3 of the top 5 richest men in Congress are democrats.

Another post by Steph showing how utterly clueless she is

I have a better idea Steph. If we are going to single out 535 people to raise taxes on, why don't we single out the 535 richest Americans?

We will raise more money than if we raised the taxes on 100 million Americans

Why not cut spending and live within our means.

Let's let all those rich Democrats put their money where there mouth is and not take one single deduction so they can pay more in taxes like they claim they want to do. Let's have them lead by example. If they do that, I will do the same.

As soon as the Democrat Obama stepped foot in office he raised the highest cigarette of any President and that damn sure isn't going to hurt the wealthy.

so that line they look OUT FOR the working man and the poor while hording their millions
IS BS

Another post by Steph showing how utterly clueless she is

I have a better idea Steph. If we are going to single out 535 people to raise taxes on, why don't we single out the 535 richest Americans?

We will raise more money than if we raised the taxes on 100 million Americans

Why not cut spending and live within our means.

Let's let all those rich Democrats put their money where there mouth is and not take one single deduction so they can pay more in taxes like they claim they want to do. Let's have them lead by example. If they do that, I will do the same.

Why not do both?

Why not do both?

Why not let all those rich Democrats put their money where there mouth is and not take one single deduction so they can pay more in taxes like they claim they want to do. Let's have them lead by example. If they do that, I will do the same.

We also can't do both, it is proven time and time again. We raise taxes and fail to cut spending, that happened during the Reagan era with the increase of taxes, there were supposed to be cuts in spending, never happened.

As soon as the Democrat Obama stepped foot in office he raised the highest cigarette of any President and that damn sure isn't going to hurt the wealthy.

so that line they look OUT FOR the working man and the poor while hording their millions
IS BS

Poor, poor Steph

Has to pay more for her smokes
oldlady.gif

Fucking Obama

Why not do both?

Why not let all those rich Democrats put their money where there mouth is and not take one single deduction so they can pay more in taxes like they claim they want to do. Let's have them lead by example. If they do that, I will do the same.

We also can't do both, it is proven time and time again. We raise taxes and fail to cut spending, that happened during the Reagan era with the increase of taxes, there were supposed to be cuts in spending, never happened.

Why not do both?

Raise taxes and cut spending

ONLY way to cut our debt

Why not do both?

Why not do both?

ONLY way to cut our debt
Raise taxes on who? Which taxes? Corporate taxes on people who already pay personal income taxes? Personal income taxes of the middle class and upper middle class who already pay the highest rates of personal income taxes? Capital gains taxes on interest earned from already taxed money? Or maybe raise personal income taxes on the FIFTY PERCENT OF AMERICANS WITH PERSONAL INCOME WHO DON'T PAY ANY PERSONAL INCOME TAXES?

Why not do both?

Why not do both?

ONLY way to cut our debt
Raise taxes on who? Which taxes? Corporate taxes on people who already pay personal income taxes? Personal income taxes of the middle class and upper middle class who already pay the highest rates of personal income taxes? Capital gains taxes on interest earned from already taxed money? Or maybe raise personal income taxes on the FIFTY PERCENT OF AMERICANS WITH PERSONAL INCOME WHO DON'T PAY ANY PERSONAL INCOME TAXES?

See this chart?

U.S._Distribution_of_Wealth,_2007.jpg

Increase taxes on everyone who is not in that 2 tenths of a percent or 4 percent of wealth

Why not do both?

Why not do both?

ONLY way to cut our debt

See this chart?

Increase taxes on everyone who is not in that 2 tenths of a percent or 4 percent of wealth

Please recognize the difference between income and wealth. They are not the same thing. You are posting a chart that shows distribution of wealth not income.

Are you asking for a new tax to redistribute owned assets? This is a yes or no question. For example, a property or asset tax?

Why not do both?

Why not do both?

ONLY way to cut our debt

See this chart?

So how do you tax wealth?

Wealth and income are 2 different things or didn't you know that?

People can earn a high income and have little or no wealth or didn't you know that either?

People can earn a high income and have little or no wealth or didn't you know that either?

Here in TX we have Sales and Property taxes. I prefer those over income taxes.

I would be in favor of changing the federal taxing system to one mirroring TX's system.

Why not do both?

Why not do both?

ONLY way to cut our debt

See this chart?

I said tax those in those categories

We can't tax wealth. Republicans have made sure of that. We can only tax income which the wealthy try to ensure is as little as possible they can report

I was asked who I would tax and I replied I would go after those in the upper 60%

Where do you go for additional tax revenue? You go where the money is
You definitely leave the 40% of the population with 2 tenhts of a percent of the wealth alone

I would be in favor of changing the federal taxing system to one mirroring TX's system.
The problem I have with property taxes is that they are subject to arbitrary assessments that can be messed with by corrupt politicians.

Now if property taxes were changed so that every square foot of every house and every acre of land were taxed at the same rate I would be all for them.

Why not do both?

Why not do both?

ONLY way to cut our debt

See this chart?

We can't tax wealth. Republicans have made sure of that. We can only tax income which the wealthy try to ensure is as little as possible they can report

I was asked who I would tax and I replied I would go after those in the upper 60%

You definitely leave the 40% of the population with 2 tenhts of a percent of the wealth alone
So someone with lots of wealth and no income pays no taxes?

Why not do both?

Why not do both?

ONLY way to cut our debt

See this chart?

Please recognize the difference between income and wealth. They are not the same thing. You are posting a chart that shows distribution of wealth not income.

Are you asking for a new tax to redistribute owned assets? This is a yes or no question. For example, a property or asset tax?

Yes, they are not the same thing

But for some odd reason, you will find them closely corelated

Why not do both?

Why not do both?

ONLY way to cut our debt

See this chart?

So someone with lots of wealth and no income pays no taxes?

A GOP utopia

Why not do both?

Why not do both?

ONLY way to cut our debt

See this chart?

So you want a new personal income tax exemption for anyone with less than a certain amount of assets? Say 1 million in assets non retirement account based assets? Most retired people have nest eggs, should they be taxed unfairly or do you make it where retirement accounts don't count?

You have me "interested" let's discuss details.

The problem I have with property taxes is that they are subject to arbitrary assessments that can be messed with by corrupt politicians.

Now if property taxes were changed so that every square foot of every house and every acre of land were taxed at the same rate I would be all for them.

There will always be corruption in every system that involved humans. Where I live homes and the land used for the home are taxed at one rate and land is taxed at a different rate. The assumption is that your home uses one set of public utilities and public services and ranch land uses a different set of public utilities and services. If you make the cost to high for land taxes you will break up every farm and ranch. You'll have no food to eat. That or the cost of food will have to go up cause what you are really talking about is a tax on the production of food.

Why not do both?

Why not do both?

ONLY way to cut our debt

See this chart?

Yes, they are not the same thing

But for some odd reason, you will find them closely corelated

Sometimes they are closely correlated other times not. For example, Gates does not have personal income per se, he has assets accumulated through stock, when he sells that stock it is a capital gain. The wealth distribution you are showing includes ownership, not realized gain or income. IOW our tax system is not designed to correct the thing you are complaining about. It is by contrast, designed to prevent people from obtaining significant assets through labor and investments. IOW it is designed to keep people from becoming rich to the benefit of people who are already filthy rich.

Forum List

Back