3 of the top 5 richest men in Congress are democrats.

Who are the richest members of Congress - Yahoo Finance

That's right the supposed party of the people is full of rich people.
====================
guess what ? 7 of the top 10 have a "D" behind their name, hard to believe considering the liberfools on USMB whine all the time about those RICH Republicans, oooooh the irony of it all. :up:
We're not complainig about rich people, just greedy idiot rich Pubs who've wrecked the nonrich and the country, stupid. see sig.

You mean any rich person who didn't vote D....

fool
you think the Dems actually care about you? LOL
I know it, and you're not rich until you make over 250k, and you'll never be what I call a Pub, just another Pub dupe.

I'm labeled a pub dupe why? Because in the last two Presidential elections I felt a republican best served me? My congressman is a Dem and I've reelected him thrice.
Because you believe way too much of their bs. But well done, you have potential. And good night.

Incorrect. I don't believe the BS of EITHER party.

Goodnight.

One reason you have a lot of rich people in Congress is because they can afford to be there. They can afford to run campaigns, they can afford to live the lifestyle, etc. It's easier to be elected to congress when you have your own personal wealth. Look, for example, at Mitt Romney and his campaign for the presidency: he funded a great deal of it with his own money, and he had a lot of wealthy friends contriubuing to his campaign. The same is true of those who run for congress. It's our system. If it didn't cost so much to run for office, we'd have far more economically ordinary people in Congress.
Um.

I don't know. I don't think I would want to vote for some guy who works as a Walmart Manager, who only earns $40,000 a year. Not because of his income... but because of his limited expertise and experience in the world.

There are some people who have been able to work their way into government without money.

But the truth is, we don't generally want to elect losers. I want people who have 'skin in the game'. Not some guy who makes $30K as an auto mechanic. What does that guy know about international relations?

The people who know enough about how national policy works, are often wealthy people.

Additionally, people tend to work their way up from lower levels of government. Often many people start in lower levels, and move from position to position, many times earning very little. But as we all know, there are many ways to make money in politics, and eventually you end up very wealthy before you end up in the Senate.

And lastly... Politics attracts a certain type of people. The most obvious and most prevalent... lawyers. Well clearly, if you are a lawyer, you are not going to be impoverished.

Most people at the lower income levels, have no interest whatsoever in being in politics. I would absolutely HATE being in politics. Not to mention, being honest and frank with people, is not an election winning plan.

Would *YOU* want to be in politics? Think about that. You really want every single word you ever speak, analyzed by every hack and partisan in the country? You really want every accidental word you speak, taken out of context, and splashed across international news channels?

Do you want responsibility for every action by every single Federal employee in the entire country?

Now I have blamed the IRS, and laughed at their "those emails magically were lost" explanation. But if you go through all my posts, I have never blamed Obama directly for the IRS scandal. Why? Because I truly believe it is entirely possible that the IRS was doing stuff Obama didn't know about. There are just under 3 MILLION Federal Employees.

Take a look at this page real quick.
List of United States federal agencies - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

This is a list of Federal Government Agencies.

When I hit print preview.... it says that this cite, is 34 pages long.

When some government agency does something crazy, and the politicians stand up and say "We didn't know about this"... many times... I believe them. You think you as a Congressman, or a Senator, are going to know what every single one of those thousand government agencies is doing? You are crazy. It would take you a couple of weeks, to go through the actions of every single agency, just once. But those Agencies are being changed and reorganized, and doing different things, every single month. And by the way.... there is no official government list of agencies. Even the government doesn't know exactly how many there are. This is just a list compiled by people on Wiki.

Back to the point.... Not many people are interested in this kind of thing. Just saying.... not many want this type of responsibility, or authority. The idea that if money wasn't required, then average people would do it, just isn't all that true. Look at the Founding Fathers of this country, back in 1776.

Of the 74 Delegates at the Constitutional convention... 35 were lawyers. Surprise. 13 were Merchants, 11 were Securities merchants (aka bankers), 7 were Land Speculators (land brokers and land lords), and 14 were massive plantation owners, or operators (Walmart people). (some overlap in here, that's why the numbers don't add up).

