4 people in 2026 go to Mars.

How long does it take to get there?
I dont think Id do it because once there, I feel like the nostalgia would wear of very very quickly.

These 4 people must be crazy.

After the first few weeks, they'll all.be hearing this one song riff on repeat in their minds: "you dont know what youve got, till its gone."

In general, I have no clue how they can colonize a planet that has no water. Humans need it just like they need air and food. No water, no food.

And, only 4 people going. If they want to colonize, they need more than that. And a shitload of doctors cuz humans are not robots.

We aren't getting off this planet with our current mentality, at least as far as westerners are concerned. Our civilization is too full of idiots.

We can barely build a damn road anymore on this planet without some pinko bed wetters climbing trees, and there's no one with the balls to shoot them out of it.

Until there is a cataclysmic event that results in the starvation of the world's liberal morons, there will be no human expansion outside our gravity.

Well..if it takes a tad less than a year to get there...what is stopping them from building something there already and just haven't said anything about it? You know..those 400 buck toilets the government pays and what not. For all we know, they already have solar gadgetry there, along with all that is needed for 4 people to survive. The next 4 that volunteer will bring more stuff that may be needed, etc.

Fascinating thinking about.

In general, I have no clue how they can colonize a planet that has no water. Humans need it just like they need air and food. No water, no food.

And, only 4 people going. If they want to colonize, they need more than that. And a shitload of doctors cuz humans are not robots.

We colonized American without a bunch of doctors.... but yeah I get your point.

I think these people know it's a one way journey without much hope of surviving any amount of time.

Just one malfunction of a few blowers through the CO2 scrubbers, and unless Amazon puts in a trillion dollars into logistics, they'll be dead before a replacement parts arrive.

I think these people assume they'll be remembered for going to Mars, and in certain circles they will. But I wager most of the planet will remember them, the same way we remember the Captain of the Titanic..... remember captian-whats-his-name who died at sea on his maiden voyage? Remember those four people who died going to Mars back in the 2020s?

I can see us talking about this whole thing retrospectively....

Well..if it takes a tad less than a year to get there...what is stopping them from building something there already and just haven't said anything about it? You know..those 400 buck toilets the government pays and what not. For all we know, they already have solar gadgetry there, along with all that is needed for 4 people to survive. The next 4 that volunteer will bring more stuff that may be needed, etc.

No reason to get all conspiracy thinking on it.

You're more optimistic than I am in that regard.

I'd love it if we could colonize Mars and not be subjugated to collectivist terror. That would require a pure capitalist endeavor, and I don't see why anyone would make such an investment without a return. Unless there was a massive gold deposit easy to mine, it ain't gonna happen.

But..what if? Colonizing Mars. What new gadgetry be discovered in the next 11 years? Or better yet, what new info will we get about Mars? Still...seems like they would focus on a more hospitable planet. Problem is...none are close enough. Yet.

Forum List

Back