Other than piss off unions, what did Scott Walker do to deserve a recall?

Outside money and the election results from outside money should be rejected by the residents of any state.
Outstate agitators squatting at the capitol in Madison last winter didn't seem to bother anybody.

There were lots of auto plates from Illinois, Minnesota, Ioway, and numerous other states on the scene.

Progressive Change Campaign Committee and Democracy for America are two of the outside groups who helped fund the recall efforts this summer.

Also, I received fundraising mailers from MoveOn about the recalls. (Yeah, I'm on their mailing list - I find it informative.)

Last edited:
Outside money and the election results from outside money should be rejected by the residents of any state.
Outstate agitators squatting at the capitol in Madison last winter didn't seem to bother anybody.

There were lots of auto plates from Illinois, Minnesota, Ioway, and numerous other states on the scene.

So by that sidestepping of the issue of campaign finance from out of state you dissagree with me?

I was under the illusion that you leaned towards a libertarian viewpoint. I used to entertain some Libertarian political views until I decided that I was being a chicken shit and what I REALLY wanted was my GOP back in the control of principled people like Ike and Barry. Libertarians fundamentally believe that the "individual" should be the source of all power in government. From there the power should be given those that represent those individuals..AKA local government ... and the pattern repeated up the ladder... with as little intrusion as possible on the needs and desires of the individual. Outside money flies in the face of that concept.

You are mistaking the right in the constitution of "freedom of assembly" with campaign financing.
I'm sidestepping nothing.....Those outstaters squatting in Madison came with lots and lots of union cash to fill the coffers....And most of the union outsiders were from the trades (with whom I have extremely few qualms), not bureaucrat unions (which, IM not-at-all HO should be outlawed).

That aside, Koch Industries has numerous business interests, including physical manufacturing operations, in the State of Wisconsin*...So they do indeed have a vested financial interest in the political atmosphere of the state.

*SOURCE

Last edited:

Got most of his financial support from Koch brothers who don't reside in his state. He is the product of a bought and paid for "by outside interests" governorship.

That alone should give the people of Wisconsin reason to recall. He does not represent THEM, the majority of the people of WI. He, according to the Koch brothers...represents THEM... two billionaires in West Palm Beach FLA.

But he sure as Hell went a long way to fixing their states financial problems. But fuck that, fire his ass anyway, right? Let's just have more of the same from the Dems in WI. Higher taxes, lower wages, more money for the unions. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!! STATUS QUO!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

was there outside money in Walkers election? Link?

But he sure as Hell went a long way to fixing their states financial problems. But fuck that, fire his ass anyway, right? Let's just have more of the same from the Dems in WI. Higher taxes, lower wages, more money for the unions. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!! STATUS QUO!!!!!!!!!!

I believe I have read that anyone facing a recall is allowed to raise unlimited funds and is not restricted to in-state funding... This does not apply to the party seeking to overthrow the recallee... I don't have a link to that handy...

I didn't get my "information" regarding my point from the internets. I heard an interview by one of the Koch brothers on the radio where he stated that he had heavily supported Walker...In the interview the Koch also claimed strangely enough that he also supported unions...That made me laugh. :lol:

So..no I don't have a "link". I had direct evidence. You are welcome to try to find the interview and refute my offering of what I heard.

So by that sidestepping of the issue of campaign finance from out of state you dissagree with me?

I was under the illusion that you leaned towards a libertarian viewpoint. I used to entertain some Libertarian political views until I decided that I was being a chicken shit and what I REALLY wanted was my GOP back in the control of principled people like Ike and Barry. Libertarians fundamentally believe that the "individual" should be the source of all power in government. From there the power should be given those that represent those individuals..AKA local government ... and the pattern repeated up the ladder... with as little intrusion as possible on the needs and desires of the individual. Outside money flies in the face of that concept.

You are mistaking the right in the constitution of "freedom of assembly" with campaign financing.
I'm sidestepping nothing.....Those outstaters squatting in Madison came with lots and lots of union cash to fill the coffers....And most of the union outsiders were from the trades (with whom I have extremely few qualms), not bureaucrat unions (which, IM not-at-all HO should be outlawed).

That aside, Koch Industries has numerous business interests, including physical manufacturing operations, in the State of Wisconsin*...So they do indeed have a vested financial interest in the political atmosphere of the state.

*SOURCE

So you do not believe the natural residents of a state should have a higher standing in choosing THIER elected representatives than outsiders that have businesses in those states?

Got most of his financial support from Koch brothers who don't reside in his state. He is the product of a bought and paid for "by outside interests" governorship.

That alone should give the people of Wisconsin reason to recall. He does not represent THEM, the majority of the people of WI. He, according to the Koch brothers...represents THEM... two billionaires in West Palm Beach FLA.

That does include all the money that the unions ponyed up from outside the state also, right?

*SOURCE

So you do not believe the natural residents of a state should have a higher standing in choosing THIER elected representatives than outsiders that have businesses in those states?

They did that in the general election...

A recall election is a different animal with different rules... It's a purposefully difficult process to recall a governor... Checks & balances... Else you'd have every one of them having to face the process again prior to term expiration...