Out of all of them, only 2 were small farmers, 4 were doctors, 2 scientists, and 8 were career politicians which at that time was a very low wage.

So maybe 10 people were 'average joes'. The rest were wealthy. Nothing has changed. In fact, percentage wise, it's not all that different from today.

So, we should only elect people based on the size of their bank accounts? And those without large cash stashes are LOSERS...
The founders set up our legislature precisely for the mid level manager or some such. It's called a "citizen legislature". They set it up to dissuade incumbency and elitism. They wanted to avoid the permanence of the wealthy elite controlling the country for life.
How can you with a straight face sit at your computer and maintain the system is operating well?
How is that possible?
We should return to the citizen legislature. We should have term limits for Congress.
And BTW, members of Congress are paid over $170k per year. Committee assignments are paid more. Committee Chairs as well as members in leadership positions even more. The Senate Majority Leader and the Speaker of the House make nearly $200k.
Plus they get all kinds of other federal perks. Pensions and benefits are quite cushy.
Once one is elected to Congress, they can rapidly amass quite a little nest egg.

Yet another Halmark of the left: Hypocrisy. The prior poster said we should elect based on the size of their bank accounts. Then you accuse me of doing that?

You want to elect people based on the size of their bank accounts. That's exactly what the prior poster said. "they are wealthy, and don't care about us".... so you are saying you want to vote for someone based on their bank account. If the amount of money is low enough, that's someone to vote for in your book.... right? Because apparently if they are not wealthy, then they care about us? Fail?

No, they did not setup the government to "avoid the permanence of the wealthy elite". Yes they did not want people controlling the country for life. They were against career politicians. I'm against career politicians. Obama/Clinton/Kennedy.... types are exactly the career politician the founding fathers didn't want.

They wanted people who had their own money, and work with their own hands, and earned their living as independent people. People who went through the process of providing for their own needs with their own abilities.

Not people who spent their entire lives living off others who worked, by collecting tax payer money from public office. Obama and Clinton, neither one has ever held a real private sector job. They have spent their entire lives, living off the stolen money of working people.

And yes, the system is working well. Very well. The public is voting in, and getting exactly the kind of policies, that they demand. The public WANTED Obama. They got him. He has lived up to exactly the expectations we had for him.

But but he promised X Y and Z!!.... ? Really? Did he?

When you have expectations that are unrealistic, and impossible... then the problem isn't the politicians... its you for being stupid, and believing something that everyone else knew couldn't happen.

You really thought Gitmo could be shut down? You really thought they were going to bring enemy combatants into the US, and have them tried in court? Really?

You seriously believed that? How absolutely STUPID... just plain IDIOTIC, does a person have to be to think that was going to happen?

That's not Obama's fault. That's the public's fault for being that dumb. "Yes we can!"... morons. "Hope and Change!"... idiots. "Believe!" Foolish imbeciles.

When someone makes hundreds of crazy promises, and you are so dumb you just vote them in, and wait for the fairy tale utopia to begin... yes.... Yes absolutely... the system is working PERFECTLY. You people are getting the stupidity you voted for. The public is getting exactly what they asked for, and deserve.

I won't have to worry about putting gas in my car. I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage. If I help him, he'll help me.

You people are dumb as rocks. The country deserves what it gets.

So....every politician who supports helping the poor should give all their money to the poor first
Every republican who supported invading Iraq should have enlisted first

Completely different issues.

Defending the nation.... is a fundamental duty of the Federal Government.

The entire reason we got rid of the articles of Confederation, in favor of the Constitution, was for the purposes of defense.

The military benefits everyone in the entire country. From the most wealthy, to the most impoverished, defense of the nation benefits everyone.

Welfare and social programs, by their very nature, harm one group of people, for the benefit of another group. Welfare doesn't benefit me, but it sure does harm me. I can see the money stolen from my check every pay period.

