Mars mission will be a suicide mission.

Any mission to Mars will be a suicide mission. The first problem has to do with gravity, and the return liftoff from the surface of Mars. Once any craft lands on the Martian surface, it will become to heavy to launch back into space. The second problem, has to do with radiation. The space radiation that has been on the Martian surface is very dangerous for humans from Earth. The third and most obvious problem is the cost and the navigation to get to Mars and back to Earth. As I understand it, you only have a certain window of time when the Earth is in close proximity to Mars, for the journey to Mars to be reachable. Your thoughts on all of these issues.??
All real problems.

1. As other posters have pointed out, Mars has a fraction of the gravitation of Earth. But the exit velocity is nealy half that of Earth's (5 vs 11 km/s). That's still quite a bit. The mass of that launch system has to be shipped to Mars, in working order. Their lives depend on it.

2. Underground, or inside insulated domes, vehicles, and suits. So that's even more mass we have to haul to Mars. And it has to be there before we get there. Robotics will be key. And as Vrenn said, we have to test all of it on the Moon, first.

3. Cost and time.... sigh. The actual barriers. We can save all of the above problems.

Last edited:
The most likely version of getting to Mars requires swinging by Venus for gravity assist

That's the goop inside cell membranes ... an allegory to all that of a biological nature ... something that would be completely absent on Mars, other than what we bring with us ...

I suspect minerals that require water circulation would also be in very very short supply ... so there's a few important resources that would require new technology and new methods ...
So, they brought back cytoplasm from Moon on Apollo? That makes zero sense.

There's no way to do that with todays technology.

Before we go to other planets, I think we should try fixing this one.

Because when I think about putting life on mars, I'm thinking Elysium or 2012. Where only the super rich get to escape earth.
There's mixed arguments but technology and ideas exist. It's just the other challenges that Mars brings; no magnetic field, lower gravity, lower atmospheric pressure, colder temperatures etc ..

I have no idea since there is zero logic in referring to humans as cytoplasm, you ignorant hick!

Oh ... I'm sorry ... that comes from college biology ... the humor must be over your head ... but don't worry, you didn't miss much, see how no one else is laughing ...

You've been whooshed my friend ... it sometimes happens to the best of us ...

There's mixed arguments but technology and ideas exist. It's just the other challenges that Mars brings; no magnetic field, lower gravity, lower atmospheric pressure, colder temperatures etc ..

It would be easier to drain our oceans and send it all up into space than to terraform Mars. Seriously we can't even slow the natural climate change here on earth.

Any mission to Mars will be a suicide mission. The first problem has to do with gravity, and the return liftoff from the surface of Mars. Once any craft lands on the Martian surface, it will become to heavy to launch back into space. The second problem, has to do with radiation. The space radiation that has been on the Martian surface is very dangerous for humans from Earth. The third and most obvious problem is the cost and the navigation to get to Mars and back to Earth. As I understand it, you only have a certain window of time when the Earth is in close proximity to Mars, for the journey to Mars to be reachable. Your thoughts on all of these issues.??

Might be a good job for advanced AI,
Maybe much of the ground work can be done ahead of time before humans need to arrive

Not if it is designed for that task by utilizing raw materials available on Mars to create the fuel for the return ride.

They've already solved that problem by utilizing crew waste to shield them on the outbound trip and they would build colonies in available underground lava tubes there which would shield them from radiation.

The cost is shared multi-nationally and Mars and Earth are in closest proximity about every two years or so.
I hate to agree with you, but I agree with you.

Damnit.

It would be easier to drain our oceans and send it all up into space than to terraform Mars. Seriously we can't even slow the natural climate change here on earth.

In abut 200 years you will get your wish unless we do something today. You are spewing BS. If the oceans were drained and transported to mars, mars would be completely covered with water with one exception only. And your BS about the comparison of transporting some construction equipment to Mars versus all 3 of the Earth's Oceans to Mars. I suggest you avoid any idjit contests, you would win hands down.

Forum List

Back