Walker recall on track

What? You expected honesty?

Are you suggesting I fabricated six months of news stories and BLS data showing Wisconsin continuing to shed jobs while the nation as a whole creates them?

A little dose of reality for you: the jobs picture in Wisconsin turned sharply downward shortly after Walker signed his budget and it hasn't come up for air since; the state has since posted some of the worst job numbers in the nation (multiple times). I realize that doesn't jibe with the rightwing fantasy of Walker riding in to rescue the state. My apologies.

Are you suggesting I fabricated six months of news stories and BLS data showing Wisconsin continuing to shed jobs while the nation as a whole creates them?

A little dose of reality for you: the jobs picture in Wisconsin turned sharply downward shortly after Walker signed his budget and it hasn't come up for air since; the state has since posted some of the worst job numbers in the nation (multiple times). I realize that doesn't jibe with the rightwing fantasy of Walker riding in to rescue the state. My apologies.
As a WI resident... I have seen the job picture brighten. Plus I have a friend who is a director of research for a local chamber of commerce who has seen many positives in the state. Maybe not so much in Milwaukee, Kenosha and Racine, and that can drag the overall numbers down, but the rest of the state IS improving slowly.

Gee, Greenie...what's been happening lately in Wisconsin that could make companies have second thoughts about moving there? Hmmmm...oh, yeah...there's an attempt by the Democrats to get rid of the guy that made the State attractive to businesses and bring back the same bunch of idiots who ran Wisconsin 3 billion into the red. I get a kick out of your rationale for why you think Walker should be canned...because the effort to get him recalled is causing businesses not to flock to Wisconsin? So what do you think is going to happen is he IS recalled? Is there ANY rational thought remaining on the Left anymore?

I suspect Wisconsin's horrible job numbers have played a part in the success of the recall campaign.

Dosen't seem like you have a clue, green's.

The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development (DWD) today released the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) monthly report showing Wisconsin’s unemployment rate dropped in November to 7.3 percent from 7.7 percent in October.
Wisconsin unemployment rate falls to 7.3% - BizTimes

You do realize that is below the national average....right? :eusa_whistle:

I suspect Wisconsin's horrible job numbers have played a part in the success of the recall campaign.

The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development (DWD) today released the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) monthly report showing Wisconsin’s unemployment rate dropped in November to 7.3 percent from 7.7 percent in October.

Indeed, the same month Wisconsin registered 14,600 job losses (i.e. one of the worst months in the state in three years). Sounds like Wisconsin has a lot of discouraged workers dropping out of the labor force.

Indeed, the same month Wisconsin registered 14,600 job losses (i.e. one of the worst months in the state in three years). Sounds like Wisconsin has a lot of discouraged workers dropping out of the labor force.

If given that excuse, then we can give that over 15%+ of Americans are in the same boat nationwide, so the workforce is a lot worse than the 8.5%, huh, son?....

If given that excuse, then we can give that over 15%+ of Americans are in the same boat nationwide, so the workforce is a lot worse than the 8.5%, huh, son?....

Excuse for what? Wisconsin lost jobs in the last month for which we have data. Is there something keeping that fact from sinking in for you?

It also lost jobs the month before that. And the month before that. And the month before that. And the month before that.

Republicans not only do not blame the poor, Republicans support the poor generously.

Yes, there are so many ways the Republicans support the poor. There's voting against unemployment benefit extensions, proposing cuts in Medicaid, the school lunch program, Head Start, food stamps, and most other social programs. Then there's repeal of Obamacare that would remove millions from Medicaid.

Minus all the signatures of the illegal aliens, dead people and cartoon characters that should be about tree-fiddy total! :lol:

Keep wishing.

Walker will survive. He did exactly what the people of WI voted him in to do. The brutish and vocal Union thugs will not drown out the will of the WI voter. The unions won't have much to say when to the parents seeing their schools actually being funded properly, their schools adding more teachers and their kids actually doing better in school! Not to mention the tax payer that is happy to see WI balance the budget without raising taxes!

Walker deserves a metal, admiration, respect and copycatting from the rest of the country! The guy did an impossible feat balance a HUGE budget deficit without raising taxes or firing teachers (in fact WI is one of the few states adding teachers)!

Minus all the signatures of the illegal aliens, dead people and cartoon characters that should be about tree-fiddy total! :lol:

Keep wishing.

Walker will survive. He did exactly what the people of WI voted him in to do. The brutish and vocal Union thugs will not drown out the will of the WI voter. The unions won't have much to say when to the parents seeing their schools actually being funded properly, their schools adding more teachers and their kids actually doing better in school! Not to mention the tax payer that is happy to see WI balance the budget without raising taxes!

Walker deserves a metal, admiration, respect and copycatting from the rest of the country! The guy did an impossible feat balance a HUGE budget deficit without raising taxes or firing teachers (in fact WI is one of the few states adding teachers)!

No, he went WAY beyond what he was elected to do. He could have stopped when the unions agreed to pay more for their benefits to do their part in the budget crisis. But no, listening to the Koch Brothers he decided to take it further and declare all out war on working men and women.

Now he's paying the price.

The poll showed that 58 percent of respondents believe Walker should be recalled from office. That compares with 47 percent who said in April that he should be recalled.