You mean like the Wisconsin residents whom Koch Industries keeps employed?

Why wouldn't those employed by KI want their employers to have a say?

If KI is employing Wisconsin taxpayers and paying Wisconsin taxes, what makes them "outsiders"?

I didn't get my "information" regarding my point from the internets. I heard an interview by one of the Koch brothers on the radio where he stated that he had heavily supported Walker...In the interview the Koch also claimed strangely enough that he also supported unions...That made me laugh. :lol:

So..no I don't have a "link". I had direct evidence. You are welcome to try to find the interview and refute my offering of what I heard.

They have business in WI, yes? That means they have legal, legitimate interest in the state and what happens there. So, with in state interests, they do not qualify as 'out of state' money.

FAIL.

Also, you don't have 'direct evidence'. You have hearsay.

Now, if you had a link to the transcript of said interview, THAT would be direct evidence.

Note that I am not saying you did not hear the interview, or that you are lying... I am simply stating that all we have to go on is your word. I seriously doubt you'd accept someone elses word if they made a similar claim.

Last edited:

That's probably because you don't understand the difference between public sector unions and private sector unions... I bet the Koch brothers do, though...

Last edited:

They have business in WI, yes? That means they have legal, legitimate interest in the state and what happens there. So, with in state interests, they do not qualify as 'out of state' money.

FAIL.

Now, if you had a link to the transcript of said interview, THAT would be direct evidence.

Note that I am not saying you did not hear the interview, or that you are lying... I am simply stating that all we have to go on is your word. I seriously doubt you'd accept someone elses word if they made a similar claim.

I heard it. I brought it. You can believe it or not.

That's probably because you don't understand the difference between public sector unions and private sector unions... I bet the Koch brothers do, though...

Ya ...you are probably right. The fact that I was a union rep in the US Postal Service for two years 70-71 is of little consequence or value to my opinion of public sector unions.

FAIL.

I heard it. I brought it. You can believe it or not.

Didn't say I don't believe you. I said that technically, unless you produce proof, it's still just hearsay.

And in any case, their in-state business interests make it in-state money, not out of state, so it's a moot point anyway.

Ya ...you are probably right. The fact that I was a union rep in the US Postal Service for two years 70-71 is of little consequence or value to my opinion of public sector unions.

Then your "made me laugh" comment doesn't make sense...

But then again nobody believes your bullshit here...

Maybe you can elaborate on your public sector union experience...then the MB can decide who is bullshit.

While you are dreaming up a rational reason why you know more about public sector unions than I do you can call up The Queen Anne Station branch of the US Postal service in Seattle and ask em if Les Glover was a superintendant .. he was the assistant super when I was a rep..we had meetings almost daily. He later became an even bigger shot in regional. Good luck...with your resume in this discussion.

Last edited:
001276c8-4053-443f-8fce-c09d179e1836.gif

Maybe you can elaborate on your public sector union experience...then the MB can decide who is bullshit.

What does my public sector union experience have to do with the "made me laugh" comment you made?

did walker end unions? No. So either stick with the topic, or fuck off.

Walker is pushing the Koch brothers agenda. Groups like ALEC write the legislation and guys like Walker just submit it for passage. So corporations and lobbyists and billionaires write the legislation and guys like Snyder, Walker, the Ohio governor, Christy, the Florida Governor. Notice all the tax breaks for the rich? The rich, through the GOP, have taken over our government. And Citizens United only made it worse.

Walker tried to take their right to collective bargaining away. So did the Ohio Governor. Snyder didn't have the balls because of the Big 3. But all over the country the GOP governors are pushing the billionaire corporations agenda. Part of that is breaking the unions.

Take away their right to collective bargaining would have made them powerless. You already took away their right to strike.

Republicans don't realize an attack on unions is an attack on all the middle class. And you are going to lose Ohio, Michigan, New Jersey & Minnesota because of this agenda. The GOP wanted the US Auto industry to fail. Why? That would broken the unions.

Kill the unions, kill the democratic party. Kill the middle class. That's the GOP agenda, don't pretend its not. You think you'll benefit from this? Wrong! Everything good in your life came from a union.

Oh shut the fuck up.....

"An attack on unions is an attack on the middle class"

The majority of the middle class aren't labor union members... Unions only makeup 15% of the total workforce..

Honestly, EVERY STATE should be a "right to work" state...

Of course democrats oppose that concept because it limits the power unions have.

Furthermore I love how progressives sit here and pretend they're for freedom and the people yet believe someone should be forced to join a labor union if they want a job..

If I had it my way I would ban labor unions all together - they're nothing more than criminal organizations presently... We have laws that protect employees - labor unions these days serve no other purpose than to extort businesses...

Fuck unions...

Scott Walker is rebuilding Wisconsin. And he's doing an incredible job. He really is turning things around there. The People of Wisconsin will be making a huge mistake if they allow greedy Union assholes to run him out of office. Scott Walker is actually a Wisconsin Hero. I wish him well.

Forum List

Back