Further, the rhetoric is hideous. The left constantly backs the promotion of these programs, as 'caring for their fellow man'. But none of these programs has anything to do with caring. They themselves don't care at all. They are not giving THEIR money to others. They are stealing money from working people. And it's not even caring on our part either. When someone cares, it requires voluntary action. Forcing me to give my money to someone else, is not 'caring'. It's coercion.

If I come and shove a gun up your nose, and demand you give money to the beggar down town.... would you walk away saying "Boy, me and that guy, were sure 'caring' toward that beggar!"? Of course not.

But that's what government does. If I don't pay my taxes, they try and confiscate my stuff. If I try and stop them, men with guns show up.

That's not caring for your fellow man at all. That's brutality and coercion.

And you could have more earnings if you weren't such a coward.
Take what they give you and then attempt to keep from letting your earnings leave you. Nice thought.
The rich have a bit of a different philosophy
Pay smucks like you a pittance and keep the rest for themselves
Then they give you that propaganda of "wealth redistribution" and you swallow it hook line an sinker.
Then you so easily put the blame on the worker.
Wonderful agenda the corporations and "some" of the rich have going for themselves.
While the real wealth redistribution starts at the paycheck.
They get their great abundance and want yours at a minimum. Hell stay with that ideology.
DUH!!!

Yeah, I could. I know that. I could also have more money, if you leftists would stop taking the money I already earn.

See I don't blame others for what *IS* my fault. But I most certainly do blame others, for what is not my fault. I don't blame you from my gross pay, but I do blame you for my net pay.

Nothing else was worth responding to. More talking points. Go read your DNC memo elsewhere.

3 of 5 are Democrats. I take it that 2 of 5 are Republicans?

They're all Fat Cats who care not a whit about us.

First, it's always amazing to me, that based on no information except net worth, you magically know accurately who does, or does not care "about us".

As if, magically, if one of them was poor.... they would automatically 'care about us'..... because they were poor...

Because I know in my life, the people who cared the most about me.... were poor people.... right? Hasn't that been your experience too?

Second, I truly wish those people would STOP caring about me so much. Maybe if they didn't care about me, they'd stop stealing 1/3rd of my pay check, and claiming they were screwing me over for "my benefit" because "we care".

I can't tell you how many times, self-righteous, patronizing, down talking leftards, have asked me why "you are voting against your own best interest?", and I'm looking at my pay stub, thinking... that's my best interest? To be screwed over for your failed policies, is in my best interest....... right.

So yeah, if we can just vote in people who are only interested in advancing themselves, instead of screwing me over while claiming it's because they care about me.... I'd gladly take that over the current situation. That extra $6 Trillion in debt Obama has saddled me with, supposedly for 'my best interest', that I'm going to be screwed over in the future to pay back.... It would have been much better if Obama didn't care a whit about me, and didn't screw me over like that.

Dude, on another thread you said you made 12k two years ago. I am sure you are up to 14k now. Which means you get the EIC. Quit with the bullshit about how YOUR paycheck is being so severely impacted by 6 billion in debt. You get back every dollar withheld. Plus some. For being poor.

Once again... you don't know jack about the topic. I have my 2013 IRS return right here in front of me.

My total gross income from 2013, was $18.7K.

For that income, I had to pay $2,800 in taxes. About 15% of my income went to taxes... thanks to people like you.

Yikes, I spent more on fuel last year than you earned. I almost paid as much in income tax as you earned.

No wonder you're angry.

Well I am somewhat angry, but it has nothing to do with my income. I live pretty darn good actually. I'm way better off, than even some people I know who earn more than me.

No, what I'm angry about is, arrogant elitists, who think they know better than me, what is good for me, and walk around being patronizing, because they earn more.

What I'm angry about is people who are such complete and total hypocrites, that they say things like "Republicans are only for the wealthy" and then say "You're just ignorant poor people" on the very next post.

Yes, I am angry that these scummy bits of human trash, walk around judging everyone because of their paycheck, while claiming to be 'for the little guy'. Leftists are all hypocrites. All of them are. Haven't met a decent, non-arrogant leftist yet.

Another Right-Wing class warfare thread.

