3 of the top 5 richest men in Congress are democrats.

This topic is a good critical thinking opportunity.

Notice the carefully framed picture. "3 of top 5".

But if you look at the top 20 members of Congress, you get a tie between Democrats and Republicans.

If you look at the bottom 10 (the poorest members of Congress), 7 of them are Democrats.

If you look at the bottom 5, 4 of them are Democrats.

Link

But if you look at the top 20 members of Congress, you get a tie between Democrats and Republicans.

If you look at the bottom 10 (the poorest members of Congress), 7 of them are Democrats.

Link
Nice job Buzz Killington, way to stomp a thread to death before we could get into some nice frothy inane political team bashing.

That picture isn't going to fly. Graphic image deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Link

Yeah, but we're not worried about the 99%. Remember? It's the evil 1% that is all that matters.

3 of 5 are Democrats. I take it that 2 of 5 are Republicans?

They're all Fat Cats who care not a whit about us.

First, it's always amazing to me, that based on no information except net worth, you magically know accurately who does, or does not care "about us".

As if, magically, if one of them was poor.... they would automatically 'care about us'..... because they were poor...

Because I know in my life, the people who cared the most about me.... were poor people.... right? Hasn't that been your experience too?

Second, I truly wish those people would STOP caring about me so much. Maybe if they didn't care about me, they'd stop stealing 1/3rd of my pay check, and claiming they were screwing me over for "my benefit" because "we care".

I can't tell you how many times, self-righteous, patronizing, down talking leftards, have asked me why "you are voting against your own best interest?", and I'm looking at my pay stub, thinking... that's my best interest? To be screwed over for your failed policies, is in my best interest....... right.

So yeah, if we can just vote in people who are only interested in advancing themselves, instead of screwing me over while claiming it's because they care about me.... I'd gladly take that over the current situation. That extra $6 Trillion in debt Obama has saddled me with, supposedly for 'my best interest', that I'm going to be screwed over in the future to pay back.... It would have been much better if Obama didn't care a whit about me, and didn't screw me over like that.

Forum List

Back