Mars mission will be a suicide mission.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
Any mission to Mars will be a suicide mission. The first problem has to do with gravity, and the return liftoff from the surface of Mars. Once any craft lands on the Martian surface, it will become to heavy to launch back into space. The second problem, has to do with radiation. The space radiation that has been on the Martian surface is very dangerous for humans from Earth. The third and most obvious problem is the cost and the navigation to get to Mars and back to Earth. As I understand it, you only have a certain window of time when the Earth is in close proximity to Mars, for the journey to Mars to be reachable. Your thoughts on all of these issues.??

Any mission to Mars will be a suicide mission. The first problem has to do with gravity, and the return liftoff from the surface of Mars. Once any craft lands on the Martian surface, it will become to heavy to launch back into space. The second problem, has to do with radiation. The space radiation that has been on the Martian surface is very dangerous for humans from Earth. The third and most obvious problem is the cost and the navigation to get to Mars and back to Earth. As I understand it, you only have a certain window of time when the Earth is in close proximity to Mars, for the journey to Mars to be reachable. Your thoughts on all of these issues.??

1, Gravity. Mars has 1/5th the gravity of Earth. It won't take much to get things back to the orbiting mother ship.

2. Radiation. Like the Moon, any habitat that is ground level will be just temporary. Now, take it below a certain level and you have a natural insulator. This is why it's important to give the moon the first shot. When they iron out the problems on the Moon, then it's time to head out to Mars.

3. Cost. One of the things that will happen is that Mars can be a jumpoff point to mine the various belts of material out there.

1, Gravity. Mars has 1/5th the gravity of Earth. It won't take much to get things back to the orbiting mother ship.

2. Radiation. Like the Moon, any habitat that is ground level will be just temporary. Now, take it below a certain level and you have a natural insulator. This is why it's important to give the moon the first shot. When they iron out the problems on the Moon, then it's time to head out to Mars.

3. Cost. One of the things that will happen is that Mars can be a jumpoff point to mine the various belts of material out there.

Mars has 1/5th the gravity of Earth.

Closer to 2/5ths.

Any mission to Mars will be a suicide mission. The first problem has to do with gravity, and the return liftoff from the surface of Mars. Once any craft lands on the Martian surface, it will become to heavy to launch back into space.
Not if it is designed for that task by utilizing raw materials available on Mars to create the fuel for the return ride.

The second problem, has to do with radiation. The space radiation that has been on the Martian surface is very dangerous for humans from Earth.
They've already solved that problem by utilizing crew waste to shield them on the outbound trip and they would build colonies in available underground lava tubes there which would shield them from radiation.

The third and most obvious problem is the cost and the navigation to get to Mars and back to Earth. As I understand it, you only have a certain window of time when the Earth is in close proximity to Mars, for the journey to Mars to be reachable.
The cost is shared multi-nationally and Mars and Earth are in closest proximity about every two years or so.

There is no need to send humans to Mars.
It is too risky and expensive.
Rovers can do everything that we need to do.

There were no reasons to send anyone to the moon either. But much of what you take for granted was created for the Apollo Program.

Did you research any of this? I think most of it is not true. Got a link?

Imagine having to navigate with all this going on.

But according to The Secret Space Force, trips to Mars are routine -- see Gary McKinnon et al -- and have been for over 40 years .
This would require something like anti gravity propulsion which was discovered perhaps around 70 years ago from reverse engineered crashed craft .
Naturally this is all too much for Normies and hard evidence would be needed help to convert sceptics .
Like 99.9% of people .

dont worry about it 52....you aint going....

There were no reasons to send anyone to the moon either
1696588599270.png

~S~

Lots of things were suicide missions until they weren't. Someone will eventually do it.

we have better technology now than we had in 1969

There are only two ways that drives hard scientific explosion and that is a full blown World War and serious space drives. I think it's cheaper and also more humane to get the drive from space exploration.

Imagine having to navigate with all this going on.

One would think that we are drifting in space when in reality, we are screwing our way. The next time you find yourself getting screwed, remember, you will have something in common with our Solar System.

The first will be one way, that is true. But far from a suicide mission.

The first problem is solved by sending women, and then teasing them about being FAT the whole way out ... that keeps the weight down ... the second is a bigger problem going to the Moon, we're closer to the Sun and so receive much higher radiation levels ... although I believe the Apollo missions used aluminum foil as shielding, the ISS is slightly more robust ... and we've stuck folks in that tin can for long periods ...

The cost to provide a human habitation for that long is prohibitively expensive ... and just a single system will break and kill the astronauts ... triple, or quadruple, redundant systems and we can't get from the Earth's surface to Low Earth Orbit ... the sad truth is getting from LEO to Mars and back is easy, cheap and routine ... there's really no issues at all ...

Look at the Saturn V rocket ... only the top ten feet came back with a quarter ton of cytoplasm and a few hundred pounds of rocks ...

All that time and expense for rocks ... we're better off spinning gold out of straw ...

Before populating Mars, unmanned craft with appropriate technology needs to be sent down to terra form the planet.

Forum List

Back