I don't understand. The right-wing doesn't believe in class. How can it be a right-wing class warfare thread, when there is no class system?

It's the left, that believes in class-warfare. The left is all about 'us' verses 'them'.

Why do we keep getting these threads from Conservatives?

Yes.....Democrats can be rich
They do not hate wealth

They just think the wealthy should pay more in taxes. They vote to raise their own taxes
Meanwhile, rich republicans vote to slash the benefits of the poor

That is the difference
The Right just can't or won't see that.

Hillary is the poorest of the democrat poor. Why she had to down grade on her vacation home in the Hamptons this year.

No matter what you say, the brain dead American voter will always think that the DNC is for the poor and the GOP is for the rich, despite corporate America propping up people like Obama. Brain death occurred long ago, there is little hope.

Now Obama and company have declared war on small business in America with their various entitlements and unfair taxation that essentially has nixed competition for small business with corporate America. The problem is, small business hires up to 2/3 of the workforce and always has, but now that it is near impossible for a small business to flourish do to government/corporate policy, the jobs have gone.

Also, if you notice democrats are fixated on taxing income. Well guess what, the richest of the rich don't care much about income, only wealth. The rich don't need any income, so punishing income only decreases competition for the very rich. This, in turn, will cause the very rich to become much more idle and complacent as innovation and competition will stagnate much like in the former USSR.

Enjoy America! I'm sure Hillary will fix everything.

Mwhahahaha!!

Again, what makes Conservatives think that because Democrats advocate for the poor that they should be poor themselves?

Hillary is the poorest of the democrat poor. Why she had to down grade on her vacation home in the Hamptons this year.

No matter what you say, the brain dead American voter will always think that the DNC is for the poor and the GOP is for the rich, despite corporate America propping up people like Obama. Brain death occurred long ago, there is little hope.

Now Obama and company have declared war on small business in America with their various entitlements and unfair taxation that essentially has nixed competition for small business with corporate America. The problem is, small business hires up to 2/3 of the workforce and always has, but now that it is near impossible for a small business to flourish do to government/corporate policy, the jobs have gone.

Also, if you notice democrats are fixated on taxing income. Well guess what, the richest of the rich don't care much about income, only wealth. The rich don't need any income, so punishing income only decreases competition for the very rich. This, in turn, will cause the very rich to become much more idle and complacent as innovation and competition will stagnate much like in the former USSR.

Mwhahahaha!!

Again, what makes Conservatives think that because Democrats advocate for the poor that they should be poor themselves?
Cause the democrats only pretend to advocate for the poor, what they are really doing is dividing the country by providing hand-outs and claiming the republicans are advocates for the rich. Yeah cause the republicans are advocates for rich democrats :cuckoo: It's retarded, but no surprise you don't see the irony.

Let me see,.......You IDIOT , if you could actually comprehend something that is written you might not look like such a fool. Below poverty level was included so those that are there are the ones.
Nice try to kiss some more ass of the ultra rich.
Its asses like you that keep the struggle down but we will continue the fight to show what a bunch of robber barons they are , you can help them all you want.
Low life.

It is not very difficult to understand or figure out. Unless of course the ultra rich and corporations are like a god to you.
you know the ones that pay less than minimum wage or pay at or below the poverty level.
Then when it comes their turn to dip their wick into the money pot its how much for me!!! And what else do you have to offer me because "I AM ME"

My posts have never said they were evil they were gluttons and they exploit the country with their unscrupulous demands. All the rich? No. All the corporations? No.
But many.

Ok. What corporations, or rich wealthy people, would you consider having "unscrupulous demands, and exploiting the country"?
Your an idiot, corporations paying below minimum wage?. Name one, if not shut up.
You dumb ass how many poor people do you work for. The friends I have that became wealthy earned it and worked very hard for it. Class envy is strong in you.

They do not hate wealth

They just think the wealthy should pay more in taxes. They vote to raise their own taxes

That is the difference
If they want to pay more in taxes they are free to cut a check to the U.S. Treasury for any amount they want.