The growth in support for a recall came, surprisingly, from Republicans. In the spring, only 7 percent of Republicans supported recalling Walker but that grew to 24 percent in the fall. Support among Democrats held mainly steady at 88 percent in the spring and 92 percent in the fall.

Poll shows most favor recall of Wisconsin governor - chicagotribune.com

Leave to libs to turn the political process upside down. Democrat state politicians left their posts and fled to another state like a bunch of criminals to avoid voting on a bill they didn't like and now they want to recall the governor? You gotta be kidding?

Live by partisan politics, die by partisan politics.

Keep wishing.

No, he went WAY beyond what he was elected to do. He could have stopped when the unions agreed to pay more for their benefits to do their part in the budget crisis. But no, listening to the Koch Brothers he decided to take it further and declare all out war on working men and women.

Now he's paying the price.

The poll showed that 58 percent of respondents believe Walker should be recalled from office. That compares with 47 percent who said in April that he should be recalled.

The growth in support for a recall came, surprisingly, from Republicans. In the spring, only 7 percent of Republicans supported recalling Walker but that grew to 24 percent in the fall. Support among Democrats held mainly steady at 88 percent in the spring and 92 percent in the fall.
Poll shows most favor recall of Wisconsin governor - chicagotribune.com
You just don't get it do you?

Unless you take away the real threat of WEAC, which was their collective bargaining, which even FDR recognized as a threat to the nation, you've only delayed the inevitable. Next contract they'll fight to get their contributions dropped or eliminated or they strike or something It was totally a ploy they saw as being able to overcome in time the losses they suffered.

But without collective bargaining, the citizens of the state were saved from this happening again, putting them right back where they were with only a year or two delay. Walker did what he promised for those who elected him. Oh and that poll that is supposedly showing strong republican support is from two liberal strongholds at WPR and St. Norbert's college who got a miniscule sample of people who self identified. Hardly good internals from when I remember seeing it.

Last edited:
Republicans not only do not blame the poor, Republicans support the poor generously.

Yes, there are so many ways the Republicans support the poor. There's voting against unemployment benefit extensions, proposing cuts in Medicaid, the school lunch program, Head Start, food stamps, and most other social programs. Then there's repeal of Obamacare that would remove millions from Medicaid.
Unemployed benefits for people who elected to push for $200 an hour instead of the $125 an hour they pushed their auto mfg out of business to get while they themselves did nothing to help the less fortunate? Sorry, some of the people on unemployment want more than they're willing to put out. They don't want to deal with Republicans to make them account for anything, because their priest and god is the Union who hates free enterprise and wants power they don't deserve, because the only people they're into is themselves, not others. Period.

No, not proposing cuts in Medicade, being certain nobody ever comes with her FBI list of errors on other congressmen, saying you have to pass this fricken bill nobody has time to read since we made it over 2,000 pages long to read and swallow in less than 2 weeks for your "perusal". What a joke.

School lunch programs, head-start, food stamps, and social programs--all these are proven to serve keeping the poor poor, the dependent dependent, the uneducated uncompetitive, and social programs guaranteeing that the same people's children will also need somebody else to provide lunch, education, food, and social programs that guarantee the grandchildren will also be parasites.

Enough! Quit making working people who have enough on them feeding and educating their own children to make them responsible for the other 70% of the people whose dependence becomes a bigger anchor that sinks a smaller boat.

Republicans have a solid background in care for others, in making things right for those who were slaves, in providing fishing poles for those to catch their own fish.

Yet, Democrats in order to gaggle working people with demands are always waiting for the opportunity to destroy success and cram legislation down the throats of American people who want jobs, not charity.

The Republicans do offer jobs as well as incentives.

It's just that some people really do not care to work for someone else so that their children can claim a diploma and opportunities that a free society offers.

About all the Democrats are offering is such severe spending practices it hogties workers to such high taxes nobody can pay them, and when you add the burden of tripled transportation costs, people can't even take a week off in the summer to visit a national park, because their savings allotment went to paying the ridiculous prices for gas unwise political moves have cost us, starting with the shut down of Americans from drilling in our own international waters so that two communist countries can move in and drill anyways.

We're fed up with Obama's bumbling, and it's not in America's favor to keep him at the helm of this country any longer. He keeps speeding us into cliffs of human despair. Enough already!

Walker did what he promised for those who elected him.

Fact: Governor Walker didn't promise to strip collective bargaining.

Fact: Governor Walker claimed his budget would keep collective bargain intact.

Fact: His claim was a huge lie.

PolitiFact Wisconsin | Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker says his budget-repair bill would leave collective bargaining

rulings%2Ftom-pantsonfire.gif

If the folks in WI don't like what Walkers done then they can always vote him out.

Waste of Union money in my book. They must have plenty to waste.

He only took away collective bargaining in the PUBLIC sector from a few unions on benefits. This is so overblown it's comical. Even FDR, the moran that codified a rash of pro-union laws, warned us about public sector unions.

The bill also cut pay increases for officials down to a percentage of the CPI. You lefties just hit the panic button to make your minions moan and cry.

He only took away collective bargaining in the PUBLIC sector from a few unions on benefits. This is so overblown it's comical. Even FDR, the moran that codified a rash of pro-union laws, warned us about public sector unions.

The bill also cut pay increases for officials down to a percentage of the CPI. You lefties just hit the panic button to make your minions moan and cry.

What's a "moran"? :confused:

Forum List

Back