Jewish widow gives $1 billion to NYC medical school to pay for student tuition

Persuader

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2020
I would rather she have given it to some school outside of the communist state of New York.

Too many Jews still do not understand it is time to get out of N.Y. and do nothing for the institutiuons there......very likely the school will use the money to bring in more students from Africa, the arab nations, blacks, and any and all minorities from here and around the world.

I would not be surprised if they even give any at all to prospective Jewish Students.
Jew Hatred reigns in NYC.

I would rather she have given it to some school outside of the communist state of New York.

Too many Jews still do not understand it is time to get out of N.Y. and do nothing for the institutiuons there......very likely the school will use the money to bring in more students from Africa, the arab nations, blacks, and any and all minorities from here and around the world.

I would not be surprised if they even give any at all to prospective Jewish Students.

Jewish women tend to be naive

Jewish women tend to be naive
Exactly....like they could not see the disaster coming down the road in Germany....they do not grasp what is happening in N.Y. or the threat that is emanating from liberalism in general.

The more you give to Jew Haters....the more they will hate you.

Yeah. They could go to Texas. Everyone knows Conservatives love Jews.

Maybe not Texas. Maybe they could go to Florida.

Ok. Maybe not Florida.

Maybe you can help me. Any Conservative States that don’t have increasing numbers of radical white supremacy nuts?

As long as the applicants are qualified there is nothing wrong with any person of any color going to medical school. And the op hasn't shown that non-qualified people are ever excepted by that school.

As long as the applicants are qualified there is nothing wrong with any person of any color going to medical school. And the op hasn't shown that non-qualified people are ever excepted by that school.
I think what we have today is the discussion on what qualified is. And if others are denied due to preferences. And it has caused a lot of friction. I have had professional healthcare from all backgrounds.

Are you a New Yorker?

I think I recently read there are 1.6 million Jews in NYC.

I think what she has done is wonderful.

I have been thinking about this bequest a lot. I see a bunch of potential consequences (if you can think of more, add to the list plz):

higher ability applicants who are considering "fancier" schools will be attracted to AECOM because of the 60k+ per year savings and choose to go there
more college students will apply (generating some more money in application fees)
and entire financial department will be dissolved and jobs lost as no one will have to worry about financial aid, tuition billing etc. Offices will open up
money saved by students will be used for housing and lifestyle (could this lead to gentrification of that area?)
students will be graduating with no debt which might allow more to work in lower-paying jobs
there will be increased competition between NYU med school and AECOM (NYU has already announced no tuition for its students)
other local (and, I guess nationally) med schools will have to figure out how to compete
the school will not need to do fundraising on the same level and extant funds can be used to upgrade facilities and improve staffing and programming

there are approximately 1000 students in AECOM's various programs. At 60k per year, that's 60 million dollars of money not coming in. And endowment of 1 billion dollars would have to generate 60 million in interest to cover tuition costs (I'm no math guy but I think that that is a 6 percent return) without eating into principal. I don't know if this is feasible consistently but it is certainly within the realm of possibility.

a whole bunch of doctors who went to AECOM will sit around bemoaning that they were born too early.

I have been thinking about this bequest a lot. I see a bunch of potential consequences (if you can think of more, add to the list plz):

higher ability applicants who are considering "fancier" schools will be attracted to AECOM because of the 60k+ per year savings and choose to go there
more college students will apply (generating some more money in application fees)
and entire financial department will be dissolved and jobs lost as no one will have to worry about financial aid, tuition billing etc. Offices will open up
money saved by students will be used for housing and lifestyle (could this lead to gentrification of that area?)
students will be graduating with no debt which might allow more to work in lower-paying jobs
there will be increased competition between NYU med school and AECOM (NYU has already announced no tuition for its students)
other local (and, I guess nationally) med schools will have to figure out how to compete
the school will not need to do fundraising on the same level and extant funds can be used to upgrade facilities and improve staffing and programming

there are approximately 1000 students in AECOM's various programs. At 60k per year, that's 60 million dollars of money not coming in. And endowment of 1 billion dollars would have to generate 60 million in interest to cover tuition costs (I'm no math guy but I think that that is a 6 percent return) without eating into principal. I don't know if this is feasible consistently but it is certainly within the realm of possibility.

a whole bunch of doctors who went to AECOM will sit around bemoaning that they were born too early.
It seems several on here do not understand the real issues involved with who is allowed into lmedical schools and who is not.

My contention is that the most qualified should be accepted....(which historically was the case)unfortunately...politics entered into the qualification process aka....in an attempt to promote diversity aka wokeness...medical schools quite some time ago began accepting less qualified applicants based on politics aka affirmative action etc. whilst excluding those more qualified.....simply outrageous and un-acceptable but unfortunately politics over-ruled common sense....aka reverse discrimination

My doctor is from Africa I have had him for over 20 years he is great.
1709038406281.png

21issermanSub-articleLarge.jpg

Communists marching in the May Day parade in New York in 1935 New York has long been the Capitol of Communism in America. Undeniable,,,but attacks on Jews is a new phenomenon...it happens daily...we see the videos of it constantly on here....aka jews getting hit over the head, beaten up, knifed and killed...usually by a minority group we know all too well.

Yet the media wants to convince folks all this mayhem is done by white supremacists.

Forum List

Back