507,533 Signatures Collected As Of Today

Your usual substance-free post. Good job!

Taking a small but highly vocal segment of the whole and mischaracterizing the whole based on that paradigm may be politically expedient but it is nothing less then intellectually farcical.

The point that this is largely a problem due to the recession isn't something you can dismiss.

My comment about the Articles of Confederation is that I believe that's what the cons are seeking. They say that they loooovee the Constitution, but it established a federal government. What they want is fifty separate countries, where they can be free of pesky modern ideas.

Hyperbole much?

I'm telling you what I see, from the Tea Party rhetoric from the posters here and the candidates for the GOP nomination. They are anti-science, anti-freedom of religion, anti-civil rights, and they cite the 10th Amendment as a justification for doing what they want in their own states. You see yourself as a voice of reason, but you need to add an eye patch to that pirate getup in your avatar-Jack Black had two eyes, but one of yours is covered up.

And would "I" fall under that category of poster here, Article?

I'm telling you what I see, from the Tea Party rhetoric from the posters here and the candidates for the GOP nomination. They are anti-science, anti-freedom of religion, anti-civil rights, and they cite the 10th Amendment as a justification for doing what they want in their own states. You see yourself as a voice of reason, but you need to add an eye patch to that pirate getup in your avatar-Jack Black had two eyes, but one of yours is covered up.

Please link to a credible source, supporting these assertions.

List each GOP candidate, and at least 1 example of said candidate specifically stating a policy that is anti-science, anti-freedom of religion, anti-civil rights and an instance where they cite the 10th amendment in order to achieve a personal agenda that is not considered 'mainstream'.

I dare you.

If you cannot, then you are simply a partisan hack lying scumbag.

Whether or not the recall is successful I dont know but when you demonize, criticize, and wage war against a group of middle class people in your state you had better expect a fight. What did he think they were going to do, lay down and say thanks? People who think this are strictly and unequivocally idiots.

No. I have no problem with people organizing for better wages. Unfortunately that's not what today's unions are. If you want to teach for example in a public school, you have no choice but to join a teacher's union. But the real reason it isn't a free market is because a public employee's pay does not come from anything they produce.

I wasn't claiming that the public sector was a free market. The original statement I made, that you responded to, was about private-sector pay and benefits. I alleged that what we really should be asking is not why public sector employees have it so cushy, but rather why private sector employees DON'T. (Which relates directly, in fact, to the decline of private-sector unions, while they remain strong in the public sector.) That's when you talked about a "free market" being better in terms of setting wages and benefits, and why I asked you that question.

In the private sector it is always a two party negotiation. One decides what they will provide while the other decides how much they are willing to forgoe to get it. That isn't the case in the public sector. Those who decide what to pay people aren't deciding how much to forgo of their own money. They are deciding how much to give of someone elses.

That's not really a difference between public and private employment, though, except for really small businesses that have a single owner who runs everything. The person making the decision in a larger business is spending the company's money, not his own.

Last edited:
Is that a trick question?

In Wisconsin teachers were required to pay money to WEAC, the Wisconsin teachers' union, whether they joined or not. It was taken out of their check directly.

This is no longer the case.

That's the only state I know about.

I'm wondering about some documentation of that.

Thanks.

Documentation for which part?

That public employees had to pay money to unions even if they chose not to join? Or that it was taken out of their paychecks directly? Or that the union which got the cut from the teachers' paycheck was WEAC? Or that it has changed now?

Liberal temper tantrum. I didn't get my way, so I am going to use the recall option to bastardize the political system.

Petulant cry babies.

What about when Grey Davis was recalled?

In liberal California, recalling (or attempting to) is pretty much the norm, is it not?

So do you support the libs in Wis. going after anyone who doesn't agree with them?

1) A singular, unusual incident is not "the norm."

2) You're deflecting and lying. The recall effort against Davis was not a "liberal" effort.

3) Each state has the right to set these laws for itself. What is your objection to state citizens exercising their rights under state law to hold its government accountable to the people?

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker has set his sights on ending the availability of cervical and breast cancer screening —along with multiple sclerosis detection— for Wisconsin women who have insufficient health insurance to pay for these critical procedures.

It’s not about money or budgets or unions or any of the usual ideologically driven nonsense we’ve come to expect from Scott Walker. This time, it’s just all about politics.

The screening service, which goes by the name of the Wisconsin Well Woman Program and is administered by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, contracts with various screening providers throughout the state on a county-by-county basis. Among those who provide these critical services to women between the ages of 45 and 64 is Planned Parenthood.

The good news is that Walker is not looking to completely destroy the program. If you are a woman fortunate enough to live in a county where the screening is available by any entity that is not Planned Parenthood, these tests will continue to be available to you.

However, if you are a Wisconsin woman with insufficient funds or insurance to pay for cancer and multiple sclerosis screening and live in Winnebago, Fond du Lac, Sheboygan, or Outagamie County, I’m afraid you now have a problem. Planned Parenthood is the only organization providing the screening program in these areas and each of the local offices has been notified that their contract with the state to provide such screening will terminate at the end of this year.

Scott Walker Kills Women's Cancer Screening Program For Political Gain - Forbes

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker has set his sights on ending the availability of cervical and breast cancer screening —along with multiple sclerosis detection— for Wisconsin women who have insufficient health insurance to pay for these critical procedures.

<snip>
Scott Walker Kills Women's Cancer Screening Program For Political Gain - Forbes

Oh Chris..........

"Says Well Woman program coordinator, Kristen Biese, ”I’m very worried about the women that we serve, and the actions taken to remove Planned Parenthood from the Well Woman program are really cold-hearted and a huge disservice to the women in our communities”.