But they won't
What a childlike retort

They are elected congressmen and their role is to set the tax rate. Wealthy Democrats vote to raise their own tax rate, wealthy republicans look to slash programs for the poor
It's called leading by example.

But then again out elected leaders don't lead anymore do they?
So....every politician who supports helping the poor should give all their money to the poor first

What a simpleton you are
Simpleton straw man argument.
When will you ever learn
Its not my argument that anyone who advocates for programs for the poor should give all their money away

I agree it is a strawman......and not a very good one at that

They do not hate wealth

That is the difference

well you believe that then you should be a subject of the party
Why can't they pass a bill that is just FOR raising their taxes in congress? I mean they can pick out the wealthy in the country for wanting to raise taxes on?
what's wrong with doing it to them specifically? They are so for raising taxes on themselves
scary what some of you swallow all for a party

Mwhahahaha!!

Cause the democrats only pretend to advocate for the poor, what they are really doing is dividing the country by providing hand-outs and claiming the republicans are advocates for the rich. Yeah cause the republicans are advocates for rich democrats :cuckoo: It's retarded, but no surprise you don't see the irony.

The dems do advocate for the poor and their policies reflect it

Meanwhile, Republicans protect the ultra rich and blame all of our economic issues on those who have the least

They do not hate wealth

That is the difference

well you believe that then you should be a subject of the party
Why can't they pass a bill that is just FOR raising their taxes in congress? I mean they can pick out the wealthy in the country for wanting to raise taxes on?
what's wrong with doing it to them specifically? They are so for raising taxes on themselves
scary what some of you swallow all for a party

Another post by Steph showing how utterly clueless she is

I have a better idea Steph. If we are going to single out 535 people to raise taxes on, why don't we single out the 535 richest Americans?

We will raise more money than if we raised the taxes on 100 million Americans

Last edited:

Mwhahahaha!!

Meanwhile, Republicans protect the ultra rich and blame all of our economic issues on those who have the least
Why are the democrats attacking the middle class with high income tax rates and high health care costs again? Why are the democrats doing their best to push the middle class into poverty again? Why are the democrats screwing the poor through hand-out programs instead of hand-up programs preferred by the republicans? Why are the democrats pushing for bringing in tens of millions of poor immigrants? Why are the democrats supporting more wars in the ME? Why are the democrats supporting H1B visas? Why are the democrats sending US tax dollars to china? Why are the democrats spying on us all?

Last edited:

Mwhahahaha!!

Why are the democrats attacking the middle class again?

Actually, it is the dems standing up for the middle class. Advocating worker rights, higher wages, healthcare

It is the Repubicans who attack the hated 47%

They do not hate wealth

That is the difference
If they want to pay more in taxes they are free to cut a check to the U.S. Treasury for any amount they want.

But they won't
What a childlike retort

They are elected congressmen and their role is to set the tax rate. Wealthy Democrats vote to raise their own tax rate, wealthy republicans look to slash programs for the poor
It's called leading by example.

But then again out elected leaders don't lead anymore do they?

What a simpleton you are
Simpleton straw man argument.
When will you ever learn
Its not my argument that anyone who advocates for programs for the poor should give all their money away

I agree it is a strawman......and not a very good one at that
All right now you show me where I said that people should "give all their money away"

Funny you talk about straw men when you intentionally lie about someone else's posts.

But then again all you give a shit about is your partisan hackery.

Mwhahahaha!!

Why are the democrats attacking the middle class again?

Actually, it is the dems standing up for the middle class. Advocating worker rights, higher wages, healthcare

It is the Repubicans who attack the hated 47%
Stating the truth is not an attack.

Grow a set will ya.

Why are the democrats attacking the middle class with high income tax rates and high health care costs again? Why are the democrats doing their best to push the middle class into poverty again? Why are the democrats screwing the poor through hand-out programs instead of hand-up programs preferred by the republicans? Why are the democrats pushing for bringing in tens of millions of poor immigrants? Why are the democrats supporting more wars in the ME? Why are the democrats supporting H1B visas? Why are the democrats sending US tax dollars to china? Why are the democrats spying on us all?

Forum List

Back