to refuse admission to, or remove from the school, any pupil who participates in, supports or condones “sexual immorality, homosexual activity or bi-sexual activity”.

The document signed by parents also asks that they do not “propagate doctrines” that are not in agreement with the belief that “God created the heavens and earth and all life by direct act, and not by undirected evolutionary process”. The job application asks potential teachers to agree that “a wife is commanded to submit to her husband”.

I throw this out to the girls on here. Do you "submit" to your husband ? And if you dont are you still
a good Christian ? I married a Catholic and this wasnt mentioned at the tedious marriage lectures I had to attend.

Well, see this is America and there is really room for everyone when you take a look at it. Now if this was Britain, maybe that school would be shut down and the principle jailed. But here in the US, there CAN exist such a private school where even beliefs that to you personally, may sound ridiculous, but by the same token, Gays, LGBT's, etc. can find many welcoming arms for them in other schools as well. There is no reason to fret over private schools such as this, when I'm sure youll find the same sort of rule set in Islamic schools as well.
Even in your country, I bet in some of those no-go zones where British authority is not allowed to venture,.... I bet even there you have some muslim schools who do not allow gays or LGBT's. But wouldn't you call this diversity?
There arent any no go zones in the UK. UK schools are not permitted to spread homophobia. It is causing problems for a lot of hate groups.

Jewish families ‘will leave UK’ to avoid lessons on gay relationships

JEWISH families??? Still avoiding the issue, Tommy, still running? You know the stats, I provided them for you. 52% of UK Muslims think homosexuality should be ILLEGAL and you're picking on KAREN PENCE, who no doubt does NOT think homosexuality should be illegal.

You can run but you can't hide from your crush on the Muslims, Tommy. Do you suppose it's the hijabs?

Why are your panties in a twitch regarding the arrangements between two consenting adults?

Because the modern Left are moralizing busybody Church Ladies. But we knew this.

Tommy loves his role in this too.

Sounds like a great school to find a wife!

My wife & her friends are Christians who who formed an "Apples of Gold" group that taught them to submit to their husbands. Marrying her was the best decision I ever made!

really really serious relationships cannot be free under any form of capitalism.
They can and are

My idea of a good marriage is mutual friendship, an alliance, a team. It has nothing to do with one spouse "submitting" to the other.

True, but the team has to have a Captain, otherwise nobody knows what’s going on. That’s the Mans role... to lead, to provide and to protect. Likewise it is the woman’s role to support, nurture and assist her Husband.

Wives should submit to their husbands.

Don’t husbands submit to their wives when they agree to stay faithful to them and provide for them for the rest of their lives?

It's a private school.

I throw this out to the girls on here. Do you "submit" to your husband ? And if you dont are you still a good Christian ? I married a Catholic and this wasnt mentioned at the tedious marriage lectures I had to attend.

Considering the replies you got, are there still any questions left as to the provenance of the steady supply of little misogynistic, homophobic, anti-science Talibaners? In case you've wondered whence these came... Of course, there's also a slight suspicion that the Second Lady, certainly in close coordination with the VP, specifically chose this very misogynistic, homophobic, anti-science "school" (it should be called a madrassa, for clarity) in order to send a message to all the misogynistic, homophobic, anti-science mouth-breathers out there, namely, your misogyny, homophobia, and your ignorance, and fierce rejection, of science are a-okay.

That closed-minded Talibaner Banana-Republic (currently closed) needs some work, and the resentment of misogynistic, homophobic, anti-science Talibaners doesn't create itself out of thin air, for gawd's sake!

Last edited:
Because the modern Left are moralizing busybody Church Ladies

You mean capitulating church ladies cherrypicking parabels to fit their narrative...

Of course, there's also a slight suspicion that the Second Lady, certainly in close coordination with the VP, specifically chose this very misogynistic, homophobic, anti-science "school" (it should be called a madrassa, for clarity) in order to send a message to all the misogynistic, homophobic, anti-science mouth-breathers out there, namely, your misogyny, homophobia, and your ignorance, and fierce rejection, of science is a-okay.

well said Old one.....bravo!

Once again the rabid religmo's seek to subvert our constitution ,hiding behind the cross

~S~

What does her working at that school, r the school itself have to to do with submitting to your husband?

It's a fundamentalist school which nobody is required to attend and obviously wouldn't unless they subscribe to the same beliefs, so what do you care?
Because these beliefs are only a couple degrees of separation away from the #2 executive in the country. That's worth caring about.

God forbid that the values that built this country, and this modern world, should be in the oval office.

What might happen? We might build something.

christian evangelicals did NOT build this country.

American values are NOT christian.

By the standards of liberals today, the vast majority of those who built this country, would have been extremely conservative Christians.

And our American values are completely based on the Christian religion.

I sure hope that school doesn't accept any public tax dollars. If they do, they're breaking the law.

I used to be married. For 30 years. No I didn't submit to my ex.

I used to be a christian. I joined the Jesus freak movement in the early 70s.

I got over it.

I've been a pagan since the 70s and no pagan is directed to submit to their husband. If I was still a christian I wouldn't submit to anyone.

If someone wants to live that way it's their choice and no one has the right to judge them. Same as if someone doesn't want to live that way, it's their choice and no one has the right to judge them.

See how freedom works?

I sure hope that school doesn't accept any public tax dollars. If they do, they're breaking the law.

I got over it.

I've been a pagan since the 70s and no pagan is directed to submit to their husband. If I was still a christian I wouldn't submit to anyone.

If someone wants to live that way it's their choice and no one has the right to judge them. Same as if someone doesn't want to live that way, it's their choice and no one has the right to judge them.

See how freedom works?

That's nice...Now go make some sammiches.

I got over it.

See how freedom works?

That's nice...Now go make some sammiches.

Get your self bub!

If you can't make your own sandwich then starve.

And people really want Trump impeached? This level of Christianity is as bigoted as Islam. I consider myself Christian but I’m also bisexual. And no I don’t “submit” to my husband, whatever the fuck that means...

Forum List

Back