Wisconsin resident, Carol Lechner, could not agree more. It was just a month ago that Lechner, who has no health insurance and was dependent on the program for cancer screening, discovered—thanks to the free screening she received at her local Planned Parenthood office— that she had breast cancer. According to Ms. Lechner, had it not been for Planned Parenthood, she would never have received the lifesaving treatment she requires."

List of free clinics in WI:
Wisconsin Free Medical Clinics | Free Clinics in Wisconsin

You may buff my halo now... :eusa_angel:

Prove it.

Prove that he did not. You can't. End of story.

Bull shit.

Look at the fact check link SAT posted. It says the opposite of what he (and now you) claim.

Doyle used stimulus funds to kick the can down the road.

SAT's link points out that Walker couldn't have used stimulus funds for his budget even if he wanted to. The funds ran out at the end of the Doyle budget. The stimulus was over by the time Walker's budget began.

That was too easy. If you're going to make claims which go against common knowledge, then at least try to make sure they're not ones which are rebutted by your own ally's fact check links.

Opinions are not facts. Prove your point.

The point that this is largely a problem due to the recession isn't something you can dismiss.

My comment about the Articles of Confederation is that I believe that's what the cons are seeking. They say that they loooovee the Constitution, but it established a federal government. What they want is fifty separate countries, where they can be free of pesky modern ideas.

Huh? How exactly is it that modern ideas can only be found in centralized governments? It isn't that conservatives want 50 separate countries. We want the power of the fed to be limited, like it's limited in the constitution.

Huh? How exactly is it that modern ideas can only be found in centralized governments? It isn't that conservatives want 50 separate countries. We want the power of the fed to be limited, like it's limited in the constitution.

Please elaborate. Thanks.

Is that a trick question?

In Wisconsin teachers were required to pay money to WEAC, the Wisconsin teachers' union, whether they joined or not. It was taken out of their check directly.

This is no longer the case.

That's the only state I know about.

I'm wondering about some documentation of that.

Thanks.

Documentation for which part?

That public employees had to pay money to unions even if they chose not to join? Or that it was taken out of their paychecks directly? Or that the union which got the cut from the teachers' paycheck was WEAC? Or that it has changed now?

For all of that, Amelia.

Thanks.

To give Scottie Walker his walking papers.

Out of a total of 94% of the 540,000 needed. Their internal goal is 740,000 or thereabouts.

It's a wrap folks...Scottie's TOAST!!!

:lol: :clap2: :eusa_clap:

Source: The Wisconsin Democratic Party

Scott Walker Recall Effort Collected 507,000 Signatures in a Month | Mother Jones

Was wondering how many of those sigs were real....

:badgrin:

Anyone who has been handed a petition knows that you just sign and hand it back. They wouldn't care if you signed it a hundred times. I could sit here and make my own petition and start off with as many sigs as I could write. No way to check the legitimacy of any of them.

I guess some are upset with how well the Wisconsin schools have been doing since Walker wisely stood up to the greedy unions. More teachers were hired and they've had extra millions to go for more important things to help the children. But, the teachers whine because they don't get as many freebies from the tax payers.

This all comes down to what is best for the students and what the teachers want. More jobs have been created and the schools can offer more for the children. Only a union would see that as a bad thing.

Last edited:
WAUKESHA, Wisc. (CN) - Gov. Scott Walker's campaign committee sued the state, claiming the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "has publicly announced that otherwise qualified signers of a recall petition affecting Governor Scott K. Walker may sign more than once".
The campaign committee claims the Government Accountability Board also announced that "it will not review the petitions for facially duplicative signatures," unfairly placing that burden on the committee.

The Government Accountability Board is in charge of administering the recall. Walker's campaign committee claims the "GAB has also publicly stated that it will not strike obviously fictitious names such as Mickey Mouse or signatures without a street address."

Walker's committee claims it asked the board on Nov. 17 to clarify whether a qualified elector could sign multiple recall sheets "with the intent or hope that his or her name will be counted more than once."
The board's counsel responded 'that there is no specific prohibition on a person signing a recall petition more than once," according to the complaint
Courthouse News Service

So it's okay if people sign more than once and if it's Mickey Mouse, as long as he has an address...okie dokie. Who says Wisconsin isn't backwards?

Nonsense, Clementine. Yes, you can check on the legitimacy of the signers. That's exactly what they're going to do. If they can't verify a signature, it doesn't count.

Last edited:
WAUKESHA, Wisc. (CN) - Gov. Scott Walker's campaign committee sued the state, claiming the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "has publicly announced that otherwise qualified signers of a recall petition affecting Governor Scott K. Walker may sign more than once".
The campaign committee claims the Government Accountability Board also announced that "it will not review the petitions for facially duplicative signatures," unfairly placing that burden on the committee.

The Government Accountability Board is in charge of administering the recall. Walker's campaign committee claims the "GAB has also publicly stated that it will not strike obviously fictitious names such as Mickey Mouse or signatures without a street address."

Walker's committee claims it asked the board on Nov. 17 to clarify whether a qualified elector could sign multiple recall sheets "with the intent or hope that his or her name will be counted more than once."
The board's counsel responded 'that there is no specific prohibition on a person signing a recall petition more than once," according to the complaint
Courthouse News Service

So it's okay if people sign more than once and if it's Mickey Mouse, as long as he has an address...okie dokie. Who says Wisconsin isn't backwards?

Can you read at all? No, it's not OK if someone signs more than once, and the Mickey Mouse comment is to explain that if there really is a Mickey J. Mouse, registered voter, at a specific, real address, his signature counts. You don't disqualify someone just because they have a name like a famous person.

Forum List

Back